• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cel-Shaded Brawler Transformers Devastation Leaked

Takao

Banned
Pure Xbox:

0MPPwK5.jpg

Back in 2014, Activision released the so-so Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark for Xbox 360 and Xbox One and, since then, has been relatively quiet about the direction that the videogame versions of the franchise would be headed.

However, a source has revealed exclusively to Pure Xbox that the company is set to announce a cel-shaded brawler by the name of Transformers: Devastation at E3.

We've nabbed a handful of screenshots for you to check out but at the moment, all we know is that the game will definitely be coming to Xbox 360. We're going to assume that an Xbox One release is on the cards also, and have reason to believe that it'll launch this year, but outside of the images themselves, there's very little else to go on.

Tonnes of screens at the source. Looks hot.

Dunno if Xbox exclusive or if the PlayStation and PC versions aren't mentioned because it's an Xbox fansite.

What if this is Platinum's game? :O

UPDATE: Best Buy Canada has a listing up for the game:
hbN05dN.jpg

Overview
Face off against Megatron and battle it out with the Decepticons in Transformers Devestation. Equipped with fast action capabilities, this game allows for instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system. Five difficulty levels also deliver hours of intense gameplay.

More Information
  • Autobots face off against the Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of plasma energy to cyberform Earth
  • PlatinumGames signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system
  • Features 5 playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bubblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock
  • A deep customization system and 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition deliver hours of intense gameplay
  • Actors from the original TV series reprising their roles include Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bubblebee), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), and more

PS3/360/PS4/XB1

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
For crying out loud these leaks...

All those folks talking about how tight E3 news was two weeks ago jinxed the whole thing.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Looks fantastic! Harkens back to that Unicron Trilogy art style.

Tizoc

Would rather it isn't exclusive to one console/brand.
Cel shaded looks cool, and I really want them to add some of the characters from the comics too XO

GIMME DAT OVERLORD ACTI!
GIMME!
3gqVzYz.jpg

Sagroth

Jesus, leaks errywhere all of a sudden.

As for the game itself, it might have promise. Let me play as Grimlock and it'll have my interest.

Edit: why do people want this to be Platinum's game? They do best with their own franchises(well okay, Metal Gear Rising was good). Korra was..not great.

This had better not be an Xbox exclussive!

Looks incredible, and if it's the unannounced Platinum game I'll weep with joy!

I really hope they include as many characters as possible. Let me play as Grimlock, Swoop, Bludgeon and Overlord and I'll be there day one.

duckroll

If this is the Platinum game and it's MS exclusive I'm gonna fucking cry.

There's no indication that this is a MS exclusive. It's Activision, so it would probably be on every single platform there is. Obviously a site called "Pure Xbox" is not going to mention other platforms. :p

Tain

That... looks a bit like a Platinum game. As much as Korra did at least. And it's Activision.

I'll assume this is the unannounced Platinum game for now.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How was Legend of Korra? I reckon it will be that team doing this?

Fighting system was better than it had any right to be. Suffered as a whole from pretty drab level design.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well it looks really similar to korra and they are both cartoon games so i would say that's platinum game.

For some reason when i read the title for a second i thought of a 2.5d beat'em up :(

There's no indication that this is a MS exclusive. It's Activision, so it would probably be on every single platform there is. Obviously a site called "Pure Xbox" is not going to mention other platforms. :p
You're right. Thanks for calming my nerves a little.

Oregano

Poor Wii U not even considered a platform nowadays.

Top Bottom