• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
By the info I could gather, cemu 1.7.3 can run the game without Single Core Interpreter selected, therefore the fps is better.

On 1.7.3b, Single Core Interpreter must be enabled, else the game will crash after the "Open Your Eyes" + yellow light screen. Problem is, with this thing turned on, performance dies.

The work around for this should be pretty easy by playing the beginning on Wii U and dumping the save. Unless it crashes also later.

Necro900

The work around for this should be pretty easy by playing the beginning on Wii U and dumping the save. Unless it crashes also later.

I think we'll be better off waiting for 1.7.3c :p

Anyway, this is another 4K screen.

Can't help but notice the same weird fuzzy effect on the edges: was this ever explained? I think SM3DWorld has it too.

Is this some kind of WiiU effect that's useful at 720 but looks like crap when blown up to 4K?

jediyoshi

Can't help but notice the same weird fuzzy effect on the edges: was this ever explained? I think SM3DWorld has it too.

Is this some kind of WiiU effect that's useful at 720 but looks like crap when blown up to 4K?

Yes, it's their antialiasing.

It's a general ingame crash, just looks like an issue with the build.

Chakan

Tried this...didnt work.

Only managed to get past the "open your eyes" screen without single core interpreter enabled (maintaining the performance) using cemu 1.7.3 and the game on version 1.0.0.

1.7.3b is not good for botw. I guess there'll be a 1.7.3c being released very soon to fix this issue.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It's a general ingame crash, just looks like an issue with the build.

Tried this...didnt work.

Only managed to get past the "open your eyes" screen without single core interpreter enabled (maintaining the performance) using cemu 1.7.3 and the game on version 1.0.0.

1.7.3b is not good for botw. I guess there'll be a 1.7.3c being released very soon to fix this issue.

Ah, OK. Well then waiting for the 1.7.3c.

jediyoshi

3yV8gpO.jpg

Doesn't CEMU support disabling individual shaders? Then that should be rather easy to get rid of.

Yeah, I haven't seen anyone attempt it though. Most graphics mods I've seen have usually been about fixing bloom issues.

Arkanius

Yes. There's homebrew to extract your save game https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-saviine-wiiu-savedata-tool.399833/

Not quite. You could play around with the colors to lessen its effect, but it'd still be rendered on the screen and affecting the scene.

Needs WUD or the extracted game files.

That means I have to use a WUD dumper from the disc? The full 25GB?
Man... That sucks, it took so long to rip my Zelda disc to app format, but apparently, it's encrypted already this way.

Playing on the Switch right now, because i need to play NOW.

But, will be great with the emulator for when/if i want to replay the game. Great stuff.

jediyoshi

Man... That sucks, it took so long to rip my Zelda disc to app format, but apparently, it's encrypted already this way.

I'm not familiar with disc2app. Does your dump have 'code' 'meta' and 'content' folders to it? If so, these are the regular game files and you can have Cemu load the .rpx file in the 'code' folder.

Vuze

If a tik and tmd got dumped alongside the files you should be able to use cediars cdecrypt unless I'm mixing things up.

MUnited83

For you.
Two things:
Is it possible to apply a update to a already dumped version of a game. I'm thinking of dumping Zelda as soon as it arrives but if not I'll just wait.

Regarding the Dlc support, can somebody confirm the DLC tracks are now appearing in MK8?

Arkanius

If a tik and tmd got dumped alongside the files you should be able to use cediars cdecrypt unless I'm mixing things up.

I made an homebrew that combines wudump & wud2app by FIX94. So all the credits goes to him.

It dumps just the .app/-h3/.tmd/.cert/.tik files from the disc. It is much faster than full disc dump, because it only reads the necessary parts of the disc. (And reduce the chance to encounter bad sectors in case of scratched discs)

So yes it seems so.
CDecrypt will work then to get it into a CEMU readable state?

MUnited83

For you.
Can you force JP language with an EU or US version of Zelda via CEMU?
Or aren't all languages on the disc?
It's a good question. I know that the Switch version has several languages and you can use them by switching your system's language, but I'm not sure about the Wii U version.

koutoru

Can you force JP language with an EU or US version of Zelda via CEMU?
Or aren't all languages on the disc?

For the Switch version, all languages are tied to the system settings of the console.

For the Wii U version, it was not confirmed if all languages were on the disk or not.

jett

D-Member
It looks pretty crappy, is this really running with a functional 4K graphics pack?

I don't think it looks that great either. I guess BotW is what it is. Higher resolutions aren't going to fix low-res textures and barren landscapes, but I wonder if the shadow quality could be improved somehow.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't think it looks that great either. I guess BotW is what it is. Higher resolutions aren't going to fix low-res textures and barren landscapes, but I wonder if the shadow quality could be improved somehow.
If other games are any indication, better shadows, higher resolution DoF, maybe taking away the smudgy AA solution it has... In the end with a bunch of tweaks it can possibly look damn good.

sirap

BOTW's textures, lod and geometry complexity might not scale well to 4K, but getting rid of aliasing and double-buffered v-sync is good enough for me.

Arkanius

Do any of the Zelda improvements also improve the quality of other emulated games or is that N64 all over again?

From what I understood so far, it might have improvements in Xenoblade as well since they shared some obscure system calls.
But it seems Zelda is a beast of it's own

Burny

BOTW's textures, lod and geometry complexity might not scale well to 4K, but getting rid of aliasing and double-buffered v-sync is good enough for me.

Yeah, except for the pretty stylized character rendering, the game does not rely as heavily on stylized visuals as Wind Waker or Skyward Sword, so the system's limits become far more apparent. The thought of new Zelda about a decade from now, when Nintendo maybe has hardware similar to current PCs or the PS4 Pro at hand is quiet compelling, especially when watching Horizon.

Until then however, a sharp, high res image and hopefully a stable framerate would already do the game so much good. ^^ Edit: As would rendering the grass, because that's what actually makes the ground foliage halfway compelling in the game, while it hides the not so nice bare textures.

An open world game will always brutally show the weaknesses of a system. There is a reason why other WiiU games had often shoe box sized levels.
It also doesn't help that like half of the entire AAA video game industry are making open world games and Zelda can't look on par to something like Horizon from a technical point.

Skyzard

Banned
That was quick.

By the time I'm done with Zelda on WiiU...and maybe after some time has passed so I want to come back to it, this seems like it will definitely be ready with how the devs are being supported too.

Nice.

Necro900

Well, to be fair almost all of the grass patches are missing, so if anything it looks even more barren right now. 16x AF is already making things much better, as far as ground goes, though.

I have no doubt this will be a sight to behold when properly emulated.

Yes, it's their antialiasing.

Uh, so that's what it is! Thanks.

Whelp... Got DDD going on BotW, only about another 4 hours to go. At least I'll be ready when the time comes and the emu is at a good state with the game.

An open world game will always brutally show the weaknesses of a system. There is a reason why other WiiU games had often shoe box sized levels.
It also doesn't help that like half of the entire AAA video game industry are making open world games and Zelda can't look on par to something like Horizon from a technical point.

From a technical point and notably physics, Zelda is doing things beyond Horizon though. While it doesnt look as detailled, it certainly is a lot more interactive. Not only accounting the fact that artwise, it's also helping it a lot. I feel like this is the kind of game that will shine with CEMU, especially with IQ and shadow resolutions.

When Wii U emulation started getting attention, I just assumed it wouldn't be something I could run on my computer, but apparently the emulator runs well on a 970, 4670K? Was the Wii U really that far behind technically? What makes Wii U emulation farther along than say, 360 emulation (I know that PS3 has weird architecture problems)?

Top Bottom