• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

Coreda

I couldn't disagree more. The art style works extremely well with the clean IQ that is achieed by downsampling.

Absolutely. Made me appreciate the style quite a bit more than I was after being used to seeing it rendered at lower resolutions. Such a crisp image quality.

Dereck

jfcRbUK.gif

Cemu 1.7.3
dp21LOy.png
/ Cemu 1.7.4
5m2yDCI.png

jett

D-Member
Out of curiosity, does this Cemu Hook thing offer any drawbacks? What is it doing exactly that improves performance so?

LilJoka

Pretty much locked 30fps on a 7700k 4.8ghz (4.8ghz with AVX also).
GTX 970 1550/3800Mhz, 16GB 3000Mhz CL14 RAM, 17k size shader cache.
Running 5K and with the tweak in the ini gameProfiles\00050000101c9400.ini

[CPU]
emulateSinglePrecision = true

[Graphics]
disableGPUFence = true

Gives me 60fps (double speed) in shrines though.

Pretty much locked 30fps on a 7700k 4.8ghz (4.8ghz with AVX also).
GTX 970 1550/3800Mhz, 16GB 3000Mhz CL14 RAM, 17k size shader cache.
Running 5K and with the tweak in the ini gameProfiles0050000101c9400.ini

[CPU]
emulateSinglePrecision = true

[Graphics]
disableGPUFence = true

Gives me 60fps (double speed) in shrines though.

Would you be happy to play the game in its entirety as it stands?

dEvAnGeL

It would be great if someone could post a guide with everything needed to run BOTW at it's best, i surely will appreciate it for when i get to play the game

MUnited83

For you.
Out of curiosity, does this Cemu Hook thing offer any drawbacks? What is it doing exactly that improves performance so?
It breaks vsync, so it will run at a higher speed if it goes above 30fps. To fix this use RivaTuner to set a 30fps limit on CEMU.

Durante

That's great, I'll try it out later, I cant find an definitive answer as to whether you still need cemu hook for the cutscenes though, some are saying it's built in, any idea?

As far as I understand it (I haven't tried any of this myself yet), the speedhack built into the hook is now included (and can be enabled by an ini setting) but the hook is still required for video playback.

jediyoshi

That's great, I'll try it out later, I cant find an definitive answer as to whether you still need cemu hook for the cutscenes though, some are saying it's built in, any idea?

The speed hack is now built into Cemu, not a fix for the video cutscenes.

Would you be happy to play the game in its entirety as it stands?

Eventually you'll be wanting to save at a shrine, disable the hack, and reload into Cemu just so the game runs at normal speed.

As far as I understand it (I haven't tried any of this myself yet), the speedhack built into the hook is now included (and can be enabled by an ini setting) but the hook is still required for video playback.

The speed hack is now built into Cemu, not a fix for the video cutscenes.

Eventually you'll be wanting to save at a shrine, disable the hack, and reload into Cemu just so the game runs at normal speed.

Kinda what I thought, I'll have to try it all out.

Are the 1080p/4K graphics packs working on AMD cards? I get expected glitches, but also no resolution difference when activating the pack.

Mato

One more thing, the camera can sometimes freeze, so the player can move but the camera wont follow =/ Happens kind of frequently for me. Have to save and reload.

Had this happen twice to me. Don't want to play the game as it stands, it still feels like I'm fighting my way through bugs. It's like debugging a beta version of the game. It detracts from the fun and alters the atmosphere.

Well, BOTW is working pretty much flawless for me now with CEMU 1.7.4 . At least on par or very close to Switch performance. Except running 4k graphics pack. almost constant 30fps with some minor drops here and there.

i'm using transferable shader cache
using the tips from the reddit megathread.
i'm using MSI Afterburner and Rivaturner to limit the FPS to 30.
BOOM.
I've put in over 80 hours into the Switch version and playing it on CEMU is now my preferred way to play. Unless I hit some huge bugs, but nothing so far except rare graphical glitches and i just got off the Grand Plateau.

my rig:
I7 7700k
GTX 980
16GB RAM
Win 10

no overclocking.

I'm blown away how near perfect this is, exactly 1 month after release. Even the most optimistic people were saying it would take 6 or less months to reach this point.

jediyoshi

Amusingly, it seems like someone just now made a ppAA removal tweak while we were discussing this:
https://github.com/slashiee/cemu_graphic_packs/tree/master/Enhancement/BreathOfTheWild_AARemoval

Nice find, wonder if it works with SM3DW as well

How do we use this?

Make a new folder in the graphicPacks folder, name it anything. Make a text file named b650afd18c646005_00000000000003c9_ps_source.txt and put its content from the link in it. Ideally you have another breath of the wild graphic pack already, so copy its rules.txt and paste it in the new folder. Inside it, change the "name =" line to another name, then activate it in Cemu like any other graphic pack.

LilJoka

Nice find, wonder if it works with SM3DW as well

Make a new folder in the graphicPacks folder, name it anything. Make a text file named b650afd18c646005_00000000000003c9_ps_source.txt and put its content from the link in it. Ideally you have another breath of the wild graphic pack already, so copy its rules.txt and paste it in the new folder. Inside it, change the "name =" line to another name, then activate it in Cemu like any other graphic pack.

Thanks
I'm using the Enthusiast botw rules.txt already :)

Ritzboof

CEMU patreon is now over $30k/month. Amazing.

honestly surprised it didnt hit 30k sooner. i have to say, tho, i was skeptical of what good so much money could do, but at this point, if you told me they were gauging liquid food into their stomachs while they work on this 18 hours a day id believe you

nkarafo

Did they fix the RAM usage bug with the shaders?

It is impossible to load BOTW on 1.7.3 without resorting to a lot of slow virtual memory. And that's with 16GB RAM.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Wait wait wait.... There's a LOD/Grass density mod ???

No no theres not, I'm commenting on the first two photos how there being agressive LoD completely changes the look of places from a distance vs near.

And the 3rd shot is just vanilla game with a downsampling graphics pack showing how nice it looks.

It basically tops out at 16k shaders, thrn after the game runs it drops to like 6gb. Eitehr way its just the processing that would take some extra time if you run out of ram since itll hit the pagefile.

When it was compiling the first time it ate up all but 400 of my 16 gigs. The game itself runs fine but goes over 7gb.

I'm trying the 17k shaders, hopefully it'll be ok, 173 would hit 12GB ram on 6000 shaders.

Mirk

Anyone know why 1.7.4 looks the same as 1.7.3 for me? I still have no grass and link still sinks in the ground.

edit. ALSO its 2017 why the sam fuck do programs still start under the taskbar if you have it on the top!!

LilJoka

Very strange here, using the newest version of CEMU, using the gpufenceskip hack, have also enabled it in the ini file.

Using the 4k graphics pack, 19k shaders and I am running at GTX 980 1507/2000 and a 3970x OC'd at 4.6ghz 32gb ram and I am struggling to even maintain 25fps, every so often it will bump up to 30 but the start area it's going as low as 19 fps and the average fps is about 25-26.

Am I doing something wrong here? (new update for the game is installed as well.)

You have a sandy bridge CPU at the end of the day, so nothing wrong there, in fact its quite good. Kabylake is going to be probably 50% faster at this point.

Well I have to say I'm pretty impressed by the new update with the ini adjustment, 25-30 fps 5K res and shadows, only using 4-4.5 GB of ram now with 17K shaders, from what I've seen it's easily playable now.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm guessing many just starting now won't run into this for a WHILE, but theres some real bad artifacting all throughout lava areas.

cemu_2017_04_02_10_07_22_37_by_aloooo81-db4ezhd.jpg

And I thought this was cool, a weapon broke - I switched to a new one and kept attacking, so the broken weapon effect kinda looks like some weird photoshop post processing lol.

And this just looks raw.

cemu_2017_04_02_10_01_56_42_by_aloooo81-db4ezie.jpg

Top Bottom