• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

nkarafo

-Pikmin 3 runs PERFECT, I was in awe, until the point where I had to look at the koppad (or something like that) to pinpoint Mr. Poopalot, The map was showing on the screen but nothing else, so I was stuck.
Shadows in story mode work?

Shari

First patreon for me, feels totally worth. I dont remember an emulator developping so fast since... gba? Amazing.

PGamer

fucking juniors
Just noticed that the Patreon is at over $4000 now. Seems like it got a big boost after the graphic packs were announced. I wonder if they will be able to maintain that rate or if it will start to drop back down.

dsk1210

Just noticed that the Patreon is at over $4000 now. Seems like it got a big boost after the graphic packs were announced. I wonder if they will be able to maintain that rate or if it will start to drop back down.

Totally deserved, the strides they have taken in a year is phenomenal.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So I played quite a bit with CEMU yesterday.

Ran into the following issue.

-Pikmin 3 runs PERFECT, I was in awe, until the point where I had to look at the koppad (or something like that) to pinpoint Mr. Poopalot, The map was showing on the screen but nothing else, so I was stuck.

-Xenoblade X ran OK in 4K but I wasn't able to see much because I got stuck at the part where I had to enter my name.

-Mario Kart 8 runs multiplayer in 720p, even in 4K.

There's a turn around for my two first problems, I would just have to get my saves from the Wii U, but that's two finished game that I wanted to restart...so...yep. :/

Still, all that shit, especially Pikmin, in 4K was beautiful!

MK8 splitscreen will run at lower res for each buffer.

This works for 4 player and 2 player split screen.

Code:
[Definition]
titleIds = 000500001010ec00,0005000e1010ed00,0005000e1010eb00
name = "Mario Kart 8 - 2880p"

[TextureRedefine]
width = 1280
height = 720
formatsExcluded = 0x41A # exclude the intro background texture
overwriteWidth = 5120
overwriteHeight = 2880

##2 player
[TextureRedefine]
width = 640
height = 720
overwriteWidth = 1920
overwriteHeight = 2160

##4 player
[TextureRedefine]
width = 640
height = 360
overwriteWidth = 1920
overwriteHeight = 1080

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
Is there any trick to getting past the opening screen in Wind Waker HD in the latest 1.7.0b after the first screen it crash immediately on a black screen.

Is there any trick to getting past the opening screen in Wind Waker HD in the latest 1.7.0b after the first screen it crash immediately on a black screen.

If it still has the same issue as 1.6, start Wind Waker without any controller connected and only connect it after the game is running.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
If it still has the same issue as 1.6, start Wind Waker without any controller connected and only connect it after the game is running.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately that didn't do the trick. It might just be this new version, I was able to get further than this on 1.6.4b.

Is there anywhere on Paetron to download the 1.7 original release? All I can find is the b release and it seems to crash Wind Waker.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately that didn't do the trick. It might just be this new version, I was able to get further than this on 1.6.4b.

Is there anywhere on Paetron to download the 1.7 original release? All I can find is the b release and it seems to crash Wind Waker.

My friend is playing WW right now on the 1.7b release without issue. It has to be something else.

zewone

It blows my mind that there is a functional emuylator of a current gen console. Crazy times.

What made me curious was what is it about the Wii U that it was able to be emulated before the 360 or PS3?

Well, I know why with the PS3 (Cell), but 360 and Wii U are both using PowerPC I believe.

Yes I believe 1.7.0 should be publicly available on Tuesday.

Okay I'm looking forward to it! :D I wouldn't mind paying 5$ and supporting them but I can't afford it every month and 5$ for one release is a bit eh :/

Hmm what's your controller solution?

dsk1210

Unfortunately 1.7.0 and 1.7.0b don't boot in my windows 10, all other versions do which is quite annoying as I was dying to try 4k out.

I honestly think I might have to do a fresh install of windows as niggly things have been happening with my Vive recently as well.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
So I played quite a bit with CEMU yesterday.

Ran into the following issue.

-Xenoblade X ran OK in 4K but I wasn't able to see much because I got stuck at the part where I had to enter my name.

-Mario Kart 8 runs multiplayer in 720p, even in 4K.

There's a turn around for my two first problems, I would just have to get my saves from the Wii U, but that's two finished game that I wanted to restart...so...yep. :/

Still, all that shit, especially Pikmin, in 4K was beautiful!
Write your name in Xenoblade with the keyboard on your PC, just do it, it's dumb and it works.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
Okay I'm looking forward to it! :D I wouldn't mind paying 5$ and supporting them but I can't afford it every month and 5$ for one release is a bit eh :/

Hmm what's your controller solution?

Well what I'm doing is a bit weird... pixel c tablet with xbone controller over moonlight streaming. But even if I take that out of the equation ww still crashes.

Mory Dunz

1.7.0 Improvements Preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxY_gP3Zo7I

AFaM1U5.jpg

No, this is the reason that stutter has occurred since the beginning and on other emulators. The VRAM usage reduction is what it sounds like. The transferable shader cache in 1.7.0 is the solution.

dat 720
"you're the best looking guy here"

Flandy

Do you need to rip a disc to play your games or will my downloaded eshop games too? I got xenoblade chronicles via the eshop. Game looks terrible on the Wii U and could really benefit from better image quality.

Also is an i7 2600k at 4.3Ghz a good enough CPU? I could try to overclock it to 4.5Ghz but I don't really want to lol

A heads up. If you are playing XCX at 4k, it distorts the gamepad's ability to display your probes. Making picking probes for FrontierNav much more tricky. They are there, you just have to click around to find them.

Keys

Can you dump a save file from the Wii U and load it on the Cemu?
I think you need to use saviine but I not sure how does it work...

Danielsan

Going to test CEMU this weekend. After the abysmal Switch reveal I will get the Wii U version of Zelda. If I can then play it in 1080p and 60fps on my PC then who needs a Switch.

M_A_C

Going to test CEMU this weekend. After the abysmal Switch reveal I will get the Wii U version of Zelda. If I can then play it in 1080p and 60fps on my PC then who needs a Switch.

Lol, that would be amazing and by far the best version of the game.

What made me curious was what is it about the Wii U that it was able to be emulated before the 360 or PS3?

Well, I know why with the PS3 (Cell), but 360 and Wii U are both using PowerPC I believe.

?? There is already a working ps3 emulator, has been for quite a while.

Also, marketing terms aside, ps3 is also a power pc.
Do you need to rip a disc to play your games or will my downloaded eshop games too? I got xenoblade chronicles via the eshop. Game looks terrible on the Wii U and could really benefit from better image quality.

Yep, DDD dumps physical and eshop games.

Vuze

Framerate unlocking is actually an interesting point. Wonder when/if we'll see any. Unlocking YWW overworld would be nice and MH3U unlock is basically essential (3DS ver was unlocked so the engine shouldn't be the problem).

I think that's not a very useful statement.

It's like saying that Xeon Phi is a Xeon. Technically true, in actual development practice totally different.

Sorry, i over simplified. My point is, it's definitely unique, but it's not a complete unknown or even super exotic. It's why porting existing Linux kernels to it wasn't a massively difficult process, even if by official means some hardware access was restricted.

(Edit) to further expand on what I meant... Most of the cell "advantage" was pretty over blown and used to sell the idea of a $600 console. It was used much in the same way Sega used "blast processing". Certainly there were advantages to it, and it's not an off the shelf chip... But, it was still power pc based and therefore not as unknown or exotic as many people and especially Sony made it out to be.

MUnited83

For you.
yup, here's a direct capture from the screenshot function

AZ4NFKr.png
Niceeee.

I have a morbid curiosity if you could run the simpler games like NSMB U at like 10-20 FPS on GPD Win if you kick down the resolution low enough. I'm not expecting to get anything playable but just seeing a Wii U game booting up on a GPD Win would be amazing.

Vertti

How good is Captain Toad? Loving those screens, considering buying it.
I think it is a sleeper hit. It's charming as hell and have nice level variety. It also looks really nice already on Wii U. Some had trouble with the controls but I felt they worked fine.

Top Bottom