• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

petran79

Banned
Cemuhook supports those kind of cheats automatically on graphic packs now. Extremely simple to use. Basically if a file called "patches.txt" exists on the graphics pack folder, it will apply the memory modifications necessary inside of it. No fiddling around with Cheat Engine or memory searcher needed.

This change is welcome.
I wasnt able to use Cheat Engine for 21:9 aspect ratio. Depending on the game version it requires to put separate addresses manually. Am not that proficient. Cheat Engine crashed too

Nerrel

Is there any way to verify dumps from Wii U games yet? Both the Wii and 3DS dumping software had verification built-in, and Dolphin can reverify an iso anytime. I haven't found any way to do this for Wii U titles, which bugs me since I had to transfer a lot of titles using the online/batch file method. I've read that it wasn't even the up-to-date method, which sucks since it's still pinned on cemu's reddit page.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Cemuhook supports those kind of cheats automatically on graphic packs now. Extremely simple to use. Basically if a file called "patches.txt" exists on the graphics pack folder, it will apply the memory modifications necessary inside of it. No fiddling around with Cheat Engine or memory searcher needed.

Dude, that's fucking sweet. They really are doing a fantastic job on this emu and putting in the things we care about.

i'm trying to play BOTW but CEMU keeps crashing.

i have downloaded the shader cache and i got a warning saying my system was low on memory and asked if i wanted to close it. i have 16GB of DDR4 at 2666. ram usage was about 15GB.

when i load up BOTW the shader cache gets close to the very end and just crashes. i can't even get the game to start. i'm using cemu 1.9.0c. any tips?

I have 16GB too(8GBx2 under a CPU bottleneck of dual channel, 2666). I use a 12k Cache. After I get a new one when a new version CEMU comes out, it takes a shitton to load then it loads fast the forever after. Typically, what should happen is it should use most of your ram at first then the ram usage drops after a while. Usually my rig churns out about 6-8gb while streaming BOTW in 4k 30fps almost locked, output to 720p60fps

I hope this helps in some way. I had to fiddle with CEMU to get everything working the way I wanted it, for about 4+ hours.

also FWIW: My game crashes maybe once every one or two hours. It depends. It used to be every 30 mins. lol...... WIP.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Dude, that's fucking sweet. They really are doing a fantastic job on this emu and putting in the things we care about.

I have 16GB too(8GBx2 under a CPU bottleneck of dual channel, 2666). I use a 12k Cache. After I get a new one when a new version CEMU comes out, it takes a shitton to load then it loads fast the forever after. Typically, what should happen is it should use most of your ram at first then the ram usage drops after a while. Usually my rig churns out about 6-8gb while streaming BOTW in 4k 30fps almost locked, output to 720p60fps

I hope this helps in some way. I had to fiddle with CEMU to get everything working the way I wanted it, for about 4+ hours.

also FWIW: My game crashes maybe once every one or two hours. It depends. It used to be every 30 mins. lol...... WIP.

The game won't load at all with the 8K cache installed. I made sure to name it properly. It took forever to load them but when it gets near the end Cemu just crashes every time. should I try increase ram speed? I used to have it at 2933.

Without the cache the game loads up fine.

The game won't load at all with the 8K cache installed. I made sure to name it properly. It took forever to load them but when it gets near the end Cemu just crashes every time. should I try increase ram speed? I used to have it at 2933.

Without the cache the game loads up fine.

Just play without the cache. Maybe you downloaded the wrong version of the game cache.

Also, I've heard that it's better to create and load your own cache anyway.

jediyoshi

After I get a new one when a new version CEMU comes out, it takes a shitton to load then it loads fast the forever after.

Shader caches are forward compatible, you don't need to do anything when Cemu updates. Whenever Cemu or your video card drivers update, they recompile, that's the part that takes time.

Just play without the cache. Maybe you downloaded the wrong version of the game cache.

Right, looks like most caches that get shared are just bloated with multiple game versions' worth in them to get their "count" higher so they look more complete. You're just increasing the loading time (and probably decreasing stability) whenever they need to compile.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

i've tried it without the cache and the game constantly freezes and drops frames. not gonna bother with it if i cant get the shader working.

i've tried it without the cache and the game constantly freezes and drops frames. not gonna bother with it if i cant get the shader working.

That's your Cemu compiling new caches, it's the way it is at first.

But after it has completed compiling most caches, the game will run smoothly.

How long does that take tho?

A few seconds in most cases, depending on the caches. For example, when you run into the open world view at the first time, the game will be freezing for a while because Cemu is compiling them. Then you smack a bokoblin for the first time it'll freeze again for a second to compile the 'smack' cache. Then in another instance, you're pulling your fire arrow for the first time, and it freezes again to compile the effect. But after playing for a couple of hours or so it'll be mostly freeze-free in my experience. Of course it'll be compiling again when you reach a new zones with new buildings/enemies/etc.

jediyoshi

That's your Cemu compiling new caches, it's the way it is at first.

But after it has completed compiling most caches, the game will run smoothly.
A few seconds in most cases, depending on the caches. For example, when you run into the open world view at the first time, the game will be freezing for a while because Cemu is compiling them. Then you smack a bokoblin for the first time it'll freeze again for a second to compile the 'smack' cache. Then in another instance, you're pulling your fire arrow for the first time, and it freezes again to compile the effect. But after playing for a couple of hours or so it'll be mostly freeze-free in my experience. Of course it'll be compiling again when you reach a new zones with new buildings/enemies/etc.

This has been explained multiple times to this poster, I just don't think the concept is getting through :p

UrbanRats

This has been explained multiple times to this poster, I just don't think the concept is getting through :p

To me? My point was to say that if it takes a long time to build a cache, you may not want to spend X hours of your playthrough dealing with micro freezes, to each their own though.
Personally, the second package of cache i found seems to work just fine. :p

jediyoshi

To me? My point was to say that if it takes a long time to build a cache, you may not want to spend X hours of your playthrough dealing with micro freezes, to each their own though.
Personally, the second package of cache i found seems to work just fine. :p

My bad, I just meant the first quote lol

Funny enough, RPCS3's next big graphics end update includes a shader cache system. On booting a game, it displays a loading bar with the shader count

UucZmC7.png

and you'll have the similar 'stutter every time you run into something new' experience. More over, it's currently affected by the same Nvidia specific bug that Exzap's reported to Nvidia.

jediyoshi

Cemu 1.9.1 Patreon news out

Optional window for GamePad screen

1jwMWbc.jpg

The BOTW camera rune news was already shown, but WWHD picto pox is fixed as well

Other performance/audio/compatibility improvements

KniL

It doesn't really take a specific amount of time. The cache gets built into time, as long as you play the game.
There's no pre-cache system, if that's whay you're asking.

What? there is a pre-cache system. You can even download "transferables" ready caches that other users sharing. I will take long to compile the first time tho.

Cemu 1.9.1 out now for backers. Changelog highlights:
Camera rune in BotW working
Picto box in Wind Waker HD working
Screenshot save labels in BotW and Super Mario Maker working
Second window for GamePad screen
CoD Ghosts goes ingame (instead of softlocking at boot)
Trine 1 now booting (again? Might have worked in a previous release)
Fixed a crash in Pikmin 3 during the last boss fight
Less stutter due to texture loading (only really noticable on lower end CPUs)
Trine 2 no longer broken in recompiler mode
Some graphic bugs in DKC Tropical Freeze fixed
Fixed axes being mirroed/offset for some controllers
Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon multiplayer now working

Vuze

Okay, I'm out of the loop and just wasted an hour with this. How do I update my BOTW properly? I wiped the whole Cemu folder with the previous update and DLC and then used MapleSeed to download everything as I used to before. But I still can't select the voice stuff and see the Master Difficulty option so I guess it downloaded an old patch for whatever reason? (The update is in the correct location and everything, I verified that)

Does the tool still work properly?

Guess I'll just grab the stuff via FunKiiU and see if I can get it to work the manual way

Okay, I'm out of the loop and just wasted an hour with this. How do I update my BOTW properly? I wiped the whole Cemu folder with the previous update and DLC and then used MapleSeed to download everything as I used to before. But I still can't select the voice stuff and see the Master Difficulty option so I guess it downloaded an old patch for whatever reason?

Does the tool still work properly?
Silly question, but are you sure you pointed MapleSeed to the correct Cemu installation? I don't think I've updated to 1.3.1 yet, but for 1.3.0 I had no problems with downloading the update to the correct Cemu folder, and then when you boot up Zelda in Cemu you get the "Thanks for buying the DLC" prompt and new options for voice language, Master Mode, etc.

Vuze

Silly question, but are you sure you pointed MapleSeed to the correct Cemu installation? I don't think I've updated to 1.3.1 yet, but for 1.3.0 I had no problems with downloading the update to the correct Cemu folder, and then when you boot up Zelda in Cemu you get the "Thanks for buying the DLC" prompt and new options for voice language, Master Mode, etc.
Ha, I just added that I verified the update location and everything. I just picked the highest version in MapleSeed (v33) and it seems that's outdated, so yeah, for some reason it simply doesn't show the latest updates.

E: Yup, manual download did the trick, works fine now

E2: Updated the xbox prompt patcher to support 1.3.1 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233726557&postcount=2806

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Maple seed stopped working on BotW for me too. Not sure what the issue is but manual update was the only way that worked.

Just beaten BotW, took me 60 hours. I started playing when Cemu 1.9.0c was released and I've had no crash at all the whole playthrough. Okay, maybe 1 crash if I remember it correctly.

A few bugs I noticed:
- Sometimes the water turns milky white, have to restart
- Ground textures turn rainbow checkerboard after cutscenes, have to restart
- Motion control puzzles are the worst, not sure if it's related to Cemu
- My PC is struggling to hold 30 fps locked in towns/villages
(PC: i5 7600, gtx 1060, 16gb ram, using DS4)

Other than that, the game is perfectly playable from start to finish with mostly 30fps locked.

Akiller

Tried Bayonetta 2 .

Gameplay runs good @ 4K 60 fps but sometimes audio goes off and sometimes i get a black screen when i try to enter a Muspheleim or the gates of hell.

Ah, and audio during cutscene is not always synchronized.

UrbanRats

It seems like with 1.9.1, Zelda hover much closer to those 30 fps for me.
Still not really smooth by any means (it reminds me of SotC on PS2, lol) but it seems better than with 1.9.0c, even on my subpar hardware.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
trying this again.

never had any luck running BOTW on cemu but they released a new version so i'll give it one more shot. i really wanna play this game but for some reason it just doesn't run well on my PC.

TriAceJP

trying this again.

never had any luck running BOTW on cemu but they released a new version so i'll give it one more shot. i really wanna play this game but for some reason it just doesn't run well on my PC.

Specs? Enabling the GPU hack with Cemuhook?

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I posted them one page back.

i5 2500k at stock (though i can OC it back to 4.0)
8GB ram.
And i'm on Windows 7, assuming that makes a difference.

RAM gets filled up and stays that way all the way through, so i'm assuming that must be the main issue.
However other games i've tried also have significant drops, and don't fill the ram (Mario 3D worlds, DK Tropical Freeze).

Thought I'd chime in and 2nd your CPU being a bottleneck. As for 8gigs of ram? I have heard of it using 8 gigs just fine.

For reference: I was on a 2600k (spare rig for when I upgrade and am assed till the new hardware arrives) It tends to use a ton of ram then it drops off and then ram seems to free up.

Now, I don't really understand why it stays at capped ram (which can causes crashes in some instances) and why other times it doesn't, luckily, for me, it's only done that once.
It may have to do with shader cache or something IDK.

I was running the game between 20-30fps @2K, after getting a new cpu with a stock clock of 4.3 GHZ (might delid or wait for a better replacement with 8 cores before I seriously OC for the long term)
I am pretty much at 30fps in every aspect of the game, aside from Kakariko village, which is 25-30@4K, but mostly 30.

I personally think we're a ways off, but AFAIK BOTW is the best optimized game on Cemu that I have tried. Mario 3D world supposedly is 60 fps but Cemu is locked at 30? I heard using rivatuner or a similar program to uncap the fps will help that out.

Is that true FPS or just frame Interpolation?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Specs? Enabling the GPU hack with Cemuhook?

6700K, 16GB, 1070.

and yep. got the hook installed, capped with inspector, set affinity, customised nvidia control panel, tried both my own shader cache and one i downloaded.

with my own cache the game constantly stutters. with a shader cache it won't even load the game because it crashes all the time.

UrbanRats

Thought I'd chime in and 2nd your CPU being a bottleneck. As for 8gigs of ram? I have heard of it using 8 gigs just fine.

For reference: I was on a 2600k (spare rig for when I upgrade and am assed till the new hardware arrives) It tends to use a ton of ram then it drops off and then ram seems to free up.

Now, I don't really understand why it stays at capped ram (which can causes crashes in some instances) and why other times it doesn't, luckily, for me, it's only done that once.
It may have to do with shader cache or something IDK.

I was running the game between 20-30fps @2K, after getting a new cpu with a stock clock of 4.3 GHZ (might delid or wait for a better replacement with 8 cores before I seriously OC for the long term)
I am pretty much at 30fps in every aspect of the game, aside from Kakariko village, which is 25-30@4K, but mostly 30.

I personally think we're a ways off, but AFAIK BOTW is the best optimized game on Cemu that I have tried. Mario 3D world supposedly is 60 fps but Cemu is locked at 30? I heard using rivatuner or a similar program to uncap the fps will help that out.
Thanks.
When eventually i'll upgrade my PC, i'll try again i guess.
To upgrade CPU i have to upgrade MOBO, which will require DDR4 ram, which means upgrading that as well, which means i'll probably also have to upgrade my old ass PSU, too.
It's a lot of money for just one upgrade.

BOTW seems like the type of game that's gonna be just as fun in a couple of years, as it was this one anyway (it's not like it's on the bleeding edge of graphics or anything) so no rush.
Besides i did play about 10 hours on WiiU already, so i got my fill.

Top Bottom