• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Central Texas Community Thread of Heat, BBQ, Heat, Hail, Heat, and Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

01laugh.gif
01laugh.gif
01laugh.gif
Oh, you can tell Moto that the bf is still waiting for chicken nankotsu to appear on the menu.

:X :X :X

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I will be Fantastic Festing. Unfortunately dragged away from the south of France for it, at that. ;b

kidko

I will be Fantastic Festing. Unfortunately dragged away from the south of France for it, at that. ;b

Nice! First time? It's always a blast, this year should be no different except the unfortunate temporary location change to way-the-hell-up-north-Austin this year.

I'm moving into the complex across the street from the Lakeline Drafthouse. Unfortunately, not soon enough to take advantage of it for the fest.

Meier

Are you still planning on going? If you haven't seen the new Lakeline location, you should make the trek North. It's a godly theater.
Nah, I don't anticipate I will ever visit the Lakeline theatre unless we move north and even then, maybe not. It's REALLY north.

We live at Ben White and South Lamar so even Slaughter is a bit of a hike (something like 7-8 miles) but it's a quick drive (10 mins) typically due to our proximity to highways.

kai3345

Banned
Weird. Did you just recognize him when he opened the door?

I didn't deliver it to his house lol

I work at the Alamo Drafthouse they're holding Fantastic Fest in and delivered EL's pizza to his table.

Fun fact I also delivered a glass of water to Keanu muhfuggin Reeves, and said "Shit, my bad I didn't see you dude" after bumping into Elijah Wood.

Servbot24

Banned
Just moved to my new apartment! Couple blocks north of UT. I'll keep an eye out for any GAF events coming up. :)

Btw, anyone know of a drawing of game design group here?

Anyone doing ACL? I didn't because I don't have the money or extra time off, but I at least got to chill downtown today. I went to Pinballz for the first time too! :D

Servbot24

Banned
Enjoyed FFF last year (hard to beat seeing M83, Lykke Li and Spoon all in a row), but I'm not too interested in this year. Only really care to see Thee Oh Sees and Chromatics.

kidko

Enjoyed FFF last year (hard to beat seeing M83, Lykke Li and Spoon all in a row), but I'm not too interested in this year. Only really care to see Thee Oh Sees and Chromatics.

I was there for that one too, but it was 2011... damnit, time

Zoe

Never been to ACL, don't ever plan to. I'm at The Dojo instead :p

I'll probably try to do day stuff at the next SxSW though if the train isn't too bad.

kidko

It's obviously not for everyone... but I really enjoy it. I like parking in my spot downtown and biking over to Zilker. It's a fun experience on a nice day, seeing the city transformed into a giant party, hearing all kinds of music blasting from the various stages as you bike along the wooded paths to the gates.

There's these great moments as you walk to the big stage with the Austin skyline behind it and a huge crowd of smiling drunk faces where I just think "my people!"

Ack damn, I gotta go next year.

It's obviously not for everyone... but I really enjoy it. I like parking in my spot downtown and biking over to Zilker. It's a fun experience on a nice day, seeing the city transformed into a giant party, hearing all kinds of music blasting from the various stages as you bike along the wooded paths to the gates.

There's these great moments as you walk to the big stage with the Austin skyline behind it and a huge crowd of smiling drunk faces where I just think "my people!"

Ack damn, I gotta go next year.
I was visiting family and friends on Barton Springs Rd., and oh my lord. The beautiful girls walking by, so many beautiful girls walking by.

Never been to ACL, don't ever plan to. I'm at The Dojo instead :p

I'll probably try to do day stuff at the next SxSW though if the train isn't too bad.
I thought I spotted your bf not long ago. :p

Stay tuned, we've got some exciting things in our future.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
So 6 inches of rain and Lake Travis is still something like 33% full. We're fucked.

Guys and gals, toying with an idea:

How comfortable would you be if I threw a bar be Que shindig at my.place and we have some drinks, games and music going? Say two or three weeks out? I know it's a funny question to ask a bunch if strangers to come to a house where my wife and child live but I have faith we can have s good time.

If you're up for it, let me know.
I'll come with my wife, fuck it why not, she loves games too, skyrim and zelda at least haha

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I would be down for a "go to someone's house and drink their beer" gig.

It's just like Final Fantasy. You should put beer bottles in treasure chests and scatter them throughout your house.

kai3345

Banned
Guys and gals, toying with an idea:

How comfortable would you be if I threw a bar be Que shindig at my.place and we have some drinks, games and music going? Say two or three weeks out? I know it's a funny question to ask a bunch if strangers to come to a house where my wife and child live but I have faith we can have s good time.

If you're up for it, let me know

Buddy, we have been for a while. :(

shit id be down. as a broke college student living off of fast food, BBQ sounds gourmet

Everyone really does live north, lmao.

I'll try to make the next Pinballz meeting. Now that I'm working lunches I may be able to slip away at night, wtf knows. All I knows is I'mma hold down the SSF4 table. >=D

Well, my wife and I are finally moved into our new apt. About 200ft from the new Lakeline Drafthouse. :)

Rained on us the whole damned move though.

Anyway. Now that things are returning to normal, I will look into setting up a SHMUP meet at the Lamar Game Over. Possibly something for late November.

jdavid459

Might be looking into Austin as a place to move once I graduate. What are some good companies located nearby? What industries are big? Assume technology is big due to SXSS being held there?

Zoe

There are tons of companies. It's hard to narrow it down without knowing what you're interested in.

However, while there have been more technology companies expanding here, the positions are more of the support and marketing variety.

I checked my schedule for November and the 24th (the Sunday before Thanksgiving) is clear for me. I am going to send David an email and see if we can set up a SHMUPs (Thanksgaming) meet up.

Who's with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom