• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Centro Leak] New Switch hardware related listing will go live June 4th

cormack12

Gold Member
Maybe a new bundle or new joycons, doubt it's a new SKU?

OpMhC0.jpg

p7c15i.jpg

GuinGuin

Banned
Gort demmit, and that crap is especially hard to snag in Tokyo--what with the hardware lotteries and all. I'll just have to hope I get lucky with Amazon.

Online sites are the ones targeted by scalpers the most. Write a letter to Nintendo, that's what I plan to do. Failing that maybe Santa will have a surprise for me. 😏

KungFucius

King Snowflake
You working from home isn't going to prevent scalpers with bots from buying all the inventory...
Scalpers are not buying all the inventory. Bots have become far less effective yet things are still selling out. That is because demand is much higher than supply and people are hammering sites during every drop. If new HW is released there will be 10x more people trying to get it into carts than are able to cart it and 10x more people with it in their cart than are able to actually buy it. Bots will nab some, but a lot of those orders will be cancelled by the retailer.

Sold my Switch a while ago in anticipation of better hardware being released. Hoping this isn't just some new accessory...

GuinGuin

Banned
Scalpers are not buying all the inventory. Bots have become far less effective yet things are still selling out. That is because demand is much higher than supply and people are hammering sites during every drop. If new HW is released there will be 10x more people trying to get it into carts than are able to cart it and 10x more people with it in their cart than are able to actually buy it. Bots will nab some, but a lot of those orders will be cancelled by the retailer.

I dunno, man. If anything it will only be worse for the New Switch + as they are organized now.

T-Cake

Hopefully if all the scalpers go after this new Nintendo device, it'll free up the PS5 and Xbox Series X stock. :p

GuinGuin

Banned
Hopefully if all the scalpers go after this new Nintendo device, it'll free up the PS5 and Xbox Series X stock. :p

It might? They will target the product with the biggest margins. If Switch Plus goes for $1000 or more I could see it happening.

Birdo

Banned
Just days away now, and not a single photo of a Chinese factory worker holding the shell of one.

I'm disappointed :messenger_pensive:

Marvel14

Banned
So people do this for the attention, for the satisfaction of the gotcha or what? Qanon is what happens when spreading bs starts to screw with the health of a society. These folks are in the same company....but playing in the little leagues. A nice look.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
So people do this for the attention, for the satisfaction of the gotcha or what? Qanon is what happens when spreading bs starts to screw with the health of a society. These folks are in the same company....but playing in the little leagues. A nice look.
I think a tiny minority probably do have real leaks from real sources, and the rest are just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks. It's a bit like wall street analysts making millions of predictions about everything, they only have to be right once for people to say "woaaaaahhhhhh" and they sweep everything else under the carpet.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Top Bottom