• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 4 |OT| "We were in a nickel. But with injuries, we didn’t have a dime."

ryseing

A brief programming note. This is our last week in regular Off Topic. After this week, we will be moving to Community. Thanks to our generous mods for allowing us to be on this side for the first few weeks, and we hope any new regulars stay with us after the move. We'll be back on this side come Playoff time.

Thanks to Butch Jones and Pattycakes for the OT title.

DNybgOG.png

AP Poll said:
1) Alabama (45)
2) Clemson(15)
3) Oklahoma(1)
4) {Redacted}
5) USC
6) Oklahoma State
7) Washington
8) Michigan
9) Wisconsin
10) Ohio State
11) Georgia
12) Florida State
13) Virginia Tech
14) Miami
15) Auburn
16) TCU
17) Mississippi State
18) Washington State
19) Louisville
20) Florida
21) South Florida
22) San Diego State
23) Utah
24) Oregon
25) LSU

Coaches Poll said:
1) Alabama(59)
2) Clemson(6)
3) Oklahoma
4) {Redacted}
5) USC
6) Washington
7) Oklahoma State
8) Michigan
9) Ohio State
10) Wisconsin
11) Florida State
12) Georgia
13) Virginia Tech
14) Miami
15) TCU
16) Auburn
17) South Florida
18) Washington State
19) Mississippi State
20) Louisville
21) Utah
22) Florida
23) LSU
24) Oregon
25) San Diego State

Week 4 Notable Games (All times in EST and all rankings AP)

Texas A&M vs. Arkansas in Jerry World, 12:00- The Hot Seat bowl. Two coaches enter, and it's likely neither will have a job in three months.

NC State @ #12 Florida State, 12:00- My alma mater plays FSU in the first game for the Noles in three weeks. Their freshman QB better be ready for State's fierce D-line.

3:30 EST

So, I may have said in the last thread week 4 was looking like garbage. The 3:30 slot begs to differ.

#1 Bama @ Vandy- The 'Dores are 3-0 and just beat a ranked team at home for the first time since 1946. While it's unlikely they'll repeat that feat this week, their defense is GOOD. They're going to give Bama some issues.

#5 USC @ Cal- Cal is also 3-0, and they also have a defense! Meanwhile, USC has looked vulnerable. The fighting Cyans have a chance.

#16 TCU @ #6 Oklahoma State

#8 Michigan @ Purdue, 4:00- Jeff Brohm has Purdue looking frisky. Return of the Spoilermakers?

#17 Mississippi State @ #11 Georgia, 7:00
#20 Florida @ Kentucky, 7:30

#PAC12AFTERDARK

#7 Washington @ Colorado, 10:00
#24 Oregon @ Arizona State, 10:00
Hawai'i @ Wyoming (still counts), 10:15
UCLA @ Stanford, 10:30

Pick'em Stuff:
Pick 'em stuff

Last week's results:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ktcDh10qYDKNKvo6EVEPvay-TXnmJ7lD7CZAGd6FloI/edit?usp=sharing

Score to date, dropping the 2 lowest:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14oB6wMtBN3TgAWnUzysoWqpmSlLGVY5XhU5MAluLv-U/edit?usp=sharing

Week 4 games:
NCST@FSU
TTU@HOU
TAMU@ARK
USC@CAL
TCU@OKST
RUT@NEB
DUKE@UNC
M-OH@CMU
MSST@UGA
SDSU@AFA
PSU@IOWA
WASH@COLO

Link to form: https://goo.gl/forms/42Iy8weoaGr7szf83

CFB-GAF's very own podcast- The Decided Schematic Advantage

Subscribe here in iTunes or search for The Decided Schematic Advantage in your podcast app of choice. Send questions and comments to podcast@the-cog.com. I'll post details of the new episode later this week.

HeySeuss

I'd just like to say how cool it was in the horseshoe against Army. From the paratroopers landing on the 50 yard line, to the Apache helicopters flying overhead, to the team coin flip where the entire teams of each side went and met on the field.

After the game OSU stood at the 50 yard line and paid respect while Army sang their song to their band, and then went with the OSU players to the student section and sang Carmen Ohio together. Fucking chills seeing that in person. Absolute respect and sportsmanship. Was really cool to see.

It's early, but as an Alabama fan Clemson looks like the best team in the country and honestly should probably be number one in the polls. Not that it really matters yet.

I'm excited about the Vanderbilt game for the first time in years. Of course I hope Alabama blanks them but after that I hope they win the East.

I'd just like to say how cool it was in the horseshoe against Army. From the paratroopers landing on the 50 yard line, to the Apache helicopters flying overhead, to the team coin flip where the entire teams of each side went and met on the field.

After the game OSU stood at the 50 yard line and paid respect while Army sang their song to their band, and then went with the OSU players to the student section and sang Carmen Ohio together. Fucking chills seeing that in person. Absolute respect and sportsmanship. Was really cool to see.

Was really really cool, when I saw them bring out the wind thing at the 50 I knew they were parachuting in and was pumped, but the Apaches flying over and super super low was cool as hell

HeySeuss

Was really really cool, when I saw them bring out the wind thing at the 50 I knew they were parachuting in and was pumped, but the Apaches flying over and super super low was cool as hell

I figured we'd get a flyover but not with the Apaches like that. I was in 9a and they went directly over me and my son's heads. Was pretty sweet.

Top Bottom