• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chandelure enters the Pokken tournament

Azuran

Banned
Remember way back when we thought that this game would only have fighting types or strictly humanoid pokemon?

Thank god that never happened. I want to see weird but interesting choices that breathe fire and shoot lasers instead of boring one-dimensional Pokemon like Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee.

Hawlucha was robbed

I had an observation about Chandelure's addition.

Chandelure would be the first limbless character in this game. Every other character is human shaped(aside from Suicune), but Chandelure is unique in that it's a floating object, which makes it a completely different style character, as least in my opinion.

All right. I now appreciate this addition more.

Remember way back when we thought that this game would only have fighting types or strictly humanoid pokemon?

Ah, I see I wasn't the only one to think of this. A good observation, nonetheless.

Yo this is fucking awesome! I had considered Chandelure but honestly didn't think he'd get in so this is seriously a suprise for me, a great suprise though.

blamite

Awesome! :D

Definitely one of the bet Gen 5 Pokemon, and unlike a lot of people apparantly, I thought that was generally a pretty great generation.

Zyrox

Gotta admit, though. Chandelure was a solid left-field pick & I can't wait to give it a try. It's a shame that this game is coming out on the Wii U so close to the NX Platform. It would have been nice to have continuous DLC. I guess there's always Pokkén Tournament 2.
I get it, the ride hasn't even ended, yet. But this is just me looking to the future.
I'm also a bit sad that the way they handled Local Multiplayer limits the potential for competitive play.

Well, they can always port Pokkén up to NX. It's release timing is kind of unfortunate, releasing on the Wii U's deathbed basically, especially with it being a multiplayer focused title. Hope it does well though, against the odds.

I'm sorry I meaning trying to keep my cool but

FUCK FHE GEN 5 AND OBJECT-BASED DESIGN HATERS

YES

YES

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

ONE OF MY FAVORITE POKEMON DID IT FUCK YALL IM BLASTING OFF INTO SPACE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

hoo boy

tumblr_n69dpuTizV1scncwdo1_500.gif

We wait....

Sterok

YEEEEEES! My absolute favorite gen V Pokemon, and something I thought had zero chance of getting in. Now I have no choice buy to buy this game.

Daemul

NFEs other than Pikachu will never be playable they said.
Pokemon with no limbs will never be playable they said.
Background Pokemon will never be playable they said.

I'm fucking crying with laughter right now. So many people got BTFO'd this week.

Zyrox

NFEs other than Pikachu will never be playable they said.
Pokemon with no limbs will never be playable they said.
Background Pokemon will never be playable they said.

I'm fucking crying with laughter right now. So many people got BTFO'd this week.

It's Smash Bros. all over again. We even already have complaints about too many Fire Emblem characters.

CazTGG

Going to love seeing how unbalanced this Ghost-Type Pokémon is in a fighting game.

"Take this! Mach Punch!"
It doesn't affect Chandelure...
"Oh yeah, how about this! Close Combat!"
"Fine, let's see how you stand up to everything i've got! Mega Lucario Close Combat!"
"...You win this round, you living...dead...decoration thing."

I actually quite like Chandelure.

Mr-Joker

Banned
You know now that I know that Gen 5 and 6 Pokémon actually have a chance of being a fighter, I am now excited for next fighter to be shown off. Heck I am already expecting Greninja to be in with his burst attack being his new form.

Now who do I have to talk to get this guy in?

Well, there's a 5th gen Pokemon, at least. Wish it was Cofagrigus, though.

There's always hope, I refuse to believe that the final roster will have only 1 gen 5 Pokémon.

There's always hope, I refuse to believe that the final roster will have only 1 gen 5 Pokémon.

To be fair, gen 2 and 6 fans are in the same boat. :p gen 4 benefits from Lucario having so much popularity and having so many evolutions of older Pokémon and gen 3 benefits from having just had a remake.

Vena

Well, this gif sure was topical for today in a lot of ways. Wasn't expecting that at all...

...Might even call it a surprise.

sEeNpUp.gif

xzeldax3

Wow, I'm shocked but happy because that was one of my favorite of gen V.

This proves that no Pokemon will be excluded just because they are limbless.

SalvaPot

OH FUCK YES!

My two favorite ghost Pokemon are in! I love Chandelure but never expected him to be in, since ghost and fire are already well represented.

Top Bottom