• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| We Need To Go Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toppot

What is the advantage of a PS3 slim v1? Is it just the look of it?

With the new one there is a tiny bit of noise from the disc spin, you have to manually close the lid when you put a disc in, and if you want to change the hard drive you need to buy a mounting bracket. Nothing major, mainly the look is the 'problem*'

*according to Gaf

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The new slim has a top loading disc drive I think, that might be an issue. It does look good though, I just had my phat replaced by Sony with a slim v1 and it's crazy how much smaller it is. Really like it.

MicH

Amazon has pricematched GAME:

3DS XL White + Mario Kart 7 pre-installed £169.99 @ Amazon UK

Register it at Club Nintendo before January 15th and get a FREE game to download (Super Mario 3D Land included)

Danj

Register it at Club Nintendo before January 15th and get a FREE game to download (Super Mario 3D Land included)

I don't get why they're making us wait for January 15th for the free game. I mean, aren't there a bunch of kids on Christmas who are gonna unwrap one of these things and register it and they are gonna be like "yay free game!" but then Nintendo is like "NO U CANT HAZ".

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I don't get why they're making us wait for January 15th for the free game. I mean, aren't there a bunch of kids on Christmas who are gonna unwrap one of these things and register it and they are gonna be like "yay free game!" but then Nintendo is like "NO U CANT HAZ".
Funny thing is they send out the codes straight away.

I have a code in my inbox from 30th November, yet I can't use it until 1st January. Why even send out the code?

MicH

Yeah, it is a really weird decision, especially sending out the codes so early. It seems pointless. But I can't really complain about a promotion like this :D

tsab

With the new one there is a tiny bit of noise from the disc spin, you have to manually close the lid when you put a disc in, and if you want to change the hard drive you need to buy a mounting bracket. Nothing major, mainly the look is the 'problem*'

*according to Gaf

I guess the top lid could make noise while the device vibrates. I don't know if the increased noise compared to slim v1 is disc noise or fan noise.

You can download the game from the 1st not 15th. 15th is the last day you can register for it.

But yer i agree, i don't know why they are making us wait (probably to make you buy a new game while your waiting to offset the cost a bit)

tsab

That's the thing. They don't want to give you the free game on xmas. They are hoping you (not you personally, the customer) go out and buy/pay for the game.

FryHole

Arrrrgh 3ds xl with Mario Kart & 3D Land for 170 beans, how am I supposed to maintain my 'not without a western release of Bravely Default, I won't' boycott with that kind of pricing?

You can download the game from the 1st not 15th. 15th is the last day you can register for it.

But yer i agree, i don't know why they are making us wait (probably to make you buy a new game while your waiting to offset the cost a bit)

I imagine it's to prevent new 3DS owners simply downloading their freebie game and playing that instead of buying a new game once they are done/bored of the one that came in their bundle. Or people exploiting the deal, buying multiple 3DS XL models and selling the freebie game code off on ebay

Any ideas on the cheapest for Spec ops the line for PC, for is it a case of waiting for the steal sales again?

If you happen to be Dutch or Belgian, Bart Smit are now selling it for 19 euros. (offer valid until Dec 24).
They are also selling the PS3/360 versions for that price, btw.

And GameSeek sells it for 17 euros through PlayTrade.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
hey guys whats the cheapest price for Deus Ex : Human Revolution for PC (prefer download please )

-GJ-

Play-Asia is selling the Korean (region free) version of Hitman: Absolution for the Xbox 360 for just €15,18. Not really a European deal, but cheap nonetheless!

Click me!

Loach

Neo Member
In case anyone missed it, The Unfinished Swan & Journey bundle – Was £19.98/€25.98, now £9.99/€12.99 (50% off) on PSN. Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£8.99/€11.69). Offer expires 11.59pm on 20th December.

dc89

gDw70.jpg

Sainsburys. Not much but it's something I guess.

Violet_0

Banned
what's the best place to order Borderlands 2 (360) from with continental shipping? Zavvy has it for 32 EUR, but I'd like to get it cheaper if possible

MGR Revengeance Limited Edition (Zavvi exclusive) is up for preorder: PS3 / 360.

£99.99 lol, for the game, a White Raiden action figure and some DLC.

This time it's only Zavvi UK exclusive, not world exclusive like the MGS HD collection LE.

Don't buy before it's dropped to £35?

Image of the action figure:

gogogow

amazon.de has the digital Darksiders 2 for 15,97€: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00APW0EBS/

Amazon UK has the Limited edition including some DLC for around 1 euro more. (physical copy though in case you were looking for digital)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007HLMFIU/

(has been this price since Octobre actually iirc)

From the Amazon.com sales thread, this Thursday and Friday:

Heads up: This Thursday and Friday, Darksiders + Darksiders II + All DS II DLC for $13.19.

Tony strikes again.

In case anyone missed it, The Unfinished Swan & Journey bundle – Was £19.98/€25.98, now £9.99/€12.99 (50% off) on PSN. Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£8.99/€11.69). Offer expires 11.59pm on 20th December.

Cheers for the heads up on this, I was after Journey so packaging it with The Unfinished Swan is a bonus!

Stubo

Not a UK centric deal, but...

HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE 7 IS OUT

Steam keys for the following if you pay over $1 (be generous guys, it's for charity)
The Binding of Isaac (and its DLC, Wrath of the Lamb)
Closure
Shank 2
Snapshot
Indie Game: The Movie!

Beat the average for:
Dungeon Defenders (and its DLC)
Legend of Grimrock!

Lots of quality content for a low price, go forth bargain hunters!

Edit: GAF Humble Bundle 7 Thread

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I have Isaac and WotL, and Shank 2 too I think (if it was in a previous bundle) so I'm actually thinking of giving this a miss. Will see what the bonus games end up being.

Danj

Not a UK centric deal, but...

HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE 7 IS OUT

Steam keys for the following if you pay over $1 (be generous guys, it's for charity)
The Binding of Isaac (and its DLC, Wrath of the Lamb)
Closure
Shank 2
Snapshot
Indie Game: The Movie!

Beat the average for:
Dungeon Defenders (and its DLC)
Legend of Grimrock!

Lots of quality content for a low price, go forth bargain hunters!

Edit: GAF Humble Bundle 7 Thread

Boy did they ever pick the wrong time to release a bundle. Don't they know the Steam Winter Sale is less than 12 hours away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom