• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| We Need To Go Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't suppose anyone knows of outlets that are still doing new PS2 slims?

Used eBay prices aren't too bad but even with older hardware like to get it as new as possible, and amazon prices are past £150 for a new one.

oldmario

Oh man...buying games day one is really for the crazy ones these days. I've never ever seen such fast price drops in my gaming history (>20yrs). ^^

It's the GAME christmas sale thing, the game will probably rise back upto £40 in a couple days

Footos22

Fuck, I've got the sealed Zavvi copy at home,but I think I've thrown the receipt out. I'm guessing there's no way of returning something without the receipt?

you wont need a receipt as it will be on your zavvi account....unless its over 14 days then you have no hope

Dabanton

It was inevitable prices would drop across the board.

Happens every year in the UK around this time. They may drop even further if you go in store. Especially on Christmas eve.

I may pull the trigger on Dishonoured.

you wont need a receipt as it will be on your zavvi account....unless its over 14 days then you have no hope

Sent them a message, and have to post it tomorrow at latest, since it was dispatched on the 7th. Or is it order date?

Still waiting for Dark Souls, 15 days after dispatch date. Ended up sending a message about that as well

Sent them a message, and have to post it tomorrow at latest, since it was dispatched on the 7th. Or is it order date?

Still waiting for Dark Souls, 15 days after dispatch date. Ended up sending a message about that as well

I wonder if they will ever send me my Dark Souls: PtD PC copy. Ordered November 18th (estimated dispatch date was and still is November 27th), still awaiting stock pick. :(

To who Zavvi?

They really don't give a fuck. Such patchy service.

Yeah. Was a joke trying to message them, ended up doing it through the 'Couldn't find the answer' link

It gives you a list of topics, the you click the link to contact them and it takes you to a Log in page, which then takes you to the homepage, and you start all over again

Only 15 days? I started receiving my orders(placed on nov20 so exactly 1 month) this week. The one time they're really fast with shipping is when you pre-order stuff.

To contact them, you just go to your orders in your account, there is an Action button, you can message them from there.

Only 15 days? I started receiving my orders(placed on nov20 so exactly 1 month) this week. The one time they're really fast with shipping is when you pre-order stuff.

To contact them, you just go to your orders in your account, there is an Action button, you can message them from there.

I know I'll forget about it if I leave it, and end up going past the 40 day theshold :p

jimi_dini

To who Zavvi?

They really don't give a fuck. Such patchy service.

Yeah, they don't give a fuck. They just sent me another Jurassic Park LE a few weeks ago. And the original order even showed up 2 weeks later as well.

It gives you a list of topics, the you click the link to contact them and it takes you to a Log in page, which then takes you to the homepage, and you start all over again

Normally you login to your account. Then click on "create new message", you then select the order or "no order" for non-order related questions. You then choose "Where's my order", then "Not found the answer you're looking for?" and there you go. That's 4 clicks in total.

Yeah, they don't give a fuck. They just sent me another Jurassic Park LE a few weeks ago. And the original order even showed up 2 weeks later as well.

Normally you login to your account. Then click on "create new message", you then select the order or "no order" for non-order related questions. You then choose "Where's my order", then "Not found the answer you're looking for?" and there you go. That's 4 clicks in total.

Why do they hide it behind the 'Not found the answer' link though? I found the answers I wanted, but still needed to contact them :p

jimi_dini

Why do they hide it behind the 'Not found the answer' link though? I found the answers I wanted, but still needed to contact them :p

eBay "hides" it behind "Select a topic: other" -> "continue". I would say that's even worse. And eBay doesn't reply in that case. eBay just sends a message to the seller and that's it.

Why they don't give you a textbox immediately in their case makes sense. Otherwise all sorts of people would contact their customer service why their order didn't show up within 7 days not knowing that they ship from outside EU and also not knowing that people from Europe are supposed to wait 30 days in total. Otherwise their customer service would get flooded with such mails (and I bet they are still flooded with those), which means customers with actual problems will have to wait longer for a reply.

And at least you get an actual human all the time. Not unlike amazon, where I get automated fixed text replies all the time and they even ignore parts of your message. And that happens at least till the third or fourth message, where I get pissy and some automated program stops answering and sends the message to an actual human.

[* not that that is ever a problem in this thread TROLLOLOLOLOL!!1!!] but can a fellow UK GAFer who has Batman Arkham City Armoured Edition [Wii U] confirm whether it comes with a Nintendo points slip or not please?

I expect not but I would like to know for sure given I got it at Game and I don't entirely trust them, what with their un-foil sealing, selling pre-owned games as new ways!

The frightfully nice GAFer that is able to confirm this, whether yay or nay, gets a special Chrimbo kiss internet cookie! :)

got my copy of far cry 3. very pleased.

as an aside, they mentioned the sale was on until christmas eve, so if anyone wants it you have until then.

For ITA-GAF:

Gamestop is selling PSVita+PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale OR LittleBigPlanet Vita at 189.98€ shipping fees included.

duOrqm.jpg

It doesn't say for how long it will last or if it is online only.

Hobohodo

[* not that that is ever a problem in this thread TROLLOLOLOLOL!!1!!] but can a fellow UK GAFer who has Batman Arkham City Armoured Edition [Wii U] confirm whether it comes with a Nintendo points slip or not please?

I expect not but I would like to know for sure given I got it at Game and I don't entirely trust them, what with their un-foil sealing, selling pre-owned games as new ways!

The frightfully nice GAFer that is able to confirm this, whether yay or nay, gets a special Chrimbo kiss internet cookie! :)

Work at GAME, when I served a guy a gutted copy the other day it had no slip either. I can't imagine any of the guys would have whipped out the slip so I'd imagine it comes without.

Arnie

Definitely jumping on that Far Cry deal tomorrow when I take a quick trip to town. I'll trade Hitman for £18 and get it for less than a fiver. Fuck Hitman, I haven't even finished it but I've got no desire to. Shit game.

Batman isn't a Nintendo game is it, why would it have a slip?

Definitely jumping on that Far Cry deal tomorrow when I take a quick trip to town. I'll trade Hitman for £18 and get it for less than a fiver. Fuck Hitman, I haven't even finished it but I've got no desire to. Shit game.

I'd get it online, might not be in-store tomorrow because it was a Daily Deal. Have the other ones been kept on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom