• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Lol I'm one of the Amazon.de prime suckers that ordered the P5 premium edition as soon as it went up and now not only doesn't get release day shipping, no, the game will be sent on the 5th, and no one can do anything about that (asked in chat already).
I don't get this service sometimes.

Zafir

Lol I'm one of the Amazon.de prime suckers that ordered the P5 premium edition as soon as it went up and now not only doesn't get release day shipping, no, the game will be sent on the 5th, and no one can do anything about that (asked in chat already).

That happened with the Tales of Zestiria CE from .de

Well, I say that happened, but my pre-order actually never bloody shipped even after the initial delay. It came back in stock a few days after launch, but my pre-order was just in stasis.

I ended up just re-ordering it again and cancelled my pre-order since their system is obviously a bit questionable. The new order shipped straight away. -.-

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
That happened with the Tales of Zestiria CE from .de

Well, I say that happened, but my pre-order actually never bloody shipped even after the initial delay. It came back in stock a few days after launch, but my pre-order was just in stasis.

I ended up just re-ordering it again and cancelled my pre-order since their system is obviously a bit questionable. The new order shipped straight away. -.-
Yeah and it's not even unusual, happens all the time when you preorder before Prime stuff gets applied. I just can't cancel and reorder because of course it's been oos for a long time now :(
Maybe they have a few on release day, so I'd at least get it on the 5th.

Yay Simply dispatched.

Persona 5 tomorrow.

Let's see if it gets my attention enough to stop Zelda completely or if I will play Zelda in short bursts.

Scavenger

How far ahead of the release date does Base.com usually ship out pre-orders? I have pre-ordered Persona 5 PS3 version, but they haven't shipped it out yet.

Zafir

Yeah and it's not even unusual, happens all the time when you preorder before Prime stuff gets applied. I just can't cancel and reorder because of course it's been oos for a long time now :(
Maybe they have a few on release day, so I'd at least get it on the 5th.

I'd put a update tracker or something on the site using Distill plugin(I use Chrome, it might be available for other browsers).

Then you can at least be the first to know if it comes back in stock.

Tales of Zestiria CE was sold out on .de, but as I said it did come back in stock very briefly after launch, so that's how I managed to get another order in. Still daft you have to do that though. :|

Apparently my free copy of P5 from Amazon.com is waiting for me at my house.

God dammit why won't the work day end faster.

Yeah it makes no sense. I can only assume they either have set routes so it does such bizarre journeys.

Either that or the tracking is just plain wrong.

oh man, I'm so envy, mine is in Stanstead airport since yesterday night, and it's saying delivery on monday =(, if it gets delivery tomorrow, I'll have to come to the office to get it, I think they fuck up the shipping in the US, because it was bouncing around a lot in there before been dispatched to the uk.

I feel like UPS seem to just like bouncing parcels around. Like how mine seemed to arrive at East Midlands, then go down to Stansted before being sent back North again to where I live.

Unfortunately for you it seems doing that delayed the parcel by quite a bit. :( Hope you don't get messed over again!

Maybe yours went to Stansted because they do customs there.

My last tracking is :
Stansted, United Kingdom 31/03/2017 7:00 Departure Scan

Zafir

oh man, I'm so envy, mine is in Stanstead airport since yesterday night, and it's saying delivery on monday =(, if it gets delivery tomorrow, I'll have to come to the office to get it, I think they fuck up the shipping in the US, because it was bouncing around a lot in there before been dispatched to the uk.

I feel like UPS seem to just like bouncing parcels around. Like how mine seemed to arrive at East Midlands, then go down to Stansted before being sent back North again to where I live.

Unfortunately for you it seems doing that delayed the parcel by quite a bit. :( Hope you don't get messed over again!

Famassu

Could we NOT turn this into a Persona 5 delivery notification threat for the next week or so? Take that crap to one of the multitude of other Persona 5 threads and keep this clean of that shit. I want to know of good deals, not you people's Persona 5 delivery hardships.

v1ncelis

Not game related but yesterday I bought a tv for a price of 699 pounds from Amazon. Today as I got dispatch notice I took a look again and saw that price is now 649.
So question is it worth it to chat with amazon customer service and can they do anything about that? First time so unlucky :D

Amazon warehouse deals had a few used, very good copies of Mass Effect Andromeda on PS4 yesterday morning for £24-26. I managed to grab one but like those PSVR deals from a few months ago it was a blink and miss thing.

oldmario

Not game related but yesterday I bought a tv for a price of 699 pounds from Amazon. Today as I got dispatch notice I took a look again and saw that price is now 649.
So question is it worth it to chat with amazon customer service and can they do anything about that? First time so unlucky :D

you can try talking them into doing it as a one off good will gesture but i'd say try maybe 2 or 3 chat agents, if no success then you'll have to send it back and buy it again

Can't wait for my Persona 5 TYH to arrive.

With that said, what is currently the best deal for Puyo Puyo Tetris as a preorder for Switch ?
I can have it on Amazon.fr for 37€ with the prime+slow delivery discount...

Could we NOT turn this into a Persona 5 delivery notification threat for the next week or so? Take that crap to one of the multitude of other Persona 5 threads and keep this clean of that shit. I want to know of good deals, not you people's Persona 5 delivery hardships.

Or the inevitable moans and complaints when some copies don't arrive till launch day
vader.jpg

v1ncelis

you can try talking them into doing it as a one off good will gesture but i'd say try maybe 2 or 3 chat agents, if no success then you'll have to send it back and buy it again
Thanks, will try live chat later but if with no success I will def no try send it back. To much hassle.

Mine is supposed to be delivered on tuesday, on the release date. So... we'll see. But I haven't had any problem with Amazon so far regarding pre-order.

I would say it's worth a go - Amazon used to be very good for refunding a difference. Although my impression from various feedback is that they've tightened up on that kind of thing and it's less likely, can't hurt to try.

TheMoon

Anyone else got their SMT IV Apocalypse (or 7th Dragon) reprints yet?

Just got my SMTIVA from Shop To and was wondering if they all come in that cheap plastic foil that also is used when resealing games?

smt4aqjuha.jpg

Zafir

Just got my SMTIVA from Shop To and was wondering if they all come in that cheap plastic foil that also is used when resealing games?

smt4aqjuha.jpg

I got an original print copy, and it was sealed in the same way.

So was 7th Dragon.

Nbz

Ordered Persona 5 from Simply Games this morning after seeing everyone else have their copies shipped early and what do you know they've already shipped mine as well! Thanks to the tip off guys

Hasney

Ordered Persona 5 from Simply Games this morning after seeing everyone else have their copies shipped early and what do you know they've already shipped mine as well! Thanks to the tip off guys

Yeah, in the UK on a Tuesday release that i'm hyped for, I almost always go with whoever is cheapest out of Simply and The Game Collection. Almost always get it on the Saturday before.

Wait..they got more stock? They weren't letting anyone purchase it the other day...

I'm stuck with Shop2 now, who've taken my money but haven't dispatched it yet.

Hasney

Wait..they got more stock? They weren't letting anyone purchase it the other day...

I'm stuck with Shop2 now, who've taken my money but haven't dispatched it yet.

It was there again for a short period. Gone again now. Guess it was the payment bouncers/cancellations.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member

smt4aqjuha.jpg
Bought mine at a Gamestop in Austria and it was the same.

Why did you mention this! Reminding me of the fact my local sold all their £85 consoles to one guy like 15 minutes before I arrived.
It was a hell of a battle for me. I phoned up about 10 stores, none of them had it. Perhaps some of them lied after I alerted them to it.

Ironically the one store I actually went and visited is a Tesco near my house (nearest SuperStore to me) that I had never been to until that day. They didn't answer the phone so I thought fuck it and I turned up. Turned out they had one. I was so stoked as even before I saw the deal I wanted one for Mario 3D World. My one regret is forgetting to ask them if they had a Pro Controller in stock as they were selling those for £15.

I always see this as a UK thread in general though :)

Shane86

Typical of Sony to give us the €10 cashback the exact moment their sale ends. I imagine it will expire before the next sale too.

broony

I got an email saying I have £10 from Sony after spending £50 in march. I bought a horizon pre order and bf1 premium in February, but nothing in March. Am I getting the credit because they released in march or have they fucked up?

I got an email saying I have £10 from Sony after spending £50 in march. I bought a horizon pre order and bf1 premium in February, but nothing in March. Am I getting the credit because they released in march or have they fucked up?

Horizon was advertised as being part of the promotion since it released in March.

emigre

How far ahead of the release date does Base.com usually ship out pre-orders? I have pre-ordered Persona 5 PS3 version, but they haven't shipped it out yet.

They usually ship the day before release and 9 times out of 10 it gets delivered on release day. I once got Odin Sphere shipped a few days before release. I've order P5 with Base as well so I think it'll ship on Monday. Currently my order is 'pending' so I'm hoping to get it on Tuesday.

Scavenger

They usually ship the day before release and 9 times out of 10 it gets delivered on release day. I once got Odin Sphere shipped a few days before release. I've order P5 with Base as well so I think it'll ship on Monday. Currently my order is 'pending' so I'm hoping to get it on Tuesday.
Thanks. Hopefully international shipping is quick.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I actually have a
cheap knockoff
one, but I run Ethernet cable through the flat and it just gets fucked up on them so I just use it for a couple of rooms :p

Mine has made me do more DIY recently roomba-proofing the place than I ever did child-proofing it years ago.

Top Bottom