• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheapassgamer site hacked

cjyXFtE.gif

Seriously though this is messed up!!! I hope they get if fixed soon.

I started listening in 2012, and I have to disagree. You could say that Shipwreck talked about finishing this basement as "high balling" but all the guys come off as genuinely nice people. Can't say that I have heard them cuss a whole lot, it's genuinely very PG-13. Some toilet humor, but I enjoy that still, lol.

Oooh, Mr. 1%er Shipwreck...

SpotAnime

My details have already leaked in (at least) 3 major hacks:

One can check their own email address at https://haveibeenpwned.com/
And it's possible to get notified automatically.

That Gawker hack a few years ago pushed me to have unique passwords, so I switched to Lastpass. Best move I ever made.

And I checked, unique password used on CAG. Although I did have my Twitter account synced with my CAG account many moons ago, but I guess that was OAuth? I should be safe there too.

BTW, I was the guy who sent Cheapy that Xbox onesie for his son, that he featured in a YouTube video when his first 360 red-ringed. The least I could do for him considering all the money he's saved me over the years. I hope this gets straightened out quick.

ViciousDS

Banned
The most they would be able to do.....is login to my aeriagames and f2p mmorpg accounts.....go for it hackers. I feel sorry you have to deal with those shitty games.

edit: entering my user name finds a 4th breach: Battlefield Heroes.
TOP KEK

This made me laugh, my email has been breached at Adobe! *didnt even remember I registered as a user* and final fantasy shrine *probably registered there like 12 years ago*. Since then I have had different type of passwords so I guess nothing to worry about.

Cth

I remember the early days when they hosted an UNO tournament for Xbox 360.

I ended up winning a free game from them.

Ended up playing with CheapyD, Wombat and someone else and kicked their butts :D

i have the same details as on every site:

davidwhangchoi
interests: finding deals
eat wendy's spicy chicken sandwich at least once a week =)

i guess the hackers now know to try Wendy's chili w/ cheese...

Speedy was the shit.

Yes sir. Made a few fake accounts on CAG during that fiasco to throw off Circuit City's lawyers. He funneled me the ads and I posted them up a few times to help out. Even started a fundraiser for his legal needs, but he didn't end up needing it.

Was a much better forum than it is today.

poodaddy

When I checked on haveibeenpwned it says I'm fine on CAG, but ironically I have been owned, my goddamn Nexus Mods account was hacked last month and I wasn't told at all! Not an email or anything, Jesus man. Makes me think slightly less of Nexus :/. This constant hacking of everything is exasperating; I can only remember so many passwords.

Dranakin

Damn, I've been a member there since 2003. I'm really hoping this is recoverable/not too serious. Rooting for you, CheapyD!

woopWOOP

TOP KEK
Today I learned my phone, e-mail, home adress and name were leaked in a moneybookers breach all the way back in 2009, damn (don't even recall using their services)

Also ffshrine, lol. The place for videogame OSTs before youtube made it so much easier. Atleast I use different passwords for everything...

When I checked on haveibeenpwned it says I'm fine on CAG, but ironically I have been owned, my goddamn Nexus Mods account was hacked last month and I wasn't told at all! Not an email or anything, Jesus man. Makes me think slightly less of Nexus :/. This constant hacking of everything is exasperating; I can only remember so many passwords.
it says that nexus hack happened back in '13

poodaddy

it says that nexus hack happened back in '13

Mine says December 2015 but that the data was being traded for months beforehand.....what the hell happened? Is this haveibeenpwned website reputable?

EDIT: just read that closer and it said that they announced the hack that happened in 2013 in 2015.... sorry my bad should of read closer. Kinda shifty to announce a hack two years after the fact though huh? Regardless they didn't get anything of use on me so I suppose it doesn't matter, still shifty though.

poodaddy

Ugh, he is trying to get his 15 minutes of fame by tagging that piece of human garbage Keemstar. Fuck everything about this.

Really wish I didn't check that....fuck the notion that violence solves nothing; he's a problem that's begging to be solved with violence. Subhuman garbage.

I feel for CheapyD. I'm a big fan of CAG; saved me a lot of money. Some of the deals I've landed through that site have been insane over the years; however, I'm pretty sure that it's largely the reason I have so many games still shrink wrapped.

zewone

CheapyD once gave me a free Sidekick 2 when he was moving to Japan.

Terrific guy. Hope this works out okay for him.

FaintDeftone

TOP KEK

Damn man I got bit by that stupid Vtech breach due to my son's smart bear. Fucking hackers!

Hopefully everything is cool over there with CheapAssGamer. I've always been a fan of that site and Cheapy is a good dude.

shanafan

From Cheapy

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We are taking steps to make sure our data is as secure as possible.

1) Your passwords are combined with a random set of characters and then hashed to create a unique fingerprint, and only this is stored in our database. This is impossible to reverse engineer, so if you use your CAG password on other sites, they would not be compromised.

2) While we don't have any evidence that any data has been taken, we can't rule out that it wasn't taken. This means your email address and your username might have been taken.

3) A required password change will be incoming.

More information soon. Thanks for your patience.

Big thanks to John for getting us back up fast.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/353549-cag-defacinghacking-news-updates/

BY2K

Membero Americo

TOP KEK

I don't even remember ever creating Adobe and Moneybooker accounts. Why the HELL would I have one of those?

Top Bottom