• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheetahmen II: The Lost Levels (Kickstarter)

Veezy

que?
I'm a big fan of James Rolfe but this game does not need to be made.

I'm wondering what the hell James gains from this? He wouldn't get a cut (I wouldn't think) of the profit, there's plenty of games for him to review, and the title is still going to be terrible.

The only reason, and this could be me being apologetic, I can think he would do a video is just so he'd have traffic to his site for that vid due to him reviewing the title. Like him being meta by having his character supporting it or whatever.

I mean, this thing is pointless.

I dunno, if they fixed the game mechanics, too, to let you duck, have decent jumping controls etc, that MIGHT be worth a Kickstart (but not really). Just making it so you can reach the later levels... not so sure if worth it.

Veezy

que?
I dunno, if they fixed the game mechanics, too, to let you duck, have decent jumping controls etc, that MIGHT be worth a Kickstart (but not really). Just making it so you can reach the later levels... not so sure if worth it.

Even if they did, it a six level game that looks terrible. They would have to make a brand new game.

Fuckin' think sucks.

Teknoman

Should have completely remade the game as Cheetahmen: XTREME RESURRECTION

and proceeded to make a really cheesy but fun 2 player beat em up/platformer.

I'm wondering what the hell James gains from this? He wouldn't get a cut (I wouldn't think) of the profit, there's plenty of games for him to review, and the title is still going to be terrible.

One of the higher-priced Kickstarter tiers has cartridges signed by him, I assume he's getting paid for those.

I thought at first they were actually remaking the game, or editing it to be decent, but I guess they're just fixing the level progression and putting it on carts, and making it out to be a huge deal.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
This guy has a pretty good point:

YouTube Comment said:
This scumbag charged $200 for Action 52, the worst game ever, and ripped people off, and now you want to give him MORE money to rip people off just because his game got attention for being SO bad? ...Messed up.

N4Us

For what it's worth, I'd rather give money to this than the Double Fine KS.

edit: Mistunderstood post above me, carry on

Eh, there is a "fixed" version of the game out there. PacoChan fixed the game so you could beat it. I've beaten the game for the episode of Pop Fiction. AVGN played through it all, too. As have probably a few other brave souls. People can do what they want with their money, but...

Why? This has to be the most pointless kickstarter I have ever seen.

This totally undermines all of the legitimate Kickstaters out there. Indie developers and independent bands who are trying to make an honest living. Not this weird meta bullshit that's already made over $4,000. Please save your money for a worthy cause. For something that is quality.

WHY IS THE KICKSTARTER DESCRIPTION WRITTEN ALL IN CAPSLOCK. WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH AN AWFUL THING?!
Because it's a complete joke, just check the FAQ.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU EXCEED THE GOAL?

THE GOAL DOESN'T ACTUALLY COVER THE ENTIRE COST OF PRODUCING THE GAME (WE HAVE PERSONALLY INVESTED SUBSTANTIAL SUMS TOWARD THE PROJECT) AND THE MARKETING BUDGET, SO EVERY EXTRA DOLLAR GOES TOWARD MAKING THE GAME BETTER, DEVELOPMENT QUICKER AND SPREADING THE WORD ABOUT CHEETAHMEN TO NON BELIEVERS AROUND THE GLOBE.
Translation: So yeah we're keeping the money for ourselves .... well at least they tell the truth.

Syntsui

Oh wow, great news!! is there any chance they will release a fixed version of E.T. for Atari, it's like one of my favorite games ever!! I will totally support it!! longe live to these good fellas upgrading there awesome classics!!

Anteater

already at 5.7k

Maybe this is the first Nerd video that has so many dislikes
KuGsj.gif

RagnarokX

People pay a lot of money for Cheetahmen II because it's extremely rare and notorious. If you print new copies for everyone, the original copies will still be rare and the new versions will still be worthless as mass produced reproductions.

Top Bottom