• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chelsea Boots: Yay or Nay?

Pagusas

Elden Member
Nay. Very feminine looking. If that's the look you are going for, then sure. I just don't think it looks good on men.

Are Blundstones considered Chelsea boots? I've been thinking of getting a pair of these: https://www.blundstone.ca/collections/the-chisel-toe

Probably the rustic black.
GxyYXRv.jpg

I have a pair of standard black leather ones. I wear them during winter as a sort of formal-ish attire with a pair of classic straight-cut black jeans. I think they look wierd when worn with skinny jeans, but then again I don't like skinny jeans at all.

Also, brogues are for middle-aged white men who think that putting holes on shoes makes them looks classy.

I can guarantee you're the guy at work wearing this shit

61QqcxWGPyL._UX395_.jpg

MrS

Banned
Chelsea boots are fine and brogues are indeed shit. I'd never wear a pair of brogues, personally. Good quality Oxfords or Monk shoes for work are my preference.

jelly

They don't look too bad but I've always been wary of how they fit, much prefer laces and not just two hole chukka laces which I hate because of heal slip.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Chelsea boots are fine and brogues are indeed shit. I'd never wear a pair of brogues, personally. Good quality Oxfords or Monk shoes for work are my preference.

I don't think any man can go wrong with Oxfords. Chelsea and the like though.... most men will go wrong with them, they just need a very specific skinny/feminine build to work on.

Meh not my style but the people who wear them well are fine.

I like engineer boots, service/work boots and and some cowboy boots more

Engineer boots are my favorite.

misterfreedomboots.jpg

johnlofgrenboots.jpg

Oxn

Now Monk strap dress shoes are my favorite, but we talking fashion boots here, and brogue is best.

MrS

Banned
Now Monk strap dress shoes are my favorite, but we talking fashion boots here, and brogue is best.
It's a tough look to pull off and I tend to think Brogues generally look better on women. More power to you if you can pull it off.

They look anywhere from innofensive to fine.

Personally I prefer something more patterned, like someone mentioned brogue, that's cool to me.

I'm from Texas and I hate cowboy boots. They're atrocious fashion. Especially when women wear them casually with a sorority shirt and short shorts.

most cowboy boots that are cheap look awful, especially mass produced ones.

lot of the master boot makers and high quality brands located in the rio grande valley put out some amazing stuff.

Top Bottom