• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chess wunderkind Trump threatens Comey on Twitter

Sadly only republicans in Congress have the power to get rid of him but they won't because they are all corrupt shits.

Technically, it's in the republicans best interest to get rid of him because... Pence is next in line. And arguably, he is worse because he actually has an idea of politics

Ithil

..... so the Nth Level Chess stuff isn't just a joke?

They can't deal with the idea that they're worshiping an idiot who is stumbling through everything, that they were duped by a clueless moron's con job, so they have convinced themselves that he is some kind of super genius manipulator and everything he does is part of a big master plan to do...something.

shiba5

Speaker Ryan on today's news:
C_qAkomXoAAK5ke.jpg

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/863143647449141248

"Qualified and capable person" - too bad Ryan doesn't think these qualities should also apply to the President.

They can't deal with the idea that they're worshiping an idiot who is stumbling through everything, that they were duped by a clueless moron's con job, so they have convinced themselves that he is some kind of super genius manipulator and everything he does is part of a big master plan to do...something.

And the fallback is this ridiculous idea: well, at least (whatever it is) is trolling liberals.

They are literally defined, entirely, by the people they hate. The majority won't even benefit from whatever bits of the trump agenda do ever get passed because it is getting written by goldman sachs, for goldman sachs.

Reminds me of homer vs.the carnies.

...we were beaten by the best boy

shiba5

Arguably it does not. The president is elected, not appointed.
The electorate is not a good judge of ability.

Yet, he and the rest of the GOP had no problem holding Obama to a ridiculously high standard with constantly moving goalposts.

Kyzer

Banned
The logic from Trump supporters is twisting me into so many pretzels.

I legitimately heard this today... "Trump issued the not-so veiled threat so he could get the Democrats to subpoena any tapes, that would then prove the CIA or FBI were illegally wiretapping the oval office, and that those tapes would then prove he has zero involvement with Russia"

...he could just release those tapes if they existed lol

DrSlek

Ill send my boy "hired goons" to see Comey. They find any "tapes" and Comey will "sleep with da fishes". Capeesh?

Mentok

Banned
Ahh yes, chess....

wpg5xm.gif

I love how this president has already publicly insulted the CIA and then the FBI....while under investigation.

Ahh yes, chess....

wpg5xm.gif

I love how this president has already publicly insulted the CIA and then the FBI....while under investigation.

I'm really amazed how he is legally allowed to hire/fire people from organizations that are actively investigating him, its a legal allowance of a conflict of interests

I'm really amazed how he is legally allowed to hire/fire people from organizations that are actively investigating him, its a legal allowance of a conflict of interests

Well, in a sane world Congress would act as a political check against such blatant abuses of legal power.

But for some reason, only cowards and lickspittles hold the majority of these seats.

The logic from Trump supporters is twisting me into so many pretzels.

I legitimately heard this today... "Trump issued the not-so veiled threat so he could get the Democrats to subpoena any tapes, that would then prove the CIA or FBI were illegally wiretapping the oval office, and that those tapes would then prove he has zero involvement with Russia"

Well when you are so convinced that the party is always right, that the president is a genius, all of these "seemingly" idiotic moves must have some greater meaning that will ultimately be the downfall of your enemies! It is the only logical explanation.

Yup, there are too many people in this country who think that anybody who wins the presidency is a fucking genius. Trump supporters are on top of the moron totem pole.

pushbyte

Neo Member
Technically, it's in the republicans best interest to get rid of him because... Pence is next in line. And arguably, he is worse because he actually has an idea of politics

It's in their best interest for the long-term survival of their party, but Trump still enjoys wide support among the Republican base and holy hell will reign down upon them if they oust him without the base shifting first. Not only that, but having the first impeached president come from their party would be...significant. He will not go quiet into that good night; he will try to drag everyone in his orbit (at this point, practically the entire GOP apparatus) down into the void with him.

It's clear that their hope is to stick by him through the 2018 midterms in a bid to keep Congress, then let the chips fall where they may (at worst, distancing themselves from him and running a different candidate in 2020.) He's so far been a disaster for getting legislation through, but he did get them Gorsuch on the bench and there's a very real possibility he could appoint 1-2 more justices in his first term. This is the golden goose for the GOP: the judicial branch has been the only effective tool against Trump so far, and they froth at the mouth when thinking about swinging it conservative. They've already gerrymandered and indoctrinated rural America through talk radio and Fox News to the point that they will maintain an edge in congress for a long time to come; the left has a huge swatch of fickle idealists who abstain/"vote with their conscience" and allow conservatives to take the executive branch on an 8-year cycle; taking over the last leg of government has now become the true goal.

I think trump has so much negativity around him that his base will flip to pence without revolting. They may not acknowledge there is a problem because that's their guy, but they know he's not all the way right.

I think trump has so much negativity around him that his base will flip to pence without revolting. They may not acknowledge there is a problem because that's their guy, but they know he's not all the way right.

If something were to legit go down with Donald, I am fully expecting the majority of your everyday trumpers to claim that getting Pence to the presidency was the goal along, that's the only reason they voted for Donald, etc. Much better than admitting to making an objectively bad choice, right?

The diehard zealots will, of course, devolve further into the nuttery of their deep-state conspiracy theories. No longer having a voice in the white house, they will fade to obscurity, outside the violent outbursts making the news here and there. They will not be missed.

Top Bottom