• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Children at R-Rated Movies

Gintamen

Any modern movie theater should have the "shut the fuck up and don't disturb others from enjoying the movie" warning.

When my dad brought me and friends into 18+ movies we understood that we had to be quiet. As always it's about good parenting, not the kids themself.

Only this year have I started seeing R-rated films myself, and so far I haven't really seen any children in my screenings (though a big reason for that was because most of them are in the late morning/early afternoon). My screening of Blade Runner 2049 was mostly older people, I was probably one of the youngest people in the theater (if not the youngest).

On the flipside, there has been a few times my mom took me to see an R-rated film in the theater when I wasn't seventeen yet; mainly for films she was interested in seeing. One or two of the films scenes usually had a scene that got me a bit shook up, but otherwise I wasn't really fussed.

Top Bottom