• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chipotle to open burger restaurant named Tasty Made in Ohio this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
No word on expansion yet.

East Bay Times said:
NEW YORK -- Chipotle, still struggling to win back customers after a series of food scares, plans to open its first burger restaurant this year.

The chain known for burritos said Thursday it will open a Tasty Made location this fall in Lancaster, Ohio, which is southeast of Columbus. The menu will be limited to burgers, fries and milkshakes, it said.

Chipotle Mexican Grill already has its hands full trying to recover from the E. coli outbreak and norovirus cases that sent sales plunging starting last fall. It has been giving away coupons for free burritos and stepping up marketing to win back customers, but sales were still down 24 percent at established locations in the second quarter.

Chipotle declined to provide additional details on Tasty Made's food. Co-CEO Steve Ells said early fast-food burger chains had "focused menus," and Chipotle wanted create a restaurant around that model. The remark may have been aimed at McDonald's, which has seen its menu mushroom over the years.

The company had signaled its intent to move into hamburgers, filing a trademark application for "Better Burger" earlier this year and noting its belief that the "Chipotle model" could be applied to a variety of foods. An address linked with Chipotle was on a trademark application for "TastyMade," the website Eater reported earlier this month.

ultron87

Five Guys and Smash Burger are places I don't mind eating, so another competitor in that space seems like a good thing.

There's way too many burger joints in New York for this to work here so I'm curious if it ever comes. I can't even imagine this being on the level of Five Guys let alone an actual good burger place

I'm sure it'll be delicious, but I have doubts they can really replicate the Chiptole effect. Gourmet burgers are already commonplace across America, whereas many places had a drought of good & easy Mexican food when Chipotle rose.

Valhelm

contribute something
This place called Built already does that

But they charge $14 for a burger and fries, so fuck them

Mmmm, you think they'll make a tasty burger?

tasty-burger.gif

Arc

Shake Shack

Tasty Burger

In-N-Out (if West Coast)

5 Guys

Smash Burger

Yeah, I think this market segment is covered.

ranked in order top to bottom.

Sliver

The US doesn't need more burger places. They're everywhere. I'm still waiting for doner kebabs to get popular, fucking delicious.

giga

After getting the American people to pay $7 for a burrito, it was only a matter of time before they would go after the lucrative $7 fast food burger market.

Squalor

Idiots in this thread are acting as though no restaurant or grocery store they've been to has never had a bacteria problem at some point.

Regardless, this is fast food, and I will not eat it because fast food is awful.

Tansut

So I finally go to try this place over the weekend. It's.... not good. Like if Five Guys had a really rough night and fucked everything up at work the next day you might get an idea of the quality of Tasty Made.

The Bacon sauce was pretty yummy though.

kmfdmpig

What a bizarre place to open it

I thought the Midwest was the go to place for companies to try new products and restaurant concepts.

No interest in this. All that high and mighty "we don't use GMO ingredients" nonsense from a company that literally poisoned its customers means I have no interest in Chipotle or its spin-offs.

Ovid

So I finally go to try this place over the weekend. It's.... not good. Like if Five Guys had a really rough night and fucked everything up at work the next day you might get an idea of the quality of Tasty Made.

The Bacon sauce was pretty yummy though.
Was this at the Ohio location?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom