• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Chan is reaching out to indie game developers to make a Sonichu game

Status
Not open for further replies.
chris_chan_and_sonichu_by_dommi_fresh.jpg

No more Chris-chan threads please.

Not only is it not really newsworthy, but Chris' own behaviour/actions tends to incite the kind of internet attention and bullying that is creating that nasty feedback loop of poor outcomes leading to poor behaviour.

What?? Where were all those other Chris Chan threads? I searched and didn't see anything.

If I could design the perfect Sonichu game it would be heavily influenced by Okami but you would have to draw like CC draws. In other words, any scribble would count.

I'll make Sonichu a crossover character in Indivisible if he tops off our campaign this week.

Dude... no joke, I would contribute if you did that!

GavinGT

Banned
What?? Where were all those other Chris Chan threads? I searched and didn't see anything.

If I could design the perfect Sonichu game it would be heavily influenced by Okami but you would have to draw like CC draws. In other words, any scribble would count.

Dude... no joke, I would contribute if you did that!

The last one I can remember is from a while back when he was defacing Sonic Boom standees at Gamestop and then pepper sprayed the employee as he was being thrown out.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I had vaguely heard of Sonichu before, but I had no idea about all the rest. I just lost a ton of time on that wiki. This is so, so weird...

Making a Sonichu game sounds like asking to be nuked from orbit by Sega and Game Freak/Pokemon Co./Nintendo.

At the very least, watch the video. He was awarded the copyright to Sonichu years ago.

Have you ever been down a toy aisle? Have you looked at fighting game rosters? Have you seen a B-movie? There's imitations and knock-offs everywhere. It's it's obvious that Chris took inspiration from Pokemon and Sonic, but he has every right to do that. As Ridley Scott said about Alien "I didn't copy anybody! I copied everybody!"

I have to assume it has something to do with his worldview. I cannot imagine it doesn't.
You'd think that would be assumed especially when both the internet and his family encourages this kind of behavior. He really needs to be taken out of that environment.

You know what? I think you are the legit only sane person here. You have my support.
to add to that, in his recent video he made a transphobic comment and put down a 'fellow trans' person, claiming they were 'having trouble transitioning' in a condescending tone. which is insanely ironic

he's pretty much human scum, tbh. It's very hard to feel bad for him
Ironically all your posts in this thread have been mocking people who feel that encouraging this behavior and direct posters to take part in this 'saga'. Bill Maher is that you?
I cant believe anyone feels sorry for him...he's the most smug, arrogant, racist, hypocritical person. Who care if he has autism....

BTW, his latest video before this one was him ranting at a person who was making a video game adaption of his life.
Dammit, another Anime avatar.

KevinCow

Banned
I don't understand. He's an autistic guy who made a shitty webcomic, and because of that, other people created an entire website dedicated to ridiculing him? That just seems mean.

Qwark

I had never heard of Chris Chan before. I checked out his wiki, now I'm sad.

I hope somebody can help him make a game, and hopefully he can get his life settled down a little. He's obviously very passionate, maybe a bit too passionate at times.

I don't understand. He's an autistic guy who made a shitty webcomic, and because of that, other people created an entire website dedicated to ridiculing him? That just seems mean.

If his fame was attributable only to his shitty webcomic, it'd be pretty tough to have an entire wiki about him.

Berrigal

Neo Member
'Sakurai-san! The results from the Smash poll are in!'
'Excellent! Who was the victor?'
'Well, after removing all the votes for Son Goku, Shrek and Saitama, we only had one character left to choose from...'

SONICHU THUNDERS INTO BATTLE!

pizzacat

Banned
It will be better than any sonic game ever made, every high point it's reached, every green hills zone, every 1-1, every whale chasing you combined cannot match what he's about to drop

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
If any aspiring developer is dumb enough to ignore the copyright issues and wants to pick up "his" idea to make a quick buck, remember that this is Chris-chan we're talking about, and he's incredibly cheap when he's not feeding his addictions. Expect to be told to pay for the privilege.

RhyDin

I can't believe I just spent an hour perusing that wiki page (I briefly heard about the Gamestop mace debacle, but hadn't paid much attention to it).

It's really a shame people harassed this guy and his family, probably led to the premature death of his father and also exacerbated his condition to lead to events like his mother being arrested.

I really think mods should lock this topic. While the OP may have good intention in hopes this would come to fruition and redeem the trolling this kid has experienced (it doesn't really seem that was the intention of the thread creation, though), this entire thing is really messed up.

Battlechili

Banned
I would buy and play a Sonichu game. I'm also curious as to how a game directed by Chris-Chan would turn out. If nothing else, Sonichu at least is a famous face at this point, so she's got that going for her game. I want to believe a game by her would turn out really odd and interesting. You never know. Chris-Chan could be the next Yoko Taro with all sorts of crazy game ideas.

JoseLopez

I wish people would just ignore him and stop acting like this is funny. Dudes a sociopath created by the Internet basically. I laugh at awful shit all the time but man this fucked.

I'm wondering if the OP actually sat there for a set amount of time and actually wrote that stuff in the OP or just copied and pasted from reddit or 4chan.

I did write it out. I swear I tried to cut it down as much as I could but for all the shit that's happening in just one video it's impossible to explain to a newcomer what's going on without talking about like 4 or 5 sagas in his life.

Well, think of it this way. Did you like the movie Forrest Gump? Well, Chris Chan is like the internet's version of Forrest Gump but replace Jenny with a whole bunch of trolls, Vietnam with CWCville and the shrimp'in business with cross-dressing. Thanks to the internet we don't need a movie to follow all of it, it's all unfolding in front of our eyes while we all ask "is he dumb or just plain stupid?" Although a Chris Chan movie starring Jack Black would be much appreciated.

this 4cent garbage is more entertaining than anything you have ever posted
A junior? Never would have guessed.
I wish people would just ignore him and stop acting like this is funny. Dudes a sociopath created by the Internet basically. I laugh at awful shit all the time but man this fucked.
Dude, I just watched an ending to Half in the Bag involving robots and sexual assault and I was in tears at it, like disturbing South Park you know? But this stuff? If you even read some of the stuff on the wiki it is insane, disturbing, and the people who encourage this are legit psychopaths.
I can't believe I just spent an hour perusing that wiki page (I briefly heard about the Gamestop mace debacle, but hadn't paid much attention to it).

It's really a shame people harassed this guy and his family, probably led to the premature death of his father and also exacerbated his condition to lead to events like his mother being arrested.

I really think mods should lock this topic. While the OP may have good intention in hopes this would come to fruition and redeem the trolling this kid has experienced (it doesn't really seem that was the intention of the thread creation, though), this entire thing is really messed up.
It is honestly. If you read about that awful stuff the trolls coerced him into doing? That's the stuff that makes bile rise to your throat. Ugh. Even if he is a piece of human garbage he was shaped by the internet trolls just as much. Just ignore Chris or report him to the proper authorities. Otherwise this is just making things worse.

Since I heard him mentioned in a GFW episode by Shawn Elliot years ago I thought he was a character of some sort. Years later and I still don't know how to fully comprehend the whole thing. Especially the people who keep up the wiki for him. Just something for historians to look back to and scratch their heads.

I don't remember what exactly I googled in regards to amiibo but I came across a Google shopping link for an autism amiibo which I found was made by him. Looking at the other stuff for sale under that user and you can buy a sonichu amiibo.

You can buy a sonichu amiibo on etsy.

I can't understand he genuinely thinks this is a valid idea.

He's an internet celebrity and he's reaching out to developers to make a game. I agree that a lot of the other stuff he's done online has no place on this forum, but there are other people with much less of a social following who have their own threads when they want to make a game.

There is nothing that entitles him to an e-celeb status. Sadly, he's just an easy online target for jokes and harassment.

Piers

I can't recall whether it was his own ego that he decided to keep doing crazy weird antics, or internet folk egging him on and encouraging the behaviour. Maybe a little bit of both.

Either way I partly attribute him to why the Sonic fandom has turned into such a laughing stock.

I know nothing about him or the comic, but if this is a serious request you do realise Sega & The Pokemon Co. would shut it down faster than you can say 'cease and desist', right?!

A few things Chris has done for the ignorantly sympathetic:

-held up signs in malls saying he only will date white women
-dressed up in blackface
-called a man he believed was Pacific islander a n****r
-Has said "death to the homos!" On many occasions
-is okay with lesbians but hates gays because they do not fuel his sexual fantasies (though he's retracted this sentiment since he's found attention from gay bars)
-called a gamestop manager a 'dirty Jew' and hit him with his car

And so much more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom