• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Christie is officially the most unpopular governor ever.

Lol He abandoned his post to fetch food for the president. I'd hate him too. I have no faith in him to lead the fight against opioid addiction.

CHC

He was unpopular before that. He's just an awful person and bad at his job.

He didn't risk anything. Bridgegate sealed that governor of NJ was going to be the highest position he was ever elected to. His choices at that point were always going to be either getting into entertainment or an appointment by a Republican president, and I'm not sure I see any moderate Republican choosing him for any appointment anyway. So it was always Trump (or whatever non-Jeb person won the primary) or bust.

Probably should have said "more disapproval."

Definitely did NOT mean to portray him as well-liked before the campaign season, but degrading himself so completely for Trump in the hopes of a cabinet position was his final gambit, and it failed in the most absolute way imaginable.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
As someone who lives in Jersey I can attest to the fact that nobody likes him. I think his current rating might be too high. Even staunch hardcore Republicans don't like or out right detest him.

FStubbs

As someone who lives in Jersey I can attest to the fact that nobody likes him. I think his current rating might be too high. Even staunch hardcore Republicans don't like or out right detest him.

They hate him because he shook hands with Obama that one time.

Jzero

President Donald Trump is also at a historic low job approval, at 28 percent, according to the poll.

Oof.

JOBS! JOBS! JOBS!
wA4MqOj.jpg

Actually I think his approval ratings after the hurricane were super high. I think bridgegate was a major factor in the decline.
Yeah funnily enough shaking hands with Obama and working with him was one of the better things he did for the state. It's the rest of the GOP that hated him for it in other states and he basically told them to eat shit and they're hypocrites for mocking him for accepting federal aid.

Then a little while later he got snarky with the victims, turned on the Dems completely and did Bridgegate not to mention all of the economic/education fuckups typical of any Republican.

Maengun1

It's funny how things change, I remember in the summer/fall of 2012 everyone saying they couldn't BELIEVE he didn't run for President, that he was the ONE republican who could have actually beaten Obama, etc.

strike while the iron is hot indeed lol

Actually I think his approval ratings after the hurricane were super high. I think bridgegate was a major factor in the decline.

Hurricane Sandy is to Christie as 9/11 was to George W.

Both tragic events made these two seem like heroes to the people they governed, and then the bloom came off the rose and things kept piling up bringing down their overall approval ratings.

Couleurs

Takes some skill to be more hated than Rod Blagojevich was after he was raided for trying to sell the appointment to replace Obama's Senate seat, followed by refusing to resign until he eventually got impeached.

McLovin

Good, he's a piece of shit brown noser. He might have avoided jail time for the lane closure incident the but the people won't forget what he did.

LOLCats

Banned
This guy is on the wrong side of everything. This doesn't surprise me at all.

Hopefully he'll be gone soon. Makes Jersey look bad... they already have enough of that.

Wubbles

Neo Member
I live in NJ and one thing I do appreciate he's done is help push through the 2% cap on property tax increases. Shit was getting out of hand prior to that. Otherwise, these recent NJTransit (I commute to NYC for work) delays have been atrocious. Next administration needs to do something. What should be a 1 hour commute has been 2 hours... ;_;

I hate that people shit on him so much for how he looks but...he really does himself NO favors.

Exactly.

If you're someone like Christie who is portly and rotund to put it nicely, don't wear skin tight clothes. Try to hide that enormous FUPA of yours and not draw attention to it.

https://poll.qu.edu/ohio/release-detail?ReleaseID=959

Look down in this September 2006 Quinnipiac poll in Ohio, and Governor Taft was 1 point lower than Christie's 15% with 14% approval.

Also, I didn't find what Taft's Quinnipiac approval rating was the previous year, but I know at least some polls had him in single digits. Lowest I recall was around 6%.

Thread title might be inaccurate, but this part is true;

Gov. Chris Christie's job approval rating dropped to 15 percent in a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday, the worst rating for any governor in any state surveyed by the university in 20 years.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Thread title might be inaccurate, but this part is true;

How's that true? 14% for Governor Taft from the same polling institution is lower that 15% for Governor Christie. It's a State governor from within 20 years with a lower approval rating, so Christie cam't be the lowest from the last 20 years of any state.

Kill3r7

I live in NJ and one thing I do appreciate he's done is help push through the 2% cap on property tax increases. Shit was getting out of hand prior to that. Otherwise, these recent NJTransit (I commute to NYC for work) delays have been atrocious. Next administration needs to do something. What should be a 1 hour commute has been 2 hours... ;_;

Tell me about it. The problem is that a new tunnel would take a few years to build and there is no push to build a new transportation hub in NYC.

el jacko

It's amazing how much Bridgegate directly undercut all the good feelings that came out of Hurricane Sandy.

His response to Sandy went over so well because he very openly embraced Obama to get recovery efforts where they needed to - he put the good of the community over partisan fighting, which in a left-leaning state, is exactly the kind of Republican who gets voted in.

Bridgegate was blatant partisan hackery, petty in nature and hit hard on a topic dear to the hearts of every single resident, without exception: getting in the way of your shitty commute. I mean, I'm not even from NJ (NYC born) but I could still feel the gut punch of what he did. My south Jersey cousins swore him off for good after voting for his reelection.

Christie was a jerk who got stuff done, Sandy the best example. But Bridgegate undercut all that work, and exposed his jerk-ness in the worst possible light.

This has been, by the way, my absolute favorite corruption scandal in a region full of them because of how petty the act was, how much it revealed about the actors' true personalities, and how close it cut to so many people.

Top Bottom