• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Evans as Steve Rogers (NOT in costume) on the set of 'Captain America'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always laugh when people try to to say an actor is too skinny for a role before production starts. Never doubt the power of personal trainers.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Trojita said:
Something tells me that most of the people in this topic haven't seen Scott Pilgrim yet.
He was already pretty damn buff in Fantastic 4. Now he is even bulkier, but getting big traps is actually easy, specially if you have the proper disposition (and he seems like one of those people that get ripped just by staring at the dumbbells).

Having huge arms make sense too, since those are difficult to fake with muscle suits. Pecs and shoulders are a different story.

Drek

RSTEIN said:
I'm excited as hell for this movie but... steroids much? I hope he got there the natural way but I just can't believe it.
Steroids lead to deformation of the skull, including the face. Do you really think an actor who is in the middle of building a career on his all-American good looks face would juice?

He's always been a pretty ripped up guy. Looks like he added some additional body fat along with the muscle to get a more natural look along with the added size. The trainer they hooked him up with designed an ideal plan to get the look of Captain America (built but not freakishly chiseled).

Drek said:
Steroids lead to deformation of the skull, including the face. Do you really think an actor who is in the middle of building a career on his all-American good looks face would juice?

He's always been a pretty ripped up guy. Looks like he added some additional body fat along with the muscle to get a more natural look along with the added size. The trainer they hooked him up with designed an ideal plan to get the look of Captain America (built but not freakishly chiseled).

Yeah I'm impressed with his physique but don't see why anyone should jump to roids accusations. He's an actor, this is his life. Signing that deal with Marvel was the BIGGEST decision he ever made and very well might be the biggest he will ever make. It's hard for regular people to keep at it but this guy has every opportunity to do it and all the motive in the world to want to do it.

The reason I personally was shocked was because I thought they signed him over other guys because he was a bit smaller (Than the Channing Tatum types). I thought Marvel was going with a more "nuanced" look with the character, thought Thor was going to be the only extra-bulky one.

Jin34

Trojita said:
Something tells me that most of the people in this topic haven't seen Scott Pilgrim yet.

Box Office results tell me nobody saw Scott Pilgrim.
No hate, look forward to seeing it later at home to see what the fuzz is all about

Edit: Beaten

Bleepey

Johnny Storm comics
smcs7-1.jpg

Chris Evans Johnny Storm
fantastic1.jpg

Captain America comics
SteveRogers_SuperSoldier_01_PachecoCover.jpg

Cap on film
SBI0S.jpg

Dye this motherfucker's hair blonde.

Liara T'Soni said:
Yeah I'm impressed with his physique but don't see why anyone should jump to roids accusations. He's an actor, this is his life.

Here on GAF everyone in Hollywood is fake and does things the easy way

JB1981

RSTEIN said:
I'm excited as hell for this movie but... steroids much? I hope he got there the natural way but I just can't believe it.

Really? Dude is top heavy and probably has good genetics. Unless he was injecting steroids into his shoulders, arms and chest ... comment doesn't make much sense to me .. maybe I know diddly about steroids but he looks like someone that has spent most of his time benching and curling. He doesn't look like a meathead or on steroids at all, imo.

Chris Evans has been big for the last couple of years. Just looks like he focused on his shoulders and arms more for this movie.

BattleMonkey said:
He looks fine, but he does not have the voice or presence of Captain America.
Yeah Captain America has that distinctive voice everyone knows. He's an actor. His job is to act like he has that presence.

Matt_C

Jin34 said:
Box Office results tell me nobody saw Scott Pilgrim.
No hate, look forward to seeing it later at home to see what the fuzz is all about

Edit: Beaten

u5b52.gif

Lucas-Lee-Posters-2-550x604.jpg

Kudos for Chris Evens. I wonder if they filmed him being the skinnier Steve Rodgers pre-Operation Rebirth.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Alot of these comments have a sharp-kneeish quality about them.

He was in good shape before, but damn did he get bigger. The hair and his physique sells Steve Rogers so well.

Now to see him in full costume fucking up some Nazis.

antonz

Wonder if they are going to go into his past. Because Steve Rogers was a twig of a runt that was an Art Student lol

bluemax said:
Wouldn't be the first time someone did it.

When you're a Hollywood actor you can afford to get a trainer to meet with you whenever you want and a nutritionist to make an outline of what to eat and when to eat it. It basically becomes your job to fast track to bodybuilding.

Totally possible.

APF

Drek said:
:lol oh precious..

Teh Hamburglar said:
When you're a Hollywood actor you can afford to get a trainer to meet with you whenever you want and a nutritionist to make an outline of what to eat and when to eat it. It basically becomes your job to fast track to bodybuilding.

Totally possible.
Yup. Just read up about how Hugh Jackman jacked himself up for Wolverine.

jax (old)

Banned
Chris Evan is the only dudebro that hollywood hires than isnt ryan reynolds that I like.

I'd actually watch films either of them marquee (at the cinema)

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I'm not saying he did steroids. I hadn't seen him since F4 so it was just a shock to me. I had no idea he has been gradually getting bigger.

But at the same time I don't think anyone should be naive enough to say with confidence there's no way he got a little extra help from something. Actors do it all the time... Sly just got busted for HGH (although you could say that's because he's an aging guy who was desperate).

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Goddamn the boy is fucking large. At least we know it'll look like he can stand up to Thor now.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Holy shit. I had to wiki him. Did not know that was same guy as losers and ff, which I didn't know those were the same guy too lol :lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom