• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Redfield returns in the free Not A Hero DLC for RE7 this Spring with a new face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neptonic

This isn't a spoiler. This is the whole reason for this DLC.
"What the deal with that new RE7 DLC?"
"Well it focuses on Chris Redfield"
"DUDE WHAT THE FUCK SPOILERS"

Vinc

This isn't a spoiler. This is the whole reason for this DLC.
"What the deal with that new RE7 DLC?"
"Well it focuses on Chris Redfield"
"DUDE WHAT THE FUCK SPOILERS"

Read the OP. It says he's in the main game. That's a spoiler, and apparently the ending of the damn game.

It's a dick move on Capcom's part for people who did not finish it, and OP chose to be their satellite while recognizing it's a weird move.

Dude Jawmuncher this is the second time you've spoiled this very same thing in a thread title. Give it a break bro, last thread got locked for a reason.

If you cut out all the Chris Roidfield iterations, the new Chris actually meshes really well with the earlier designs.

Yep, he looks more or less in line with Chris' model from REmake. He was never going to look like RE5/6 Chris as the director of RE7 made it relatively clear that he didn't like the superhero/tank version of Chris that appeared in those games.

Seyavesh

Yes... the "debate" :3

if he turns out to not be chris or something really retarded like a clone does the 'not my chris' camp get a prize
'cuz skinny generic guy young chris ain't my boy (man??)

MwF2oSX.jpg

If you're going to say "it's surprising that they're willing to spoil this", you should probably be wiser and choose to hide the spoiler. But yes, Capcom are total idiots for this.
depends. you guys dont even know the context of how he appears in the game.

Fucked up spoiler my dude, I was nice and warned people in the OT but you needed everyone to know. Could've gone with "Not a hero dlc main character spoiler"

Vinc

It's relatively minor and completely out of the blue so don't let it ruin the game for you.

As a fan, I just don't see how it can be that minor. I have a like-minded friend who says me getting this spoiled is a real bummer. I'll still finish it this weekend as I planned, but yeah it does ruin it a bit.

Jawmuncher

Dude Jawmuncher this is the second time you've spoiled this very same thing in a thread title. Give it a break bro, last thread got locked for a reason.

Thanks for not spoiling the end of resident evil 7.

amen.

I want to talk about the face change, and the RE engine as a whole with it's more realistic style.
Capcom posted the news with new images, so I thought this would be a good time to discuss it. Or was it never going to be possible?

You probably could have (and still can) just not mention he's
in the main game, It is kind of a big reveal at the end, even if it's very brief
, your title is not a spoiler then, as the DLC title is talking about Chris returning in a general sense

Neat DLC though - haven't been very interested in the offerings thus far, at least not at full price, but I'll definitely give this a look

As a fan, I just don't see how it can be that minor. I have a like-minded friend who says me getting this spoiled is a real bummer. I'll still finish it this weekend as I planned, but yeah it does ruin it a bit.

I hear ya, I'd be ticked too, just letting you know there's still plenty to enjoy and plenty of surprises.

Neptonic

Read the thread title again.
Where is the spoiler for anything.
Does it say main game anywhere in that title? The DLC is about Chris, so Chris's name is going to be in a thread title about the DLC.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Looks like Chris if he was made to have a non-stylized look.

Looks like his new design draws heavy inspiration from live action Chris in the original game's opening

220px-Chris.PNG

Resident_Evil_Director%2527s_Cut_%2528PSX%2529_10.png

Vinc

I want to talk about the face change, and the RE engine as a whole with it's more realistic style.
Capcom posted the news with new images, so I thought this would be a good time to discuss it. Or was it never going to be possible?

You yourself recognized it as a spoiler. Couldn't you have spoiler-tagged your OP and made the title "Capcom reveals DLC protagonist for RE7"?

I agree, Capcom made the dick move, but since you recognized it as such, it was a bad move to relay the info to us like that, IMO. Ruins some of my enjoyment of the game, but I'll live.

They already turned Claire into Toby Maguire, so I'm not sure why people are still so convinced this is 'fake' Chris...

still on Team FakeChris ;)

JayEH

Not really a spoiler since all it says who stars in the DLC which even capcom themselves posted.

I don't mind it Jaw, his appearance means nothing to the game and he affects jack shit. Besides his name is Redfield not Chris. Kennedy will show up in RE8 along with Burton and Alomar.

you literally say your surprised that capcom are saying this and spoiling the game so soon yet you rush straight on here and put it in the thread title.

there are people on here that haven't finished the game yet, you've already had one thread closed because you wanted to spoil the game.
At least remove the name from the thread title.

Jawmuncher

You yourself recognized it as a spoiler. Couldn't you have spoiler-tagged your OP and made the title "Capcom reveals DLC protagonist for RE7"?

I agree, Capcom made the dick move, but since you recognized it as such, it was a bad move to relay the info to us like that, IMO. Ruins some of my enjoyment of the game, but I'll live.

I suppose you're right. I just figured the rules would be if capcom reveals it we don't classify it as such. But I guess that isn't the case.

Boke1879

Seriously OP? Couldn't you omit the name in the title or something? There are people still trying to finish the game here.

How is it a spoiler when he's the main character for the DLC and Capcom themselves are advertising this? I mean i'm all for not showing too much shit.

But this is literally what the DLC is about. Should they have just kept the main character of this DLC a secret?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom