• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Redfield returns in the free Not A Hero DLC for RE7 this Spring with a new face

Status
Not open for further replies.

speiky

It's time to let it go.
2ITKzWi.gif

Darknight

Boy, some people can't let this thread title go can they? Jesus. Everyone is so overly sensitive about spoilers these days it makes my head hurt. Y'all weren't going to hide from this regardless it's all over news sites and social media.

If this wee little detail were that important to you you would do a complete social media/forum blackout until you're finished. Quit blaming other people for just reporting on news for "ruining" your experience.

I think something like "returning main RE character for upcoming DLC..." [spoilers] would have helped.

Ok fine everyone. :p

I think if you would take Chris's design from RE5 and implement it in RE7 with updated shaders and detail, he would look like one of the monsters.

CJCW

Not that. The fact that he's in the main game is the spoiler right in the first post.
This. Pointing out that
he's in the main game
ruins that surprise for people. Should've put that under spoiler text, regardless of what they tweeted.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Jawmuncher said:
But going back to Chris Redfield, now we can talk about his face. I can see a small resemblance. But it's still quite the change from RE1-6. Guessing this is due to the RE engine. so I wonder if this will cause other characters to look rather different due to this more realistic style the games will probably carry now. I personally don't mind his new look too much, but it's definitely not his best. I much prefer the more muscular look of 5 and 6.
I would expect most of them to look different because they're going to be based on scanning actual people from now on.

Neptonic

If I haven't played RE7 and went into this thread interested about it's Chris Redfield DLC, then saw people screaming about spoilers, I would realize that Chris Redfield is
probably a cameo character in RE7
. Reading the OP again, Jawmuncher is vague enough that only a person who has played the game knows what the spoiler is.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
This. Pointing out that
he's in the main game
ruins that surprise for people. Should've put that under spoiler text, regardless of what they tweeted.

Capcom don't consider that a spoiler now, because they are actually advertising him

Still hoping for a Made in Heaven type alternate universe. That would be cool and explain why Chris looks so different as well as
why Umbrella are the good guys now.

Also, the title is a total spoiler. His appearance isn't really that important but it was a nice surprise and acts kind of like a
reward for beating the game.
I would be pissed if I hadn't played it yet.

Neff

This is because of Resident Evil 7's photogrammetry tech. The voice actor is also the character model.

Nope. RE is one of the few series out there which doesn't do this. The VA and likeness actors are totally unrelated.

The full list of known RE7 likenesses is here.

I think the OP should be edited. Going "the press released it so whatever" is a bad look in this case because the game is less than a month old.

Really appreciate the fucking spoiler.

It's not a spoiler. In fact the thread title says he's returning in a DLC. That actually doesn't specify that he's in RE7 proper. He is, as you know this now by entering the thread, but the game's story has absolutely nothing to do with him. This doesn't ruin the story whatsoever.

hohoXD123

If I haven't played RE7 and went into this thread interested about it's Chris Redfield DLC, then saw people screaming about spoilers, I would realize that Chris Redfield is
. Reading the OP again, Jawmuncher is vague enough that only a person who has played the game knows what the spoiler is.

Pretty much, all the posts crying about spoilers are bigger spoilers than the OP

But why do that when he's literally the whole point of the DLC? It's not even a spoiler. How does this spoil anything from RE7?

Did you miss the part where OP made implicit reference to him in the base game?

Has since been deleted, but it ruined one good surprise for anyone who hasn't finished the game.

Doesn't matter now since the rest of the thread ran with it, and if it wasn't clear enough before, it sure is now.

SenkiDala

Tell me where OP spoiled the ending to RE7?

The title and the opening post don't say anything about the ending though.

As a fan of RE I was very happy/surprised to see Chris Redfield at the end... It is the revelation of the ending (not like the fact that oh surprise we beat the big bad monster of the game). :/

I don't care so much, I've finished the game, but for people who wanted to play it now, the surprise is gone. Even if OK it doesn't clearly say "after seeing him at the ending of RE7, see more in the new upcoming DLC"... It still says that the game is linked to the main storyline of RE, which wasn't sure at all before playing the game.

Jombie

Cool. I guess. Kind of a boring character model.

Is the second dlc worth it? Thought the first was throwaway - including the 'Bedroom' portion.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
It's not a spoiler. In fact the thread title says he's returning in a DLC. That actually doesn't specify that he's in RE7 proper. He is, as you know this now by entering the thread, but the game's story has absolutely nothing to do with him. This doesn't ruin the story whatsoever.
The OP has the spoiler, not the title itself.

Boke1879

Exactly the title didn't spoil shit. It was the people yelling "spoiler" that actually spoiled it. People who beat the game or looked it up themselves, and in that sense it's not even a spoiler anymore.

yatesl

Funnily enough, I wouldn't have thought this was a spoiler until everyone shouted spoiler. I'd have assumed it was a new story, but then people posted why.

Reminds me of every other topic/thread I've seen online about a game or show I've not seen yet, where I would have otherwise not given it a second thought.

Boke1879

As a fan of RE I was very happy/surprised to see Chris Redfield at the end... It is the revelation of the ending (not like the fact that oh surprise we beat the big bad monster of the game). :/

I don't care so much, I've finished the game, but for people who wanted to play it now, the surprise is gone. Even if OK it doesn't clearly say "after seeing him at the ending of RE7, see more in the new upcoming DLC"... It still says that the game is linked to the main storyline of RE, which wasn't sure at all before playing the game.

Ok. I never saw that, and I apologize.

sjay1994

I don't mind that they changed his face.

I am sad RCS is not voicing Chris anymore. He was probably the longest running VA for RE with him voicing Chris in RE5, REV, RE6 and MVC3.

The OP has the spoiler, not the title itself.

If it were me, and I hadn't played through RE7 yet, I would see the thread title, see that Chris is in some upcoming DLC and not necessarily in the game itself. And if I didn't want to know more, I probably wouldn't have entered the thread :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom