• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Redfield returns in the free Not A Hero DLC for RE7 this Spring with a new face

Status
Not open for further replies.
The face from RE6 and the CGI movies is probably too cartoony (or anime if you will) for RE7 aesthetics, but this looks like a completely different guy. If you told me it was Barry I would believe you.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
God damn spoiler whiners in this thread. This spoils notbing. Chris and the Umbrella helicopter mean nothing to the story of the game

fernoca

The people shouting spoiler were the ones that spoiled it. The title, neither the main post mention anything about said character appearing in the main game.

Jawmuncher

I VOTE WE KEEP YELLING AT JAWMUNCHER

maxresdefault.jpg

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
The news itself wasn't a spoiler, but the phrasing in the OP made it one.

Basically the entire thread going "SPOILERS" would have been avoided if it wasn't for that (or at least it should've been, but you never know here).

What about the phrasing in the OP is a spoiler? Title is almost a word-for-word with what Capcom wrote. Screenshots shown is what Capcom shown for the DLC. Nothing about the op states that he is in the main story.

What about the phrasing in the OP is a spoiler? Title is almost a word-for-word with what Capcom wrote. Screenshots shown is what Capcom shown for the DLC. Nothing about the op states that he is in the main story.

OP said "Surprised they're already showing off that Chris Redfield is in the game. Though it is about to be a month the game has been out."
By saying I'm 'surprised they're already showing off that Chris Redfield is IN THE GAME kinda implies he is in the game.

I don't even care about RE7, this thread has just annoyed me a lot.

ffdgh

Huh been a while since chris wasn't beefed up. Hope there aren't any boulders around that need to be punched.

Kazuhira

They need to hire Julia Voth again if they are trying to catch their original looks.
I would have passed out of happiness if the person behind the mask was Jill with Julia's face..."I'm Valentine".

OP said "Surprised they're already showing off that Chris Redfield is in the game. Though it is about to be a month the game has been out."
By saying I'm 'surprised they're already showing off that Chris Redfield is IN THE GAME kinda implies he is in the game.

I don't even care about RE7, this thread has just annoyed me a lot.

People sensitive to spoilers that hasn't played a game yet probably shouldn't enter a thread and read an OP about DLC. The thread title itself certainly does not indicate that Chris was in RE7 proper.

Idk in 6 he looked liked older imo. Better be a great fucking story behind this dlc to explain shit.

I think he just looked... bigger lol. The up close pic of his face in the OP definitely looks more like a rugged middle aged man to me that has just seen way too much shit.

benzy

Such a generic looking dude to scan for Chris though.

If they ever decide to put in Jill with the new art direction they better fucking scan Julia Voth and not some nobody who makes us question whether it's even Jill Valentine.

juliavothjillvalentine012jpg-c7380bjpg-19be22_1280w.jpg

MadSexual

The face is eh... but,

This isn't a spoiler, folks. This is like finding out which character dies in a murder mystery. If you're so upset to find out that Chris has an appearance, you can look forward to figuring out what reason he has for being there.
And be disappointed and confused why you were upset about this in the first place.

Ah man... Not even a spoiler tag for those of us who haven't finished the game. Cheers...

It's publicly-released information. It's news. New news = new thread.

I guess he could have made the title something like "Classic character returns in RE7 DLC" but then the narrative would be that he spoiled that there was a returning character in RE7, even though not really because the thread title just says DLC and isn't about the main game. I can't say it's Jawmuncher's fault for making a thread where the very title is a red flag, no, wailing siren for people who haven't finished the game and yet people who haven't finished the game are checking it out anyway.

Vamphuntr

If they ever decide to put in Jill with the new art direction they better fucking scan Julia Voth and not some nobody who makes us question whether it's even Jill Valentine.

[img.]http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2016/01/05/juliavothjillvalentine012jpg-c7380bjpg-19be22_1280w.jpg[/img]

Whoa. She really looks like her. Hopefully if this is really the same Chris from the previous games I hope Jill does a cameo appearance. There was some unused models from the previous RE Engine talk before so who knows.

Whoa. She really looks like her. Hopefully if this is really the same Chris from the previous games I hope Jill does a cameo appearance. There was some unused models from the previous RE Engine talk before so who knows.
That's because it is her. She was the model for Jill.

Mengetsu

juliavothjillvalentine012jpg-c7380bjpg-19be22_1280w.jpg
You think they care? Look at Revelations 2 they didn't even hire Alyson Court back to voice Claire who has been doing the part since the beginning. I ended up not playing it cause it was just to jarring of a change. I swear if they don't get her back for REmake 2...

benzy

Capcom used Julia to model Jill for REmake and kept her likeness for the majority of the series.

You think they care? Look at Revelations 2 they didn't even hire Alyson Court back to voice Claire who has been doing the part since the beginning. I ended up not playing it cause it was just to jarring of a change :/

You didn't play the game because of that? She still sounded like Claire enough. Just a bit older, which... makes sense.

Also like 0% chance she'll do the remake lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom