• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Redfield returns in the free Not A Hero DLC for RE7 this Spring with a new face

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think they care? Look at Revelations 2 they didn't even hire Alyson Court back to voice Claire who has been doing the part since the beginning. I ended up not playing it cause it was just to jarring of a change. I swear if they don't get her back for REmake 2...
It sucks about the change, but Rev 2 is a good game. The new VA is still good.

kc44135

Damn, Chris confirmed, huh? I don't mind we're getting the character himself back (I'm happy about it, even). I just wish Capcom would stop giving their characters extreme makeovers and changing their VA's between every game/movie/whatever. It sucks.
Best Chris 😘
n9uF3WK.jpg
Puh-lease. REmake Chris is best Chris (my avatar always and forever) with RE5 Chris a close second (cuz Boulder pawnching). Movie Chris sucks. He should stop besmirching Chris's good name, and just go find a prison to break out of or something. ;)

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yes "Chris".
The guy who threw you a pistol named Albert while flying around in a Umbrella helicopter and is starring in DLC titled Not a Hero.

Sure!

Vamphuntr

Capcom used Julia to model Jill for REmake and kept her likeness for the majority of the series.

Ah makes sense! The Revelations Jill/RE5 doesn't look much like her though.

Now someone find me the explanation for Claire's look in Revelations 2 :/

Fans of Julia Voth should watch a movie called Bitch Slap.

It's not really a good movie. Just saying. At least skim through it.

Mengetsu

You didn't play the game because of that? She still sounded like Claire enough. Just a bit older, which... makes sense.

Also like 0% chance she'll do the remake lol
I see people talk about they don't play games because of how a character looks. This is my thing :/

It sucks about the change, but Rev 2 is a good game. The new VA is still good.
I might play it someday when it goes on sale but, I have no interest right now. I heard it's a good game.

Gren

Lol I literally just finished the game last night. I had heard rumblings about a cameo, & suspected Chris as much.

I was taken aback by his new appearance, but only in comparison to his recent RE5/6 look. Otherwise, I could sort of see the resemblance to his more slender RE1 design (concept art, not in-game model).

How the fuck is he gonna punch some shit talking boulders looking like that?

give me roid Chris or nothing at all

oh and yeah the real spoilers were from the people crying about spoilers, didn't know anything about him being in the main game, good thing I don't care.

I hate this redesign. Chris Redfield is a character with an iconic look. This is just a random man. If you didn't already know this was supposed to be Chris, you would never recognize him.

What Iconic look ?

He looks virtually NOTHING alike in RE 1, Code Veronica/REmake, and RE5.

And yet when RE5 was first teased, everyone automatically knew it was Chris in the trailer, despite his redesign and the silence from Capcom as to the character's identity.

No one looked at pictures of this guy and went "oh yeah that's totally Chris."

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
OP said "Surprised they're already showing off that Chris Redfield is in the game. Though it is about to be a month the game has been out."
By saying I'm 'surprised they're already showing off that Chris Redfield is IN THE GAME kinda implies he is in the game.

I don't even care about RE7, this thread has just annoyed me a lot.

I don't see it in the OP. he must have changed it then.

I fully expect for that to not be Chris.

At the end he says "I'm Redfield."

Capcom's Tweet says
Chris Redfield returns in the free ”Not A Hero" DLC for #RE7 this Spring.

In the game's credits-- yep-- Chris Redfield!

And some of you guys still don't think it's Chris Redfield, who obviously just got a redesign to match up with RE7's visual style and character designs, but think it could be HUNK, a character that nobody but diehard RE fans knows jack and shit about.

Oh lads. Hopefully he shows us his birth certificate in the DLC.

Isotropy

Chris is supposed to look like the sort of guy who would just punch you in two, like a giant boulder. And you'd smile and be grateful.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Ah man... Not even a spoiler tag for those of us who haven't finished the game. Cheers...

I don't get this. Why will people assume Chris Redfield is in the game story based on the title?

Its akin to saying Barry Burton returns in the Mercenary mode for RE5.

Hey maybe we'll finally see Sheva again.

Oh wait, there was already that cop at the beginning of RE7.

Capcom Japan has met their quota LOL!

I'm only six hours in

I hate it. That isn't Chris.
It honestly probably isn't lol
I reject this game's existence if this is actually him tbh. His RE-5-6-R look was perfect.

At the end he says "I'm Redfield."

Capcom's Tweet says

In the game's credits-- yep-- Chris Redfield!

And some of you guys still don't think it's Chris Redfield, who obviously just got a redesign to match up with RE7's visual style and character designs, but think it could be HUNK, a character that nobody but diehard RE fans knows jack and shit about.

Oh lads. Hopefully he shows us his birth certificate in the DLC.
I'm getting flashbacks to the ads for RE5 where Chris is kneeling in front of Jill's tombstone.

I hate it. That isn't Chris.
It honestly probably isn't lol
I reject this game's existence if this is actually him tbh. His RE-5-6-R look was perfect.

He looks closer to how he did in Code Veronica, just older. I don't see how this is a problem just because 5 and 6 were basically superhero movies and people were human gyms and everyone knew how to do this to zombies

r2Okk909NS60E.gif

Toxi

Banned
This is easily Chris's worst and most generic look yet. Lame.
His face is actually very distinct. It's weird going from the whitebread RE5 look to this one; he almost looks stereotypically villainous.

Though the rest of him is generic as fuck.

Sesha

Screw Chris. I want Jill back. Chronologically she hasn't been seen since 2009, and her last starring role was in Revelations which took place in 2005. Where's my Resident Evil Jill: Revengeance, Capcom?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom