• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Rock - Selective Outrage. New stand-up special streaming live tonight on Netflix

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Pretty fire set. Shout out to Lola.

Getting Old 30 Rock GIF

VN1X

Banned

Omfg, Chris Rock had Michael Jackson and OJ Simpson jokes?! My original take stands lol. Thank fuck I didn't waste my time with it. Also glad my opinion is somewhat vindicated by my guy Lewis about Rock's delivery, just so obnoxious.

Disclaimer: this is not a personal attack to those who DID enjoy the special. More power to ya. Interesting discussion regarding the reception in the vid anyway.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Omfg, Chris Rock had Michael Jackson and OJ Simpson jokes?! My original take stands lol. Thank fuck I didn't waste my time with it. Also glad my opinion is somewhat vindicated by my guy Lewis about Rock's delivery, just so obnoxious.

Disclaimer: this is not a personal attack to those who DID enjoy the special. More power to ya. Interesting discussion regarding the reception in the vid anyway.

Why watch someone’s analysis of a comedy special instead of just watching the comedy special itself…

VN1X

Banned
Why watch someone’s analysis of a comedy special instead of just watching the comedy special itself…
In case you actually care: I sometimes have podcasts on during certain types games and Lewis usually has good takes. In this case he affirmed my suspicions regarding Chris' Netflix special (which I could only muster about 10 minutes of myself before turning it off).

Last edited:

Mistake

I saw this yesterday. I’m not really a fan of his delivery, but it wasn’t bad. Not great, but not bad. The beginning set the tone for the rest, so no surprises. I appreciate his moderate approach though

I kind of have to agree with the guy in the video. Chris Rock's delivery didn't really work for me - only when he was doing the Will Smith bits. I saw the special and honestly can't remember any of the jokes other than the Will Smith stuff. I felt the same way about his last special Tambourine, which was so forgettable I'm now starting to question whether I even watched it.

Top Bottom