• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christ on a fucking bike lads..

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
No. Politics.
"So far in 2023, 11,523 people have died from gun violence in the U.S, as of April 10, according to the Gun Violence Archive – which is an average of roughly 115 deaths each day"

I know its a seriously hot topic with you Yanks but Jesus 11,523 deaths so far this year?!!? i honestly cant wrap my head around this figure.

In all seriousness how the hell do you even solve something that's so embedded in American Culture that kills so many people, i mean 398 were teens and 71 were children for crying out loud, apologies if this is too political or whatnot but as a father to 2 kids the figure of 71 kids killed and its not even May struck home.

Vestal

Gold Member
Its a topic that needs serious, open and completely honest discussion. Unfortunately the G word is one of the 3rd rails in American Politics and the mere mention of the word usually brings out the worst in people.

Unfortunately the gun lobby has made it almost impossible for the Fed to keep track of gun violence or invest any money in its research through the DIckey Amendment passed in 97..

Im not american so not very known in that aspect, was just curious if it has grown or decreased over the years. You;'d think it would've dropped a ton with the pandemic but the numbers in OP are quite insane.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Its a topic that needs serious, open and completely honest discussion. Unfortunately the G word is one of the 3rd rails in American Politics and the mere mention of the word usually brings out the worst in people.
I get it, the American wild west, civil war and all that, read enough books on the subject to see where it all came from but it's the lack of will to do something about it that just blows my mind, sure you get the far left want to ban em, ain't gonna happen that ship has long sailed and then the far right want no restrictions imposed on ownership but you'd think the vast majority of Americans no matter what side they so vehemently support can agree that guns should be treated at the very minimum as something akin to getting a driver's license and driving a car, i.e. you need to be a certain age, you need a clean record, you need to take a test AND you need to pay insurance to cover the costs of all the shits that arises through owning something thats sole purpose is too kill other human beings... I mean it's a fucking start and so obvious to those of us in the sane world that I can't quite figure out why it's not a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom