• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christian Bale becomes real life Bruce Wayne as he builds dedicated foster facility for kids

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/feb/08/christian-bale-to-build-12-foster-homes-in-california

The Batman actor has been developing the idea since the birth of his daughter in 2005, after being ‘stunned and mad’ to learn how many children were in care in California.

Christian Bale has led a tour round the new village in California where he plans to build 12 foster homes, as well as two studio flats to help children transition into independent living, and a 7,000 sq ft community centre.

“Imagine the absolute pain and the trauma of losing your parents or being torn from your parents, and then losing your brothers and sisters on top of that. That’s no way to treat kids. And so, we will be the hub for that. I hope that this village will be the first of many, and I hope that people, Californians and Angelenos, know to come join us in opening our eyes to what’s happening right under our noses. These are our children, and we must help our children.”

Work is under way on the project, which has an estimated cost of $22m (£17.5m) and completion date of 2025. Situated next to a park in Palmdale, a city 60 miles north of Los Angeles, the village will be the first of its kind in the state.

bruce wayne batman GIF
batman robin GIF

jason10mm

Gold Member
Hmmm, so a little detached community where orphaned children can be housed and educated, play in their own rec center away from anyone else? Alas, my cynicism and the hollywood connection raises some red flags. Who are gonna be the foster parents? Will they rent these homes?

I'm sure these details are all vetted and it's all on the up and up and Bale seems like a stand up bloke but after the past few years, anything hollywood and kids makes me side-eye.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Amazing job. Have family in Palmdale too. I love the drive when you come out of the mountains and see the city for the first time.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Oh quelle fucking surprise. This asshole builds a orphan village and he gets called a hero. I try to build a sauna for confused cheerleaders and I get called a pervert. WTF. There ain’t no justice in this world.

First of all, a metal lined basement with a three bar heater and four blood stained mattresses is not ‘a sauna’. And all that screaming didn’t mean they were ‘confused’.

Please report to the pharmacy for an increase in your medication.

Valedix

Oh quelle fucking surprise. This asshole builds a orphan village and he gets called a hero. I try to build a sauna for confused cheerleaders and I get called a pervert. WTF. There ain’t no justice in this world.
You had me in the first half lol

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
If Christian Bale is the Bruce Wayne in this situation, which actor is the Joker that’s gonna try and blow it up?

RagnarokIV

If Christian Bale is the Bruce Wayne in this situation, which actor is the Joker that’s gonna try and blow it up?
Someone like jared leto (ironically the worst Joker). He’s an incredibly shit actor and a nutjob who thinks he’s at the Daniel Day-Lewis level of acting.

Top Bottom