• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CI Games Announces Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 (2016)

jelmerjt

Due for release in the first half of 2016 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

CI Games Announces Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3
Lords of the Fallen Developer Brings AAA Production to Popular Shooter Franchise, Slated for 2016 Launch

WARSAW, Poland - Dec. 16, 2014 - Internationally acclaimed game developer, publisher and distributor CI Games today revealed that it is deep in the development of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3, marking the popular tactical shooter franchise’s first AAA production effort. Due for release in the first half of 2016 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 is being created from the ground up by an all-star development team that includes Steve Hart, former senior producer of Rebellion’s Sniper Elite V2, as well as combat veteran and former Marine Paul B. Robinson, who has an extensive resume of game development reaching back over 20 years.

“The Sniper: Ghost Warrior franchise is one of the most popular in the CI Games portfolio with over 5.5 million copies sold, so we’re investing a significant amount of effort into the third installment,“ said Marek Tyminski, CEO, CI Games. “We’re fully committed to creating a AAA franchise that gamers can rely on for the ultimate first-person sniper experience.”

Set in a modern day conflict based in Eastern Europe, players will be thrust into the role of a sniper caught between three warring factions, played out in a realistic and immersive environment. Dig deep into the Ghost Warrior DNA as you choose between taking out your targets up close or from a distance, while at the same time focusing on your survival through evasion and stealth. Non-linear, sandbox-style gameplay on large open-ended maps gives players the flexibility to play and replay the missions in a number of different ways. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 will offer intriguing challenges for tactically-minded gamers, while still remaining accessible to first-person shooter fans.

VHRfZai.jpg

A sequel no-one really cares for announced 18 months in advance with no footage? Uh, yay?

EDIT - holy fuck, over 5.5 million sales?! Who the hell is buying this series? Last I heard GW1 had sold over 2 million copies.

Skyzard

Banned
wait, this and sniper elite aren't the same series?

I just had to recheck my steam library for the name of the sniper game ha.

-I think I even played a bit of GW2 - which seemed alright iirc, and I still thought it was the same game even when I was buying elite 3 lol.

Com_Raven

I wonder where does CI got all the money to burn on those buggy and mediocre games.

(Hey I'm a full member :D)

Whoa, hold on- Lords of the Fallen is a pretty good game in my book! And I was happy with Enemy Front, since there haven't been a whole lot of WW2 FPS since CoD declared that genre dead :p

Sini

Good for them. First one was okay, I kinda enjoyed it. I haven't played second one, but it had supposedly improved a lot over first game.
I expect this to be huge improvement as well.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder where does CI got all the money to burn on those buggy and mediocre games.

First 2 games sold ~5mln copies total (that's probably shipped as that's what they usually use).

Whoa, hold on- Lords of the Fallen is a pretty good game in my book! And I was happy with Enemy Front, since there haven't been a whole lot of WW2 FPS since CoD declared that genre dead :p

This baby using CE too?

I hope they exapnd on the sandbox nature of being a sniper. AA sim game would be more interesting than something attempting to be cinematic.

Darker

Banned
A sequel no-one really cares for announced 18 months in advance with no footage? Uh, yay?

EDIT - holy fuck, over 5.5 million sales?! Who the hell is buying this series? Last I heard GW1 had sold over 2 million copies.

Hoisted by your own retard.

Glad this will become an option, always have a sniper itch to scratch. Not sure on the focus on uber-optic-super-tech that'll probably be wallhacking bullshit, but the mention of 'tactically-minded' gameplay is a nice opening.

KKRT00

This baby using CE too?

I hope they exapnd on the sandbox nature of being a sniper. AA sim game would be more interesting than something attempting to be cinematic.

Yep, this question seems quite relevant. CE again or are they transitioning to their engine from Lord of the Fallen?

Jackpot

Banned
Sam Fisher has three goddamn scopes on his NVG's? Fuck it, we'll put on four.

"That's a futuristic gadget that enhances the field of view of the sniper!"

"Then why is the FOV set to 60° without a slider?"

"hum..."

those are the NVGs US spec ops currently use.

tumblr_mew4aeYuHN1rvhbxso1_500.jpg

I want a good sniping game. Is this one?

not really. I greatly prefer modern day to WW2 but Sniper Elite makes you actually feel like a sniper. Ghost Warrior is essentially a low-budget shooter with all the guns except sniper rifles removed. Doesn't even have an anti-material segment.

Everyone else has stopped chasing that Call of Duty money, you can too, CI Games.

Last time I checked...COD wasn't a Sniper game!
From what I've seen though, 'realistic' sniper games just seem to have their own little niche that seems to sell. I'm sure they could be trying to appeal to the COD crowd in a sense, a COD focused on sniping could appeal to a ton of people, but realistic Sniper games have been selling well for quite a while. If CI games keeps making money, then why not keep making sequels.

Top Bottom