• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen Poor Release Reception made CI Games stock Fall 18% | Game Releases with "Mixed" Steam Reviews

Draugoth

Gold Member
Seems that CiGames put a lot of hope in the game

Shares in the Polish video game producer CI Games (CIG.WA) have dropped by as much as 18%, reaching a six-month low. This follows the release of the company’s newest game, “Lords of the Fallen,” which has received low reviews. The PC version of the game currently has an average rating of 76 on the 100-point Metacritic scale, with reviewers highlighting technical issues that need improvement. The PlayStation 5 version fares slightly lower with a rating of 73.

Despite positive comments on the game’s execution and unique features, such as the ability to swap between two versions of the game world, reviewers expressed frustration with the technical problems. IGN, a prominent U.S. video game and entertainment website, praised “Lords of the Fallen” as a great entry in the challenging subgenre of action role-playing games known as “soulslike.” However, the review also highlighted the highly annoying technical issues that detracted from the overall experience.

IQ0qkci.png
game-is-now-mostly-negative-on-steam-reviews-talking-about-v0-120ekiedlztb1.png

Analysts, such as Piotr Bogusz from Erste Group, speculate that the game’s relatively low average rating and issues with the Xbox release may have a negative impact on sales. Currently ranked third on Steam Global Top Sellers, user ratings will play a crucial role in maintaining its position, but the technical problems could deter potential buyers. CI Games has a total budget of approximately 200 million zlotys for the game’s production and marketing. Analysts estimate a sales target of 1.4-1.5 million copies, but achieving this goal may be challenging with the current ratings.

CI Games’ shares experienced heavy losses the day prior to the release of “Lords of the Fallen,” and the downward trend continued with a further drop of 13.6%. The stock price reached 3.89 zlotys, with a previous low of 3.68 zlotys. The game is set to release for PC and PlayStation 5, with the release for Xbox Series X|S following once a patch is launched. “Lords of the Fallen” has three versions available, priced at $69.99 for the standard edition, $79.99 for the deluxe edition, and $249.99 for the collector’s edition. CI Games’ most successful game series to date is “Sniper Ghost Warrior,” which has sold over 13 million copies, and the first version of “Lords of the Fallen” sold over three million copies upon its release in 2014.

Last edited:

Thief1987

CI Games sounds familiar. Are they the same ones that have mostly made bottom tier shovelware? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Well, yeah, they released tons of very low budget games. Lords of the Fallen and Sniper Ghost Warrior are their most known IPs

Like I said in the other thread, as a soulslike game, it has some fundamental design flaws.

Extremely aggressive on stacking enemies on maps, you are constantly 1v5 in combat, I mean, this is what musou games do, not souls games.

The combat makes a huge emphasis on parry, break stance, and execution, but perfect parry just like normal block, will lower down your health pool, meaning the more you perfect parry, the weaker you are (until you critical hit to gain back the health).

Broken NG+ systems, it appears that in the new game plus you will permanently lose all the "bonfires" and instead can only have a temporary one that cost you limited materials. This is very much against soulslike's free exploration experience.

Not to mention the broken aggro and optimization issues. It's gonna take a very long time for the dev to fix the game.

Look at the insanity of stacking mobs.
chSXxkS.jpg

Last edited:

Ribi

Historically, souls likes that aren't from FROm aren't that big of games. Why did they put so much into this? They're seem as cheap imitations that are time wasters.

That's sad. They are really big Fromsoft fans and I was hopeful that they would do well. It should have stayed on UE4 and been delayed till next year.

Lokaum D+

good, next time optimize your U$70 game

Also
Good, enough of the copy-paste Souls wannabes.
This! As someone who enjoys FROM games A LOT, I’m getting sick of this trend…..there are other type of games out there.

What is up with this logic ? only From can release souls games now ? From fanboys really need to stop sucking Froms dick, Jesus, there is a lot of great and amazing souls-like out there.

Last edited:
You'd think rebooting your bargain bin Souls clone nobody really cared about would make you wanna knock it out of the absolute fucking park to prove everyone wrong. Alas...

That first game sucked ass. You better break out a 9/10+ to even make me want to look that way after being stuffed to the gills from Elden Ring especially.

Lokaum D+

Game is trash. The fact ANY streamers or creators hyped you guys up for this shit really should paint a picture lol.

The only souls player I tend to agree with on stuff is Avoidingthepuddle/Aris, and he uninstalled it on stream and got a refund earlier today.
i saw a lot of streamers that praised the game saying that they were invited a lot of times to test the game and give devs feedbacks, i think there is a lot of bias in some reviews, i m waiting for Iron Pinapple Review, he is my Souls-like reviewer that i trust.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Bought on ps5 and refunded it games shit in there. Bought for pc on steam and it’s sooo much better in top end rig. Buttery smooth however I’m really annoyed that I still can’t beat the first boss after 3-4 hours of leveling the starting areas.

Game doesn’t want to seem to block attacks at all and multiplayer doesn’t seem to be working. If anyone can carry me as a friend invite for the first boss I’d appreciate it.

I just want to play the game not prove I’m a badass let me adjust the difficulty developers stop making me hate your games cause I’m not l33t… it should be fun

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
i saw a lot of streamers that praised the game saying that they were invited a lot of times to test the game and give devs feedbacks, i think there is a lot of bias in some reviews, i m waiting for Iron Pinapple Review, he is my Souls-like reviewer that i trust.

Even if the only one I tend to align with said it was good/bad, I still would play it. These games are very very need hands on to get a feel. The knock offs that is. FS just gets it.

I don’t want to go down the tinfoil hat but it does seem folks got some kind of pay or shwag or something to hype this up.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Bought on ps5 and refunded it games shit in there. Bought for pc on steam and it’s sooo much better in top end rig. Buttery smooth however I’m really annoyed that I still can’t beat the first boss after 3-4 hours of leveling the starting areas.

Game doesn’t want to seem to block attacks at all and multiplayer doesn’t seem to be working. If anyone can carry me as a friend invite for the first boss I’d appreciate it.

I just want to play the game not prove I’m a badass let me adjust the difficulty developers stop making me hate your games cause I’m not l33t… it should be fun

This genre isn’t for that. It’s for those who want to be challenged.

That said isn’t there a way to summon a random person into your world ? I’ve been playing offline. The parry window is extremely lenient. First major bosses in these games is called a “filter.” Basically if you can’t hang here you’ll be screwed going forward even more so. It “filters” out low skill players to usually uninstall and move on.

Do you have history with this genre and other titles to complete any of them ?

If not this game is a… rough one to do it with since it isn’t the fromsoft formula, and it has a LOT of issues as a game proper to recommend it as your first souls like.

If you want to stick with it, set a goal during boss attempts. “This run I’m going to learn the parry timing on her 3 hit move so I always parry all 3 hits.” “This run I’m going to perfect the first half of the boss to not need a heal and not die to umbral.” Master her moves and achieve small goals to bring it all together to win.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
This genre isn’t for that. It’s for those who want to be challenged.

That said isn’t there a way to summon a random person into your world ? I’ve been playing offline. The parry window is extremely lenient. First major bosses in these games is called a “filter.” Basically if you can’t hang here you’ll be screwed going forward even more so. It “filters” out low skill players to usually uninstall and move on.

Do you have history with this genre and other titles to complete any of them ?

If not this game is a… rough one to do it with since it isn’t the fromsoft formula, and it has a LOT of issues as a game proper to recommend it as your first souls like.

If you want to stick with it, set a goal during boss attempts. “This run I’m going to learn the parry timing on her 3 hit move so I always parry all 3 hits.” “This run I’m going to perfect the first half of the boss to not need a heal and not die to umbral.” Master her moves and achieve small goals to bring it all together to win.
will they filter back my 70.00??/ Let me play the damn game easier..

Futaleufu

Like I said in the other thread, as a soulslike game, it has some fundamental design flaws.

Extremely aggressive on stacking enemies on maps, you are constantly 1v5 in combat, I mean, this is what musou games do, not souls games.

The combat makes a huge emphasis on parry, break stance, and execution, but perfect parry just like normal block, will lower down your health pool, meaning the more you perfect parry, the weaker you are (until you critical hit to gain back the health).

Broken NG+ systems, it appears that in the new game plus you will permanently lose all the "bonfires" and instead can only have a temporary one that cost you limited materials. This is very much against soulslike's free exploration experience.

Not to mention the broken aggro and optimization issues. It's gonna take a very long time for the dev to fix the game.

chSXxkS.jpg

How is 1 vs 5 a design flaw? Dark Souls 2 and Nioh did the same too and nobody complained.

And how did people reach NG+ already on release day? Isn't the game too easy then?

I hope they weather the storm and fix up the game like CDproject Red did with Cyberpunk. I think maybe the publisher needed a cash infusion, but they should have made it clear that this was an early access game to not make a bad first impression.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
If you got it on steam and are under 2 hours you can absolutely refund it.

Did you do no research into what you were buying lol ?
I know the genre and I like it. Im just finding that more and more games are just making things hard for the sake of making them hard so they can have the label of "HARD" im a consumer I love the idea of the game the mixing of the two realms. But I hate the bosses because instead of me enjoying what little time I have to game, now I have to study physics and understand every nuance in order to beat them. Or I grind my character 12 levels higher than I should need to have a chance at fighting them.

I get it I want you guys to have your ass handed to you I games so you feel special, but why can't they allow difficulty levels for these game? or at least if you die 6 times to boss they scale the level or something?

Itchy Tickles

Neo Member
Game runs quite good for me (well in comparison to peoples comments and reviews I expected a lot worse) hasn't yet dropped below 60 from about 80+ usually when stuff is loading, but hasn't actually YET been distracting. Don't have FSR enabled and didn't see any DLSS option, I'm on a 3090 so not sure if DLSS 2+ is there or only 3) Feels like it kinda stutters a bit at save points and the first time in an area using the lamp, but in combat so far, it has been smooth in my maybe 2 hours play. Can it be better? Absolutely. I kinda don't blame the anger from a lot of people due to the fact that so many games have been released in such rotten states, it is exhausting, but I haven't found this game to be as offensive as others. Again, I know experiences vary, just saying I'm not disgusted in its performance like other games.

Side Note - Those Souls fans being wannabe gatekeepers is cringy and sad, I feel kinda sad for them to be honest. Also feel sorry for people who live and die by what a streamer says. Gather information and then decide, not just going "OMG MY streamer refunded it on stream, I'm not buying it!!!!" And some of the streamers mentioned, my god, but to each their own.

How is 1 vs 5 a design flaw? Dark Souls 2 and Nioh did the same too and nobody complained.

And how did people reach NG+ already on release day? Isn't the game too easy then?
Dark souls 2 never had constant 1v5 encounters, don't be hyperbolic. Nioh borrows bonfire and respawn system but it is more of a unique looter driven action RPG rather than a souls like. And there were actually quite a lot of complains about mob stacking when Nioh 2 came out. Imo, the traditional souls game combat is more tactic focused, your most efficient strike is usually the fight back during the recovery window after you have blocked/evaded enemies move set. Nioh is combat is more of a descendent from Ninja Gaiden where you are encouraged to actively unleash fancy combos, so 1v5 in Nioh isn't really a problem.

As for NG+. There are many any with early copies, they have played 50+ hours and reached NG+.

Game's bosses aren't very hard for 1. move sets of many are much easy to recognize and avoid (let's say compared to lies of P), 2. many time you are paired with a strong summon npc in boss fights that take all the aggro. More so, many bosses simply become elites in later maps, and the game actually stack them with multiple copies.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I haven’t gotten to try it, but by judging what everyone else has said. Who gets to play test these games? I wonder sometimes.

Hot5pur

It seems the way to play modern games these days is to wait a good 3-4 months until they fix them.
So many half broken releases it's a joke, when will people learn not to pre-order.
UE5 looks good but technically it doesn't look good enough for how poorly it performs.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It seems the way to play modern games these days is to wait a good 3-4 months until they fix them.
So many half broken releases it's a joke, when will people learn not to pre-order.
UE5 looks good but technically it doesn't look good enough for how poorly it performs.
Except not all modern games are like that, this year alone bunch of games came out that worked perfectly on release.

Luipadre

chSXxkS.jpg

Game is ugly af

GymWolf

Also

What is up with this logic ? only From can release souls games now ? From fanboys really need to stop sucking Froms dick, Jesus, there is a lot of great and amazing souls-like out there.
Don't waste your time with fromsoft integralists dude.

It's their loss.

Rykan

Also

Can we stop calling this game a "Souls like"? Call it what it is: A knock off. A rip off. That's what it is. This isn't a game "Inspired" by souls like game, its intent is to copy every single defining aspect of it, from its gameplay to its design to its aesthetics.

Last edited:

DragonNCM

Looks to me like wait 1y more.....

Ar¢tos

Are they gonna blame Hexenworks like they did with Deck 13 for the mediocre reviews of the original LotF?

winjer

Gold Member
It's not the first time we see this thing happen.
But companies continue to try their luck, constantly releasing broken games.

I didn't want to be too negative about it in the few threads I posted about it in, but how could you not see this coming? The footage released just wasn't up to scratch, there was always something off about it.

I hope they get around to fixing it because I would like to play a finished version of the game at some point.

StereoVsn

I don’t understand why they thought remaking a mediocre game nobody cared about was a good idea in the first place.

Lords of the Fallen got panned the first time. Try something else for gods sake.

simpatico

Game is trash. The fact ANY streamers or creators hyped you guys up for this shit really should paint a picture lol.

The only souls player I tend to agree with on stuff is Avoidingthepuddle/Aris, and he uninstalled it on stream and got a refund earlier today.
Souls creators needed something to make content about.

Top Bottom