• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of The Fallen reportedly sold 400,000 copies on Steam in the first 72 hours

Draugoth

Gold Member
1697530810-e8ef9f9e5f10735c597e664dce6164db_crop.webp

In the first three days of its release on Steam, Lords of the Fallen achieved remarkable success in terms of sales and revenue. According to GameSensor's estimation, the game generated approximately $20 million in sales revenue, with nearly 400,000 copies sold during the same period on Steam. These impressive figures underline the game's popularity among players.
While Lords of the Fallen's sales have been outstanding, its critical reception has been a mixed bag. On Steam, the game holds an average rating of almost 3 stars out of 5, reflecting a diverse range of player opinions. Metacritic, the renowned review aggregator, rates the PC version of the game at 7.2 out of 10 from players. Critics awarded the game 76 points out of 100, emphasizing the varied opinions about the game's overall quality and gameplay experience.

ssringo

I'm really enjoying the game and think it's way better than reviews indicate. But at the same time I get it. There's been some serious performance issues and questionable design decisions.

Worth noting is the devs have been patching damn near everyday (on PC) fixing bugs, performance and balancing stuff. There's a lot of effort and care put into the game. Just wish launch had gone better for them. Probably should've done a demo/beta weekend.

Last edited:

GHG

Honestly if they could have sorted out the performance issues prior to launch then they would have had a gem on their hands.

I've not had any issues on my hardware (which is expected to be fair) and it's been excellent. There are mechanics here that are genuinely unique for the souls-like genre which is to be commended.

Kurotri

I would like to add that the source seems really dubious. Just look at the text, it reads like something ChatGPT would write. IMO should be taken with a pinch of salt.

yamaci17

Good. Even though i didn't buy it. Always good to know PC gamers don't care about metascore.
quite probably out of 350k of that 400k do not care about graphics as well

no point of pushing ue5 unnecessarily upon people. this has to stop. most people have average hardware and clearly ue5 is not meant for the run off the mill 8-10 GB VRAM, 16 GB RAM, couple gens old i5/r5 rigs

same for sx and ps5 too. let this be a lost generation. not a generation that forces useless gimmick features upon people at weird resolutions

Kataploom

Gold Member
Seems like a pretty good game so I'm happy it's getting success, hope the criticism helps the devs for future entries

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Sleeper hit of the year.
Actually that title belongs to Armored Core VI, similar to 13 Sentinels its got really good reception and most people who played it absolutely loved the game but I feel like it getting overlooked because apparently people have some kid of allergic to mechs.

I'm someone who absolutely LOVED Elden Ring but I can safely say I enjoyed ACVI even more.

Last edited:
400k on only steam is an awesome number so that means combining ps5 and series X its sold more than a million copies atleast

RoboFu

One of the green rats
The first game was total shit so I didn’t believe for a sec this one would be any different. That, and I usually can’t stand souls wannabes .

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Puts the number of angry reviewers into perspective. On PC the issues aren't as wide spread as people believe. A few thousand negative reviews within a few days is nothing compared to the 400k it sold. I didn't have any issues.

It's awesome. My favorite souls like.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Actually that title belongs to Armored Core VI, similar to 13 Sentinels its got really good reception and most people who played it absolutely loved the game but I feel like it getting overlooked because apparently people have some kid of allergic to mechs.

I'm someone who absolutely LOVED Elden Ring but I can safely say I enjoyed ACVI even more.
No it doesn't

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It doesn't.
That game had some hype and didn't get review bombed from salty pc based publications because of poor performance.
Honestly I felt like the only person who was hyping for Armored Core VI was me and very few people and others didn't care because it was mecha game and didn't have "high tech graphics".

It was like 13 Senitnels before release all over again....meanwhile there were much more hype for LotF because in here people are desperate for any "Souls-like" with high tech graphics.

NanaMiku

I don't get why people hate mechs. They're awesome! 13 Sentinels is really interesting case. People don't like VN and mechs lol.

Draugoth

Gold Member
The first game was total shit so I didn’t believe for a sec this one would be any different. That am I usually can’t stand souls wannabes .

The first game was mediocre.

The sequel has some terrible but fixeable design flaws that could have made it very good.

Honestly if they could have sorted out the performance issues prior to launch then they would have had a gem on their hands.
Thankfully games don’t expire as fast as milk, so they’ll still have a gem after everything’s patched up. If anything I can see it getting a bump in sales once it hits 39.99.

Top Bottom