• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Circumcision ban to appear on San Francisco ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned
MagniHarvald said:
Elaborate please?

Normal guys:Kids shouldn't get circumcisions just because

Amputees:dick cheese, ugly

Normal guys:no dick cheese, subjective, people should be able to choose

Amputee/mutalated:eek:mg stop being so defensive!

Me: mutilation amputees are victims who can't pleasure women properly

disfigured/amputees/mutants: we're so civil, calm down anteaters.

That's the sum of this thread with a bit of religion sprinkled in.

Highlaw

Banned
^
My image of circumsized people went from

finebrosstreamys2.jpg

to

Brotherhood2005.jpg

while reading your post

Zzoram

Nightcrawler wouldn't be circumcized. He was discarded almost immediately after birth, everyone was afraid he was some kind of demon child. No time for surgery.

Sabertooth's foreskin probably grows back.

So what's next on the SF ballot? Parents won't be allowed to trim the nails of their babies because that's mutilation? They won't be able cut their hair, or get them vaccinated, because the babies have to agree first?

msv

weekend_warrior said:
So what's next on the SF ballot? Parents won't be allowed to trim the nails of their babies because that's mutilation? They won't be able cut their hair, or get them vaccinated, because the babies have to agree first?
Really? Can't believe there are people this delusional.

weekend_warrior said:
I love how these people think they should be able to control simple medical decisions like this between a doctor and parents.

Highlaw

Banned
weekend_warrior said:
- trim the nails
They grow back

-cut their hair
Grows back

-vaccinated
wat?

I hope you are trying to make a (bad) point with these examples and not just using them because you think they are comparable to circumcision.

Magni

Highlaw said:
- trim the nails
They grow back

-cut their hair
Grows back

-vaccinated
wat?

I hope you are trying to make a (bad) point with these examples and not just using them because you think they are comparable to circumcision.

Yeah, sucks to see how delusional some of the cut guys are... And none have answered my question yet either:

Me said:
To the cut guys here, would you circumsize your sons at birth, and if yes, why? Tradition/Religion is never a one-word answer, you have to actually think things through.

This is somewhat like guys who were physically/sexually-abused as kids doing it to kids themselves once they're adults. You don't have to repeat the cycle.

MagniHarvald said:
Yeah, sucks to see how delusional some of the cut guys are... And none have answered my question yet either:

This is somewhat like guys who were physically/sexually-abused as kids doing it to kids themselves once they're adults. You don't have to repeat the cycle.
Are you a physician?

Copernicus said:
Normal guys:Kids shouldn't get circumcisions just because

Amputees:dick cheese, ugly

Normal guys:no dick cheese, subjective, people should be able to choose

Amputee/mutalated:eek:mg stop being so defensive!

Me: mutilation amputees are victims who can't pleasure women properly

disfigured/amputees/mutants: we're so civil, calm down anteaters.

That's the sum of this thread with a bit of religion sprinkled in.

Wow, I've never seen so much self-comforting bullshit in one post.

"Haha, they're amputees. RIGHT GUYS? Not like us normies!"

MagniHarvald said:

Seriously? Sexual abuse? Like molestation? Cheesus Crust some of you guys are way out of your element here. It's like overhearing a 1st grader's idea on how sex happens.

Nix

Banned
Wow really? Also, I have no idea if I'm circumsized or not since my mother would never tell me and I never actually explicitly went to find out. Wonder which camp I'm in.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So if I'm not circumcised, but have a broken guitar string, am I going to be strung up for hiding my true identity when I'm hard? I think I might be dick jesus.

The Lamp

Lunchbox said:
not only is the east coast running the country and footing everyones bills

we also have superior cheese-less dicks

This confuses me. I don't have dick cheese accumulate because I'm hygienic and I shower. I also don't have phimosis because it's either a you-have-it-or-you-don't condition. So there's literally absolutely nothing I suffer from not being circumcised.

If a woman think uncut dicks are gross, that's fine. I don't need an ignorant partner who thinks that the natural, more prevalent penises in the world are the weird ones.

I'm kind of annoyed that my sister circumcised my infant nephew just so he'd look like his American father. No other reason, since they don't really know the difference between circumcision/uncircumcision. Just ignorant cosmetic heritage reasons. What kind of stupid logic is that?

Beaulieu

Nix said:
Wow really? Also, I have no idea if I'm circumsized or not since my mother would never tell me and I never actually explicitly went to find out. Wonder which camp I'm in.

I dont understrand how thats even possible.

The Lamp

Mr.Awesome said:
What the fuck?

Not surprising to me. Half my friends didn't know they were circumcised until I talked to them about it.

If America's going to cut their babies, they should at least resist permeating the ignorance around circumcision and teach what it is to kids, maybe when they take their sex-ed classes. That'd probably cause taboo, though.

If you're American (or one or two other countries I can't remember) and you were born after the 60s, the chances are extremely high you are circumcised, and maybe you didn't even know it. Also, if you're Jewish.

Otherwise, it's unlikely that you are.

faridmon

I am not cool with this. But again, I don't live in San Francisco so, I have no objection. I just hopwthis law dowsn't come to an are where I live or will live..

LulaBrasi

Hahaha, does some people seriously believe that you get infections if you don't remove some of your foreskin? God damn, how ignorant are you allowed to be? That is just ridiculious. Are you the same type of people who thinks that only gays gets AIDS?

Is it something you learn in school? Do you really have teachers who tells you, that if you don't mutilate your natural body/penis, it won't work properly??

Oh man, that just blows my mind...

snap0212

faridmon said:
I just hopwthis law dowsn't come to an are where I live or will live..
Well, it doesn't ban circumcision, does it? If your future son prefers to be circumcised there's nothing stopping him from getting rid of (a part of) his foreskin.

What I don't understand is why people want to take that decision away from their kids. It's their penis, not yours. It's been proven that there is no need to do it and circumcision is nothing that "can only be done when you're young". Everyone should do with their foreskin what they want but there is absolutely no need to have your kids circumcised before they're old enough to make they own decisions. There has yet to be a person in this or any other Thread about this topic who can prove me wrong. No one has ever given a reason as to why it's important to not give your kid a choice.

The Lamp

snap0212 said:
Well, it doesn't ban circumcision, does it? If your future son prefers to be circumcised there's nothing stopping him from getting rid of (a part of) his foreskin.

What I don't understand is why people want to take that decision away from their kids. It's their penis, not yours. It's been proven that there is no need to do it and circumcision is nothing that "can only be done when you're young". Everyone should do with their foreskin what they want but there is absolutely no need to have your kids circumcised before they're old enough to make they own decisions. There has yet to be a person in this or any other Thread about this topic who can prove me wrong. No one has ever given a reason as to why it's important to not give your kid a choice.

Your point just gets ignored and people move on to talk about something else circumcision-related until we get back to this again lol.

tiff

Banned
MagniHarvald said:

Yeah except it's not really a big deal and not worth criminalizing.

snap0212 said:

Because the easiest time to do it is when their young.
Because it's hygienically cleaner.
Because we live in a civilized world.

This isn't about religion or tradition, it's about modern medicine. When you have a boy, you cut the umbilical cord, you spank his butt, you snip his dick. Done, done, done.

Kurtofan

weekend_warrior said:

This isn't about religion or tradition, it's about modern medicine. When you have a boy, you cut the umbilical cord, you spank his butt, you snip his dick. Done, done, done.
Lies.

Europe is first world yet we don't do this, unless for religious (Judaism and Islam) reasons.

You know what's cleaner?Washing yourself.A cut penis isn't impervious to health issues, and an uncut penis doesn't get every diseases out there.

snap0212

weekend_warrior said:

You're joking, aren't you?

a) No doctor will tell you that it's not possible to do it when you're older. I had an accident a while ago and the doctor told me that I may have to get a circumcision. I asked him if there were any additional risks as I due to me being older and he said that - if done right - there are very few risks and he told me that the risks are the same when you circumcise an infant.

b) Hygiene is up to the individual. That doesn't change just because you cut your foreskin.

b) Because we're living in a civilized world means that we should not allow our kids to make their own decisions?

You also don't seem to know anything about circumcision, its origins or why it is practiced. Hint: It never had to do anything with modern medicine and still does not.

numble

weekend_warrior said:

Are you a physician?

mrfolego

Banned
MagniHarvald said:

lol

Bulbo Urethral Baggins said:
Sorry. Why do you want to forbid a medical procedure that is recommended by a physician?

I have established why. I'd like to know in what capacity you think it is recommended, because as far as I know, it isn't, in any objective capacity.

snap0212

"The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says the benefits of circumcision are not significant enough to recommend circumcision as a routine procedure and that circumcision is not medically necessary."

"The American Medical Association supports the AAP's 1999 circumcision policy statement with regard to non-therapeutic circumcision, which they define as the non-religious, non-ritualistic, not medically necessary, elective circumcision of male newborns. They state that "policy statements issued by professional societies representing Australian, Canadian, and American pediatricians do not recommend routine circumcision of male newborns."[47]"

I like the "civilized world" comment because it then assumes that everywhere that does not perform circumcisions (i.e. the majority of the rest of the world) is not civilized. And it just makes you come off like a total idiot.

Lionheart1337 said:
I have established why. I'd like to know in what capacity you think it is recommended, because as far as I know, it isn't, in any objective capacity.
Many physicians still recommend it. Who are you to stand between a doctor and his advice. Please let us know your medical background.

snap0212

Many physicians still recommend it. Who are you to stand between a doctor and his advice. Please let us know your medical background.
"The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says the benefits of circumcision are not significant enough to recommend circumcision as a routine procedure and that circumcision is not medically necessary."

"The American Medical Association supports the AAP's 1999 circumcision policy statement with regard to non-therapeutic circumcision, which they define as the non-religious, non-ritualistic, not medically necessary, elective circumcision of male newborns. They state that "policy statements issued by professional societies representing Australian, Canadian, and American pediatricians do not recommend routine circumcision of male newborns."[47]"

Short: No major medical association recommends it.

(These are just two examples. I can show you more (other sources) if you want.

However, everyone should get circumcised if they wish to get a circumcision.)

Calling a circumcised penis "mutilated" is every bit as retarded as saying uncircumcised accumulates "dick cheese." Both sides are using childishly loaded terminology to invoke a needless amount of emotion in what has got to be one of the most dumbest debates we can have.

My apologies, but I have nothing else to really add to the debate, just my two cents.

snap0212 said:

Short: No major medical association recommends it.

(These are just two examples. I can show you more (other sources) if you want.

However, everyone should get circumcised if they wish to get a circumcision.)
Good links.
Thank you!

Acerac

Banned
Sorry. Why do you want to forbid a medical procedure that is recommended by a physician?
Are you a physician?

Keru_Shiri said:
Calling a circumcised penis "mutilated" is every bit as retarded as saying uncircumcised accumulates "dick cheese." Both sides are using childishly loaded terminology to invoke a needless amount of emotion in what has got to be one of the most dumbest debates we can have.

My apologies, but I have nothing else to really add to the debate, just my two cents.
It's not possible to talk maturely when we're discussing genitalia.

Keru_Shiri said:

Calling a mutilated penis circumcised is so PC it's sad.

Oh and uncut penises do accumulate "dickcheesenatural secretions" same as cut ones but dickcheese is the least of your problems if you only wash once a month.

Lionheart1337 said:

Oh and uncut penises do accumulate "dickcheesenatural secretions" same as cut ones but dickcheese is the least of your problems if you only wash once a month.
His point is that the rhetoric going back and forth is getting increasingly more retarded.

Acerac said:
It's not possible to talk maturely when we're discussing genitalia.
Clearly...
Lionheart1337 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom