• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clarkson, Hammond, May's new Amazon show named: The Grand Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been a lot of interest, and here's the title:

GT_LandingPage_Header._V272879589_.jpg

They've also announced a few details on the format - rather than a studio, they'll have a 'big tent' moving location each week.

After months of deliberation and lots of useful suggestions from the public, for which the guys are very grateful, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have decided that, because they are taking their new Amazon Prime Show around the world, it will be called The Grand Tour.

Not only will the guys travel to different locations, but for the first time ever the studio audience recordings will travel every week, all housed within a giant tent. Amazon customers will have the chance to be in the audience when tickets are released through prize draws this summer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/?node=10257739031

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Haha, not only did they manage to get a payday, Amazon is also paying them travels around the world. Good for them.

Very much looking forward to this.

I love that Prime is on a monthly basis now. Wait until the season is over and marathon it while doing two-day shipping on Christmas gifts.

Chabbles

Just finished bingeing the new ep's added to Netflix, really looking forward to this with the budget they got at their disposal.

8bit

Knows the Score
Disappointed my original pitch of Wacky Racists wasn't chosen. I thought James May had said something to the effect of not doing so much studio / audience stuff though?

Haha, not only did they manage to get a payday, Amazon is also paying them travels around the world. Good for them.

They've rinsed amazon lol

Wonder if amazon will eventually get value out of it.

I assume they look to see how many new-to-prime users view the show, and how many existing users view and weigh them differently to determine whether it was a net gain to attracting/retaining prime users.

Sotha_Sil

Had no idea they were going to Amazon in the first place. Nice pick up for Amazon (and them).

Amazon is slowly building a nice catalog of shows.

butalala

I'm disappointed that it won't be called Gear Knobs or House of Cars, as it was rumored, but it will be fun to see what they come up with. Have the tour dates been announced? That could be fun.

Violet_0

Banned
they took the best part and made it the the basic premise of the new show

someone chancel Conan and give him an Amazon show

Dryk

I can see that picture of Jeremy getting a lot of play the next time he says something horribly bigoted.

Their international road trip episodes was my favorite and only things I watched on Top Gear. Hopefully the main show will share similar elements. Can't wait!

Beefy

@JeremyClarkson
We have 12 shows. One is a Christmas thing. That means 11 locations for our tent. Many requests from Mexico

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
They've rinsed amazon lol

Wonder if amazon will eventually get value out of it.

I assume they look to see how many new-to-prime users view the show, and how many existing users view and weigh them differently to determine whether it was a net gain to attracting/retaining prime users.

They have to know how pirated the show was.

Should have called it 'Dipsticks'.

Hopefully they freshen things up because the format had become stale in recent years.

I don't get the fanboy hatred for OG Top Gear either. There's now opportunity for car fans to enjoy two big shows. It's win win, no need to be upset morons.

Korgill

I hope that the first episode starts by focusing on on an old sign that says T_p Ge_r and they duct tape over it as they announce the name of the show.

Jezbollah

Hopefully they freshen things up because the format had become stale in recent years.

I don't get the fanboy hatred for OG Top Gear either. There's now opportunity for car fans to enjoy two big shows. It's win win, no need to be upset morons.

How about Gearknobs and Dipsticks
a play on bedknobs and broomsticks..

Beefy

Alot of the hate is because of who the new presenters are.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
TGT = Top Gear Tour. Nice. Getting around that BBC trademark/lawyer's panicking while keeping nearly the same abbreviation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom