• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Class action against fallout 4

Topher

Gold Member
Lawyers have stopped the deal with Microsoft becouse the goty edition / season pass doesn't include the creation club MT

[

They haven't stopped anything yet. They are going to file a motion an injunction which the judge will have to rule on.

“What we’re going to try and do is go in and ask a judge to stop the sale between Microsoft and Bethesda to preserve the assets. And it’s known as a motion for preliminary injunction.”

mansoor1980

Gold Member
250px-Toddthreatens.jpg

nikolino840

They haven't stopped anything yet. They are going to file a motion an injunction which the judge will have to rule on.

“What we’re going to try and do is go in and ask a judge to stop the sale between Microsoft and Bethesda to preserve the assets. And it’s known as a motion for preliminary injunction.”
So they can ignore the class action and continue the deal until a judge say yes or no?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Can't wait until someone doesn't read the article and blames Microsoft for it.

Will be interesting what the future holds for this takeover if this is true. Seems like Bethesda could get into some serious trouble.

By the way, first reacting on this now. Are people using Internet explorer, or somehow miss clicked the start up on steam to notice there's some creators club they were crying over not having the horse skin for free.

Last edited:

theclaw135

Banned
While I respect the idea of game companies open to providing modders technical support, compensation, etc, it must be clarified better than this!
Extensive mods for AAA games are endeavors that might border on impossible without financial backing in some form.

Call me crazy, but I don't think Fallout 4 DLC is going to stop Microsoft from buying Bethesda.

Though, they probably have a very good case - from an outsider perspective it absolutely looks like they sold a pass to obtain everything they release for DLC #1, and to get out of that commitment Bethesda created DLC #2, which is the same thing except different. Those power armor slides in the article are killer.

Andodalf

Banned
So they can ignore the class action and continue the deal until a judge say yes or no?
There's nothing to ignore really. Anyone can file a lawsuit, unless the Judge grants an injunction it doesn't matter.

In regards to the lawsuit, I think that they're going to have a hard time proving the verbiage includes the creation club by any reasonable assumption, and I don't really see what they're arguing for damages. Literal best case is for them is the damages is every creation club item for every season pass holder (This will not happen), but the only real monetary damage there is money already spent on items in the creation club, which I'd assume is max a few million. 1 Bil is a joke, thats assuming everyone who played the game needs to be paid the value of every item in the CC at full price.

Topher

Gold Member

Will be interesting what the future holds for this takeover if this is true. Seems like Bethesda could get into some serious trouble.

By the way, first reacting on this now. Are people using Internet explorer, or somehow miss clicked the start up on steam to notice there's some creators club they were crying over not having the horse skin for free.

Wait.....you are saying something is wrong with my browser?

hqdefault.jpg

Impossible.

I'm actually kind of glad that Bethesda's Creation Club paid mods program is coming back to bite them in the ass. Modding is one of the key attractions to Bethesda's games and was one of the biggest reasons I built a PC in the first place. Every Fallout 4 update Bethesda has done since releasing the CC has broken other mods requiring new versions. My only recourse was to cut Bethesda out of the process and bypass them altogether in the game to keep everything running and still be able to use old abandoned mods I liked.

On the other hand the lawyers are going to get more money and I hate grubby lawyers way more than I hate the Creation Club.

Looking through the lawsuit I can't imagine Bethesda can't get out of this. They have 7.5 billion dollars coming in to pay the judge off.

On GAF? Never! Oh wait...

Good. You shouldn’t say everything we release after launch will be included in gamepass and then renege on that commitment. And if it means slowing Microsoft’s takeover of Bethesda, the better.

giphy.gif

This has nothing to do with Gamepass. Microsoft has absolutely nothing to do with this in any way. This was about Fallout 4 and the Creation Club class action lawsuit. Did you even try to read the article?

Andodalf

Banned

The literal worst case scenario is refunding purchases in the CC of Season pass holders, and giving them all the remaining items for free. This would cost a very small amount, relatively speaking.

Lawsuits are all about damages, and there are none here. That's why this dude is baiting so hard for class action, Settling individually, the fever dream max is like 2k.

I love this gif lol

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Are Microsoft trying to buy Bethesda through the PSN store?
Showing up as "Unavailable" when you accidentally go near DLC. 😂

Hopefully this will be sorted quickly and pain free.

Andodalf

Banned
If anything, hopefully this kills off unspecified DLC packs. It's surprising how publishers have been getting away with selling a promise all this time.

But people hate when Content is announced ahead of time and complain that it should be free and come with the game if it was already being worked on enough to know what it is.

Can't win either way

devilNprada

Fallout 4 was a disaster for me (PS4 Version)...
A bug prevented me from completing the game after about 80 hours of collecting everything and building the town.
I paid for the season pass but never saw any of the content because I did not want to start over.
I had already gone back to a save halfway through once.

I wouldn't mind if they gave me a little money back on that.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Can we ban all class action lawsuit threads? Every lawyer tries this tactic for everything with negative headlines.

Trogdor1123

I actually hadn't thought about this. I bought the season pass when it was announced that it was going up in price and would include all the dlc. I always thought creation club was oddly separated but never gave much thought to it. In hindsight, that really was dirty of them.

Still love the game though.

MonarchJT

Banned
the deal is out of question. It has already been approved. The only thing that can happen (but I don't think it ever will) is that Microsoft will pay cash in case the lawsuit goes on

Lol, stroke of luck they called it a Season Pass and not a DLC pass. I think finiteness is inherit to the title of the product, and adds a caveat to claim of "all DLC."

Ahhh, the seasons.

I mean: As a season ticket holder, you will enjoy all the games Dodgers play at home.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Read about 90% of the article.

They might have a case if they can legalese their way through the defence, but using Steam store screenshots - something Valve control - to prove what Bethesda say is DLC or not isn't going to go well for them.

Top Bottom