• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clone Wars Episode 21 - SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
QUIGON QUIGON QUIGON QUIGON

Ok, well, I was happy to see they finally did something with him besides just episode 1
yes I know they use him in Episode 3 as well but this is the first chance we've actually gotten to see him since 1.. 3 will be 3.

Grievous' voice was ok. And Anakin's knighting was prett cool also.

overall 8/10.. nice episode.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Great stuff.

My complaint about the series remains the same. It's still too short, damnit! I really cannot get enough of the artwork and action, and I love the way Tartakovsky handles the small quiet moments. I'm itching for that second volume of Samurai Jack (due in May) right about now.

ManaByte

borghe said:
QUIGON QUIGON QUIGON QUIGON

Ok, well, I was happy to see they finally did something with him besides just episode 1
yes I know they use him in Episode 3 as well but this is the first chance we've actually gotten to see him since 1.. 3 will be 3.

Grievous' voice was ok. And Anakin's knighting was prett cool also.

overall 8/10.. nice episode.

You heard his voice in Episode II.

Edit: Actually he was in the last season of Clone Wars as well.

ManaByte

That was awesome.

However it does contradict other EU material that says Anakin was made a Knight in the field on some planet.

22 is out, online apparently, I'm going to check it out later.

So far I'm wishing these were short 3-5 minute episode again. This was obviously an episode lacking of action, aside from the start. It just wasn't too engaging. The ceremony for Anakin's knighthood was great, my favorite part definitely, as was the ending. But the love scene in the alley, aside from 3PO's appearance, was gut wrenching. Also, the clones talking during the rescue scene (Were these the ARC troops again?) just was off to me. I wish they were more or less silent like they were during that ARC Troopers episode, but I guess it wasn't that bad. The scene itself was pretty nice though, aside from the retarded droids :lol.

tralfazz

Just watched ep21 and 22. This series has been so f'n great and has saved some of the luster that was missing in the first 2 movies. I wish this could've had a longer run and hopefully they are allowed to do a series between ep3 and 4.

ManaByte

tralfazz said:
Just watched ep21 and 22. This series has been so f'n great and has saved some of the luster that was missing in the first 2 movies. I wish this could've had a longer run and hopefully they are allowed to do a series between ep3 and 4.

The live action TV series is set between 3 and 4, so there won't be a new animated one.

tralfazz

ManaByte said:
The live action TV series is set between 3 and 4, so there won't be a new animated one.

Yeah I've heard, just hoping. Genndy does such great action toons that I wish he got to do more of the SW saga after this set.

Yeah, I forgot to set the Tivo and missed it. If it's online someplace could someone PM me with links...pretty please.

I'll defiantely be grabbing volume 1 at stores tomorrow. And I can't wait to check this stuff out. I WILL remember to set the Tivo before I leave for work tomorrow. ;)

Amir0x

Banned
This should be called "Clone Wars: The only good thing to come out of Star Wars in the last 25 years besides some videogames."

Because seriously, this is totally the way Star Wars should have been done.

Oh, but imho that one line "Although, you do look pretty good in the dark" was truly awful.

Tabris

So what's up with the Qui Gon moment?

A) Was it a flashback to a time just after Qui-Gon's death when he helped Anakin the same way Obi-Wan helped Luke?

B) Was it a dream Yoda was reading from Anakin?

C) ...or did they just make a stop at Dagobah before heading back to Naboo for Episode I? (this would be stupid)

22 is much better than 21 I thought, I'm back in the mood. Although these still aren't quite as intense as the first two seasons, I'm loving what all we saw in the second episode. Commander Cody looks great, and I wonder if they'll elaborate more on his relationship with Obi-Wan, I'd assume so as I don't think the film will have much time to focus on it, but just gotta remain hopeful. I really enjoyed the joking around between Anakin and Obi-Wan in this one too, it was done well I thought. Pretty good so far overall though, those just stuck out as my favorite scenes.

I'm getting used to the 15 minutes episodes, it's rather weird to not get a quick burst of heart pounding action in one go, then having to be cut off right when it really climaxes. But they're able to do much, much more with the storyline and characters, and I'm liking that.

Rob

DarthWufei said:
22 is much better than 21 I thought, I'm back in the mood. Although these still aren't quite as intense as the first two seasons, I'm loving what all we saw in the second episode. Commander Cody looks great, and I wonder if they'll elaborate more on his relationship with Obi-Wan, I'd assume so as I don't think the film will have much time to focus on it, but just gotta remain hopeful. I really enjoyed the joking around between Anakin and Obi-Wan in this one too, it was done well I thought. Pretty good so far overall though, those just stuck out as my favorite scenes.

I'm getting used to the 15 minutes episodes, it's rather weird to not get a quick burst of heart pounding action in one go, then having to be cut off right when it really climaxes. But they're able to do much, much more with the storyline and characters, and I'm liking that.

Hmmm, funny. I thought 22 was weaker than 21. Nothing is really happening. It seems more like a setup for the next chapter. I don't like the comic relief and Anakin eating bugs and worms??

Screenboy

Can someone pm me a link to these, I tried watching them on the CN website and it says they're only viewable to North Americans only.

I miss them in UK 'cause they show them at crap times (like now when im at work).

Rob said:
Hmmm, funny. I thought 22 was weaker than 21. Nothing is really happening. It seems more like a setup for the next chapter. I don't like the comic relief and Anakin eating bugs and worms??
:lol Well, perhaps my taste is just different. Everyone seemed to love 21, while I felt it was a poor start to the new season. So yeah, whatever, acceptable thing to happen.

BojTrek

Banned
Did anyone else feel weird when Anakin asked C-3PO to take off the robe?

It was kind of... don't get offended... but it was kind of GAY...

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
well, it had to be a dream... as for what it meant, all I can think of is that it will tie-in directly to Anakin's dreams of future events in Ep3.

anakin dreams that padme is killed. he approaches padme's killer where you can see a definite outline of him. he then wakes up. As we know, luke's trail by the cave had a very similar situation, him killing himself. maybe it is all a similar thing

tralfazz

Any one else think Anakin looks like Jase from G-Force. Also noticed that Anakin is wearing the charcoal colored shoulder pads ala Vader. Ep 23 definately kicked some ass. THe battle begins and Anakin begins his 'face the mirror' quest.

Did anyone else get a chance to see Chapter 24? Definitely the best episode of them all so far.
Mainly due to the chase by Grievous, but how they escape him is just hilarious. While definitely not fitting for the Star Wars universe, Anakin's vision was great, very cold though. I can't say I like how it was done, with the cave paintings, but it definitely portrayed a nice message about his future.

Also, has anyone picked up the DVD yet? I was going to get it today for my birthday, but I think I'm going to have to wait till tomorrow. Seems like a crazy deal for just $13-14.

tralfazz

Was that the
death star
? Methinks Anakin fails the mirror test. And the prophetic cave paintings were quite cool I thought. Raises a question about EP3 though.
Does Anakin kill Padme
?

ManaByte

tralfazz said:
Was that the
death star
? Methinks Anakin fails the mirror test. And the prophetic cave paintings were quite cool I thought. Raises a question about EP3 though.
Does Anakin kill Padme
?

:D

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
SteveMeister said:
Man, Volume II is just incredible. Excellent, excellent stuff. I'm sad that there's only one episode left!

i thought there was 6 episodes altogether, not 5.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I thought it was alright. This micro-series has been so good that it really irritates me that it's not truly canon. It would've been so great to have this as Episode II and Attack of the Clones as Episode I. Boo-urns!

Rob

Willco said:
I thought it was alright. This micro-series has been so good that it really irritates me that it's not truly canon. It would've been so great to have this as Episode II and Attack of the Clones as Episode I. Boo-urns!

Nah, then there would be no Qui-Gon and he is arguably the coolest Jedi in the prequel trilogy.

It was suggested on the Clone Wars dvd that Lucas show Chapters 21-25 on the big screen prior to Episode 3. I think this would be an excellent idea. Hell why not just show 1-25 and then Episode 3? I'd be all over that! I'd love to see The Clone Wars on the big screen.

ManaByte

Rob said:
Nah, then there would be no Qui-Gon and he is arguably the coolest Jedi in the prequel trilogy.

It was suggested on the Clone Wars dvd that Lucas show Chapters 21-25 on the big screen prior to Episode 3. I think this would be an excellent idea. Hell why not just show 1-25 and then Episode 3? I'd be all over that! I'd love to see The Clone Wars on the big screen.

So basically you want to sit through 2 movies? 21-25 is a 90 minute movie.

Rob

ManaByte said:
So basically you want to sit through 2 movies? 21-25 is a 90 minute movie.

Have you never been to a double feature?? I could sit through 2 movies with an intermission between them, no problem.

Tabris

I didn't like the design of the mutated warriors as much. So it kinda lessened what otherwise was a very cool set of episodes.

Excellent set up for Episode III though. The Anakin "mirror" scene was probabaly the best in the entire clone war series.

Oh, and
Mace Windu owning Grevious like that. Awesome!

wow @ 25!

i thought grievous
was supposed to be ruthless, wtf was that "you look tired, jedi" to shaak ti?

and windu
sure did fuck up grievous pretty quickly

ManaByte

The Faceless Master said:
wow @ 25!

i thought grievous
was supposed to be ruthless, wtf was that "you look tired, jedi" to shaak ti?

No, he's supposed to be "Dracula Droid" as Lucas described him. A slimy over the top serial villain.

Bob White

I'm not a star wars fan and I don't really care much about any of the movies. But those shorts fucking rocked. Does lucas feel any shame that somebody else has made better star wars material than he has?

I mean, he can't not feel like shit when he sees the action scenes and just the overall badass direction of these shorts. THESE ARE STAR WARS.

Mace being shown as the sick fuck jedi master that he is.
That scene right after all that fighting in that city of palpatine just relaxing and drinking tea.
Anikin's vision.

Shit, and tons more. Lucas should just sign the rights over to the guys who make the shorts. He just HAS to know that they've owned everything he's ever done.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Finally caught up today. Wow, this is how Star Wars ought to be! Anakins 'vision' was really well done, I'm amazed how much emotional impact there was in the last two eps in those small scenes. I hope ROTS lives up to Clone Wars.
Those were
stormtroopers
right? Interesting how they slipped in unannounced. I wonder if Anakin slices off
Threepios leg

Spike

Willco said:

Actually, I think this is considered canon. After all, it was George Lucas who requested this to be done, rather than having the idea proposed to him.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Spike said:
Actually, I think this is considered canon. After all, it was George Lucas who requested this to be done, rather than having the idea proposed to him.

Yep. And I've heard Grievous is still in a bit of physical distress at the start of Episode III. I wouldn't be surprised if the opening shot ends up being a reveral of that dolly back from Coruscant through the space battle at the end of #25.

However, I didn't see any tatoos on Anakin in any of the shots from the movie, but he still has at least the one around his scar when he and Obi Wan leave for Coruscant at the end of #25. So that'll be one discontinuity, although I suppose we can just assume the markings weren't permanent and he washed them off during the jump. And I doubt they'll specifically mention in the movie much of what transpired in any of the Clone Wars episodes.

ManaByte

I wonder if Anakin slices off Threepios leg.

What the...?

The reason why Threepio has one silver leg in Episode IV is to show that during the time of the Empire it's not that easy to keep things shiny an new, not because Anakin got mad at the droid and chopped off his leg.

Spike said:

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/continuity.html

Primary Evidence: Canon

The STAR WARS films are the only primary reference. With the exception of only a few minor points, they are indisputable. This is not a merely personal opinion; it is the explicit policy of the Continuity and Production Editors at Lucasfilm.
They are interviewed in STAR WARS Insider #23:

What's 'gospel' and what isn't?
'Gospel,' or canon as we refer to it, includes the screenplays, the films, the radio dramas and the novelisations. These works spin out of George Lucas' original stories, the rest are written by other writers. However, between us, we've read everything, and much of it is taken into account in the overall continuity. The entire catalog of published works comprises a vast history -- with many off-shoots, variations and tangents -- like any other well-developed mythology.

Therefore the films and their adaptations are canon, meaning that they take precedence in essentially all matters. Any other form of unfilmed STAR WARS fiction may be official, meaning that it is subordinate to canon and is required to be consistent with other official works. Issues relating to these secondary sources are described below. Works which do not have the blessing of Lucasfilm Ltd (which is not the same entity as LucasArts) are unofficial and cannot be given consideration.

The above continuity policy has been reaffirmed very recently in the introductory pages of the STAR WARS Encyclopedia by Stephen J. Sansweet. His terminology includes absolute canon for canon, and quasi-canon for the secondary and lower official material. He avoids the use of the official non-canon term more commonly used by fans: apocrypha. This may have something to do with the religious pejorative undertones that some readers perceive. However this site uses the more common terms for the sake of brevity. The terms are well understood by most online commentators on science fiction and fantasy literature, and no religious connotations are intended.

Clone Wars, the Droid and Ewok cartoons, the Ewok Movies, are not canon. Only the movies are canon.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Chapter 25 sure did rock. I loved that battle with Shaak Ti and the body guards. I wish the movies would show the Jedi using so many different powers at once, with complicated lightsaber battles, Force pushing and ripping droids apart at distance.

All the stuff after Anakin's hand blew up was awesome. When he went crazy on those Separatist guys. Just the image of him with that missing arm and the scar was sweet.

This was really a great prelude to Episode III. I only hope the movie is pretty decent.

Clone Wars >>> prequels.

The action in Samurai Jack fashion is a bit over the top, but still cool to watch.

I think Clone Wars nails the Anakin character and the Anakin-Padme romance much better than the movies do.

Anakin is more likable and more believable, but you can still see the aspects which will drive him to the Dark Side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom