• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

Yeah, they announce the prizes after the qualification date. However, you can guarantee that the Gold prize (which you will qualify for at 300 coins) is a Nintendo calendar.

You can gather 70 coins off each 3DS game as long as you do Intend to Buy surveys before they launch and you buy them in the first weeks after they launch. That's 30 for the game, 10 for ItB, 10 for early reg and 20 for post play. You will also likely get 20 coins for each 3DSWare game you buy when it opens in May.

With those numbers, Neuromancer, you need only buy 3 more full games and 3 downloadble ones. Note that Nintendo will probably put out some surveys to fill in by then to reduce the number of games you will need.

If that's too many games for you, then don't register codes when you do get the games. Wait until Juky and then you can maximise your chances of getting Platinum next year, while settling with Gold this year.

Davey Cakes

I have 200 coins going towards gold or platinum status so far, and 270 coins worth of surveys to complete. I'm thinking of just passing on trying for platinum this year and going for it next year (since I find it pointless to go for gold). Since next year I don't know how my gaming habits will change (if I'll buy more Wii or DS stuff or even jump into the 3DS) though I'm more confident that I'll make more purchases than this year before June 30th.

I'm going to wait it out. Maybe somehow the 130 additional coins that would be needed to attain platinum status for this year will fall on my lap before the end of June, but I'm not going to complete my post-play surveys until I know that my chances for platinum status are higher.

Clipper said:
Yeah, they announce the prizes after the qualification date. However, you can guarantee that the Gold prize (which you will qualify for at 300 coins) is a Nintendo calendar.

You can gather 70 coins off each 3DS game as long as you do Intend to Buy surveys before they launch and you buy them in the first weeks after they launch. That's 30 for the game, 10 for ItB, 10 for early reg and 20 for post play. You will also likely get 20 coins for each 3DSWare game you buy when it opens in May.

With those numbers, Neuromancer, you need only buy 3 more full games and 3 downloadble ones. Note that Nintendo will probably put out some surveys to fill in by then to reduce the number of games you will need.

If that's too many games for you, then don't register codes when you do get the games. Wait until Juky and then you can maximise your chances of getting Platinum next year, while settling with Gold this year.
OK thanks, I appreciate the help.

Does the Super Mario All-Stars anniversary edition contain a code? If so, is it worth 50 points like of the Wii games?

I've still got a sealed copy from the first print run, might have to crack it open so I can hit my platinum status.

Clipper

Reluctant-Hero said:
Does the Super Mario All-Stars anniversary edition contain a code? If so, is it worth 50 points like of the Wii games?

I've still got a sealed copy from the first print run, might have to crack it open so I can hit my platinum status.
I'm pretty sure it does. The Australian version came with a code, so the US one probably did too.

Clipper

Hmm... this is weird. I just registered Pilotwings Resort without filling in the survey and it has an expiry date of 2016. Why are the dates being shortened for some people and not for others like me? I'm going to leave it and see what happens next week...

Perhaps it depends on date of manufacture of the game or something...

antonz

Clipper said:
Hmm... this is weird. I just registered Pilotwings Resort and it has an expiry date of 2016. Why are the dates being shortened for some people and not for others like me? I'm going to leave it and see what happens next week...
I think its more an issue of people who would click every intend to buy so even if a year down the line they buy the game theyd still have access to points they should get

Clipper

antonz said:
I think its more an issue of people who would click every intend to buy so even if a year down the line they buy the game theyd still have access to points they should get
The change in the system does not affect the Intend to Buy surveys, though. You are meant to be able to buy at any point and receive your coins at that time. The reward for purchasing early is completely separate from Intend to Buy for a reason.

Also, I did do the ItB survey for Pilotwings Resort, and I have plenty of games i filled an ItB survey for which I haven't entered codes yet (most of the time, this is because I decided to buy the PAL version instead). If they were punishing ItB hoarders, then I probably should have fallen into that category, but it seems that I am still able to hoard this particularly survey at least.

Reluctant-Hero said:

Yeah, I actually just redeemed it myself.

Ondore

Similar, silly question: Does anyone recall if the Mario All-Stars ever went on Intend to Buy? I don't recall seeing it back in November, and I'm wondering if that would have allowed me to get another reward now.

donny2112

Reluctant-Hero said:

If you want to keep it mint, just use the code with Zelda, which releases in June. (If you don't buy anymore Nintendo games before then.)

wooo guess what came in the mail!!

nintendo1.jpg

nintendo2.jpg

nintendo3.jpg

nintendo4.jpg

nintendo5.jpg

nintendo6.jpg

nintendo7.jpg

nintendo8.jpg

Fuzzy said:
They sent you a cat?!
Its not that crazy

Capybara said:
10 points until platinum and I'm all out of codes. Drats.
Buy something on WiiWare or DSiWare? I seem to remember hearing downloads got 10 coins in their survey. If DSiWare games are worth 10 coins then the Mario Clocks and other 200 point stuff is actually the most cost efficient method of earning coins (I never thought I'd be defending those...)

i got most of my coins, by going to blockbuster and taking the pin slips out of all the 1st party games.

i have a bunch of extra DKCR codes if anyone wants to trade. i need punch-out wii, and pretty much any DS game

Chorazin

I should reach platinum with the after play surveys from Pilotwings, Steel Diver and Nintendogs+. Woohoo!

I might order a blue pouch with all these new points I have, I love my red one to death. Perfect 3DS case to carry it around in my manbag.

quinntendopower said:
i got most of my coins, by going to blockbuster and taking the pin slips out of all the 1st party games.

i have a bunch of extra DKCR codes if anyone wants to trade. i need punch-out wii, and pretty much any DS game

I've got an extra Sin & Punishment. If you'd like to trade, PM me.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man... I have a package waiting for me at home... I hope this is it!!!!

quinntendopower said:

So how exactly do you properly answer post play surveys for games that you haven't actually played?

rj118 said:
I think the Wii Party packages could have more to do with the survey answers than the amount of games registered. I tend to just quickly fill out the forms and leave a sentence or less for the text blocks.

No. I put N/A for everything.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Clipper said:
Hmm... this is weird. I just registered Pilotwings Resort without filling in the survey and it has an expiry date of 2016. Why are the dates being shortened for some people and not for others like me? I'm going to leave it and see what happens next week...

Perhaps it depends on date of manufacture of the game or something...
Same for me with registering Pilotwings today.

VitaminApple said:
No. I put N/A for everything.
Same and I got the Wii Party yesterday to. Thats cool because I wanted to buy the game but there was always something else.

I have'nt started playing it yet. Mainly because I'm to occupied in the 3DS but I'll start...somewhat soonish lol.

I might try to trade in the pink remote to gamestop. I wonder how much they give for it if I have'nt opened it. I already had a Pink remote with motion+ ya know...actually built in to it. Lol they set one that was'nt built into it wierd.

For the record I have bought this from CN:

Game & Watch Collection 1 & 2
Animal Crossing DS Case
bowser folder and bookmarks
Zelda posters.
Hanafuda Cards

I think thats it...might get the GW Ball next just to have one to play around with. But I wanna see what they release next. They usually release stuff every month or two so its about time for a new release. Got about 970 coins so I'm almost there.

Snookie

I dont know why i'm annoyed that nintendo hasnt sent me that package yet, lol. I do have plat status this year. I DESERVE IT

dc89

Ordererd the White DSI sock with the black trim in the hope that the sock fits my 3DS. Can anyone confirm if it will fit? Does anyone else have this?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
comedy bomb said:
I wonder if that package is the platinum gift for this year?
Can't be. The year isn't over yet and they always offer two prizes.

dc89 said:
Ordererd the White DSI sock with the black trim in the hope that the sock fits my 3DS. Can anyone confirm if it will fit? Does anyone else have this?
Pretty sure people have been using them for their XLs so I would assume it could hold the 3DS.

Chorazin

Gah, sold out of the sweet pouches? I shoulda just ordered the blue one after I registered all my games Tuesday night. :( I'll have to baby my red one now!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
WiiRevolution1 said:
I wonder how much they give for it if I have'nt opened it.

Gamestop wont take it if its unopened. Its one of those better safe than sorry precautions in case its a stolen item.

Chorazin said:
Gah, sold out of the sweet pouches? I shoulda just ordered the blue one after I registered all my games Tuesday night. :( I'll have to baby my red one now!

Everyone is ordering them for their 3DS.

corn_fest

comedy bomb said:
I wonder if that package is the platinum gift for this year?
LOL. That would be nice. But when the previous platinum gifts have been a hat (or downloadable game) and a figurine, I can't see them giving out ~$110 of stuff.

mjc

Chorazin said:

Yeah I wanted to order a blue one a week ago but they were sold out. Guess we'll be waiting for the restock to come around.

Pyrokai

So nobody yet knows the criteria for receiving this mysterious Wii Party gift? I've hit Platinum each year....isn't that enough? :p (jk)

But seriously, anyone know what the criteria are or how they're choosing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom