• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNET: Wii U to be at CES

guek

Banned
Like I said, you can get upset all you want over the lack of news, but come E3, it's not going to matter one iota whether they were completely silent up to that point or not.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Speaking of Wii U looking disappointing, I'm pretty sure the Wii U wasn't even supposed to be revealed at E3 last year, but they felt they had to because of the rumours and leaks.

At least that would explain why the presentation felt rushed.

And they STILL went silent about the Wii for 8-9 months after the Wiimote reveal. My point still stands.

Because I used to care for them. My poor wii hasn't even turn on this year, the DS for even longer.

I feel the console its too gimmicky. Yet again, I'm 27, maybe that's has to do a lot with it.

I'm 27 and still play my Wii games more than anything other than PC (they're about 50/50). I turned my 360 on for the first time in like 6 months for the update, and my PS3 is a Dark Souls/Netflix machine. So no, it really doesn't have a lot to do with it.

guek

Banned
I'm 27 and still play my Wii games more than anything other than PC (they're about 50/50). I turned my 360 on for the first time in like 6 months for the update, and my PS3 is a Dark Souls/Netflix machine. So no, it really doesn't have a lot to do with it.

You're obviously just two 9 yr stacked posing as an adult.

jman2050

If you're annoyed that Nintendo isn't giving you something to talk about, then just say so, don't posture by trying to frame your disappointment as something else.

Anth0ny

Seriously. This whining and crying is dumb.

Who's whining and crying?

Like I said, I'm not super hyped for Wii U after what I saw at E3 2011. I'm not an avid poster in the Wii U thread, I don't go to sleep every night thinking about Nintendo's new console. I'm just trying to make sense out of this. Why can't they show something new at CES? Is E3 that sacred to them? Microsoft unvealed the 360 at some random MTV event lol.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Speaking of Wii U looking disappointing, I'm pretty sure the Wii U wasn't even supposed to be revealed at E3 last year, but they felt they had to because of the rumours and leaks.

At least that would explain why the presentation felt rushed.

And they STILL went silent about the Wii for 8-9 months after the Wiimote reveal. My point still stands.

So the fact that Nintendo has done this before makes the "because this is Nintendo" argument invalid... how exactly? If anything that strengthens that statement that Nintendo makes wild, questionable decisions all the time.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I was arguing about the fact that Anth0ny makes it sound like the silence is a bad thing "because it's Nintendo".

To me, it sounded like "if it was anybody else, I wouldn't mind, but since it's Nintendo, then it makes it a bad thing."

(Apologies if that wasn't what you meant.)

dacuk

It is a shame Nintendo wastes this great (and free) chance to to build some healthy (and needed) expectations about the system.

The early rumors of the Wii U pointed towards a major feature being withheld from the public. The fact that Nintendo still isn't tipping their hand makes me wonder if there isn't some truth to that rumor.

No idea what it could be though.

The early rumors of the Wii U pointed towards a major feature being withheld from the public. The fact that Nintendo still isn't tipping their hand makes me wonder if there isn't some truth to that rumor.

They said the same thing about the wii, and what did that feature turn out to be? :p

That scenario seems plausible if you look at E3 alone and the reports of last-minute changes to their showing (Darksiders 2 devs, etc.). But considering that the very first Wii U rumor reported confirmation from multiple sources that it would be at E3, it doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

watershed

Banned
It was so obvious when Nintendo's presence at CES was announced that nothing would come of it. People who are disappointed set themselves up by being hyped in the first place.

That's what I was wondering all along, that one secret ace in the hole that was rumored at the onset. I wonder if that's what's being demoed

Medalion

Banned
If they are showing the same exact resources from last E3, that might also suggest that not much has changed in the final system

People need to lower their expectations even lower come time for the 2012 E3 unveiling

If they are showing the same exact resources from last E3, that might also suggest that not much has changed in the final system

People need to lower their expectations even lower come time for the 2012 E3 unveiling

Or...
You know, it's just Nintendo being Nintendo and not wanting to show anything substantial before they have to.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Why would anyone need to lower their expectations? People shouldn't have expected Nintendo to compete with Sony/MS from the start. They promised an HD nintendo system with competent specs and that's what they'll be providing. They never promised bleeding edge so no one should have their expectations as such.

To assume nothing has changed is an asinine statement. If was painstakingly obvious that the console was not ready to be unveiled at that time and was in an early stage of development. Nintendo has stated that e3 12 will be a re-unvieling, so it would only make sense to look at that for your final decision on the console when it comes as opposed to a behind closed doors press even where Nintendo specifically stated that they will only be showing the console for those who did not get to see it at e3 11 in order for them to better understand the concept and philosophy behind this new system.

Top Bottom