• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNET: Wii U to be at CES

TheNatural

My Member!
The E3 Nintendo Gifs work so well for pretty much everything, there will be meltdowns after this

2le6u541785.gif

It's Christmas guys, this one is mandatory:

megaton.gif

These are always fun to watch because you've got half of GAF hating Nintendo and everything they produce and stand for and you've got the other half of GAF on defensive mode.

[Nintex]

Seeing a Storm trooper casually walking by in some E3 1996 N64 footage makes me wonder if Nintendo has yet another Star Wars game for Wii U. It would be pretty cool to have an HD Star Wars action-game.

Because I used to care for them. My poor wii hasn't even turn on this year, the DS for even longer.

I feel the console its too gimmicky. Yet again, I'm 27, maybe that's has to do a lot with it.

Fuck, you're telling me when I hit 27 next year I'm not allowed to have fun anymore? Goddamn that sucks.

Sadist

People talking about their age and videogames make me laugh.

Btw, I really really want Nintendo to reveal just one title for the console. I mean, officially we only have a Super Smash Bros. which might (or not) be in pre-production. And oh yeah, the next Monolith Soft title.

[Nintex]

People talking about their age and videogames make me laugh.

Btw, I really really want Nintendo to reveal just one title for the console. I mean, officially we only have a Super Smash Bros. which might (or not) be in pre-production. And oh yeah, the next Monolith Soft title.

Killer Freaks, Ubisoft Multisports Game, Darksiders II, Assassins Creed Wii U, Batman Wii U and Lego City Stories are official too. The others like Metro and Aliens are like: "yeah sure but maybe not." with some vague PR releases, but I consider Aliens 'confirmed' as well.

Fuck, you're telling me when I hit 27 next year I'm not allowed to have fun anymore? Goddamn that sucks.

Perhaps he means that he's too young to enjoy the older-skewing titles on Nintendo systems. Bringing in older audiences was really one of the big coups of the DS and Wii, wasn't it?

I'm 36 and will probably need to start playing Brain Age soon.

Bullza2o

Nintendo please show something new and good about the Wii U before Vita steals my money. I'm being tempted to get a Vita...

Yeah right. There'll be nothing to substantial to see. Any news will be great though.

It il either be:

A) Closed door showing, not a great deal changed, an announcement of a title(s) with maybe a logo, but no footage/screens, few tidbits of info on things such as number of controllers in use etc. not much else

Or

B) Showing to the public, new reveal of console with some notable differences. Few titles announced, maybe a CG trailer of one/a few screens. Details on online/social aspect of things.

[Nintex]

It il either be:

A) Closed door showing, not a great deal changed, an announcement of a title(s) with maybe a logo, but no footage/screens, few tidbits of info on things such as number of controllers in use etc. not much else

Or

B) Showing to the public, new reveal of console with some notable differences. Few titles announced, maybe a CG trailer of one/a few screens. Details on online/social aspect of things.

Since E3 was all about 'The Controller', I'm thinking that Nintendo might do 'The System' at CES, followed by 'The Games' at E3.

[Nintex];33585452 said:
Since E3 was all about 'The Controller', I'm thinking that Nintendo might do 'The System' at CES, followed by 'The Games' at E3.

Followed by "The Online Play" at TGS, which will have friend codes and PS2-era online presentation and functionality

X26

Banned
For nintendo's sake I hope they've scrapped the tablet controller, are using stricly advanced wiimotes, and are renaming it Wii2

muu

Didn't they say the same thing about Nintendo when the 3DS was coming out? Would not be surprised if they end up being another no-show.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me tw-- SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

Struct09

Didn't they say the same thing about Nintendo when the 3DS was coming out? Would not be surprised if they end up being another no-show.

The 3DS was at CES last year behind closed doors. CNET even gave it the "Best of Gaming" award.

DCKing

It il either be:

Or

I'm not expecting anything else but A. If there's anything there will be footage though, but most probably just Darksiders II or something. Games we already know of.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
no, touchscreen is way better than wiimotes.
Agreed. The possibilities of the tablet controller excites me way more than motion controls. And it isn't even the touch screen aspect that really excites me -- it's the second screen and its ability to be used as a movable window into the game world that has me hyped.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
For nintendo's sake I hope they've scrapped the tablet controller, are using stricly advanced wiimotes, and are renaming it Wii2

That sounds like a horrible idea. The tablet and it's ability to play games without the TV are going to sell this system to the masses.

no, touchscreen is way better than wiimotes.

All I want is a decent first person shooter with a touchscreen-based map editor.

...and the option of turning off regeneration and adding in health and armor items; and less restriction on number of weapons you can carry; and an assortment of clever weapons that aren't all just variations on the pistol and machine gun; and proxy mines; and a local multiplayer option. In fact, fuck it, just give me TimeSplitters 4 already

Option of using the wii remote and nunchuk would be nice, though it'd give me an unfair advantage over my friends, who prefer play ... poorly ... with a dual stick setup.

Hm, nah, there'll be an announcement of a game. Super Mario universe is in development, complete with a teaser logo.

Available at launch.

[Nintex];33584734 said:
Seeing a Storm trooper casually walking by in some E3 1996 N64 footage makes me wonder if Nintendo has yet another Star Wars game for Wii U. It would be pretty cool to have an HD Star Wars action-game.

Who cares about Star Wars when they anounced they were going to exclusively publish LEGO CITY STORIES OMG!!!!1!1

Since the Wii and 3DS have all seemed to follow a 3-4 step reveal of all info, I'd say that might be likely. Although Cnet might not be a big enough event.

If I recall with the Wii's reveal process it went Virtual Console reveal and the Wii system design plus anouncement of new Metroid Prime and SSB at E3, then the TGS conference Iwata did a keynote speech unveiling the Wiimote plus tons of demoes, GDC they revealed the Wiiconnect24 feature and more online details and then at E32006 they had a mass revealling of all of the games in development and the entire launch lineup.

So far the E3 2011 reveal of Wii U basically mirrored the TGS conference where they showcased the controller along with a bunch of demoes.

X26

Banned
That sounds like a horrible idea. The tablet and it's ability to play games without the TV are going to sell this system to the masses.

don't think creating brand confusion and competing with the ipad is the way to go rather than stick what made them unique and gave unprecedented sales and popularity (which was then squandered)

[Nintex];33582479 said:
When the deal with Silicon Graphics was being worked on, Nintendo showed they knew a thing or two about 3D:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1t6iNG28zI

Followed by Star Fox Laser Show Unveiling a year later:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGflDT1l2so

And finally the Ultra 64 tech:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAR3EvcfdcA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhjdP84Y7Uc

That's be cool if Nintendo pulled a 64 for the Wii U showing at CES.

But since when was the 64 capable of AA? Wii barely used it (Phineas and Ferb does use it as confirmed by a programmer of the game).

Azure J

Well at least I know GAF shenanigans will be good, seems like everyone's a little stir crazy regarding this system and next gen consoles.

Who's making the bingo cards?

f-zero is deader than an earthbound captain rainbow heading to the startropics.

I don't know whether or not I should applaud this or sad face in the corner...

I will give a GoG gift if they do a public show with new (mattering) stuff

f-zero is deader than an earthbound captain rainbow heading to the startropics.
It can't be more dead than Kid Icarus. Nintendo and them franchises

Teknoman

Because I used to care for them. My poor wii hasn't even turn on this year, the DS for even longer.

I feel the console its too gimmicky. Yet again, I'm 27, maybe that's has to do a lot with it.

Nah man. Same age, what you need to do is get some Return to Dreamland and Skyward Sword action.

Honestly if you like platformers, there are some great Wii titles you may have missed(?) among download titles. As far as DS, RPGs, mini games, action and other platformers. Contra 4 and so on.

Seriously, any time i've told a person asking when a new Nintendo system was coming out, the part they get hyped about the most is taking the console game off the TV.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Rumor has it they are going to demo a multiplayer networked Mother sequel.

I started that rumor.

Top Bottom