• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNET: Wii U to be at CES

AllenShrz

How nice for you... Begs the question why we needed to know or indeed why you're in this thread. If you're only here to troll, GTFO.

Because I used to care for them. My poor wii hasn't even turn on this year, the DS for even longer.

I feel the console its too gimmicky. Yet again, I'm 27, maybe that's has to do a lot with it.

I wonder if we'll see fleshed out concepts.

No more lame videos of drawing link and hitting golf balls pls
The latter I agree but the former fills me with joy for a Mario Paint 2/Flipnote HD. Add in export to SD card and you have a good thing going...which probably means it won't happen or wipp happen but limited to 640*480.

F-Zero HD confirmed.
Daydreaming here:
F-Zero U. The game will be in a cartooney style and you can play as your Mii. All the other drivers are restyled to look like Miis. Pre-order bonus is Captain Falcon Helmet for your Mii (was this in the 3DS hgat update already? if so, Black Shadow Horns)

I'll stop dreaming now.

watershed

Banned
The Wii U will be at CES. At behind closed door demos like the 3DS was last year.

Nintendo hasn't had a booth at CES since..... fuck knows.

I think this is what will end up happening so folks should temper their exoectations now. Someone else also said Nintendo has not registered as an exhibitor.

ugoo18

Daydreaming here:
F-Zero U. The game will be in a cartooney style and you can play as your Mii. All the other drivers are restyled to look like Miis. Pre-order bonus is Captain Falcon Helmet for your Mii (was this in the 3DS hgat update already? if so, Black Shadow Horns)

I'll stop dreaming now.

2mihawkdrink.gif

More like a nightmare

Can't fucking wait. I've been waiting a long time to see what nintendo can do with a generational leap in HW. Looking forward to seeing the wii U in action.

[Nintex]

So this is what Spike were getting their tits in a twist over?

No Xbox 3?

:(

I still think MS is going to show something on the next-gen Xbox(spec sheets, teaser whatever) as part of their Windows 8 push. They can't champion an integration strategy of Windows Phone 8, Windows 8 and all their other products and leave the Xbox out of it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Because I used to care for them. My poor wii hasn't even turn on this year, the DS for even longer.

Well stop being a spoil sport and wear kinkier clothing. The Wii will never get turned on if you're wearing what your avatar is wearing.

GCX

I don't want to slow down your hype train but remember that Iwata has said WiiU will be re-introduced at E3.

[Nintex]

I don't want to slow down your hype train but remember that Iwata has said that WiiU will be re-introduced at E3.

I'm not sure myself, Shikamaru Ninja(EAD Ninja) said that Nintendo would start talking Wii U after Zelda was out. Not to mention that several other GAF members said we would see something on Wii U before the end of the year, this might be it.
In any case as soon as this news hits most of the websites and people start asking Nintendo about it, we'll find out if this info is legit. But I think CNET has quite a good track record.

GCX

[Nintex];33581626 said:
I'm not sure myself, Shikamaru Ninja(EAD Ninja) said that Nintendo would start talking Wii U after Zelda was out. Not to mention that several other GAF members said we would see something on Wii U before the end of the year, this might be it.
In any case as soon as this news hits most of the websites and people start asking Nintendo about it, we'll find out if this info is legit. But I think CNET has quite a good track record.
We definitely might see and hear something at CES and GDC but just don't expect anything big. Those news will be saved for E3.

watershed

Banned
[Nintex];33581626 said:

But Nintendo has not registered as an exhibitor and is not signed up for any conferences/addresses. The 3ds was there last year but it was just for closed door meetings. I remember people on gaf got hyped when their presence at ces was reported but nothing came of it. Same thing will happen here.

[Nintex]

But Nintendo has not registered as an exhibitor and is not signed up for any conferences/addresses. The 3ds was there last year but it was just for closed door meetings. I remember people on gaf got hyped when their presence at ces was reported but nothing came of it. Same thing will happen here.

They could bring it to CES in a number of ways. They could release a trailer from a game, maybe lift the third party NDA or do some announcements on specs and whatnot. Most of these smaller things could even be done using PR messages and don't require a stage or a conference. See the unveiling of the 'Wii' name.

Sigh, again, nothing new from the E3 build folks. -_-;
It would be fucking stupid to cancel the showings of the E3 builds at Games Convention last august only to show the same old E3 builds at CES. The last thing Nintendo needs is to show the tech-world they've made 0 progress in over 6 months.

wsippel

Banned
We definitely might see and hear something at CES and GDC but just don't expect anything big. Those news will be saved for E3.
I doubt we'll actually have to wait that long. E3 will focus on games, release date and price. By June, the kits are in too many hands to keep secrets, and it's too late for many publishers to build up hype for their games. If Nintendo waits too long, almost everything would be leaked by E3.

watershed

Banned
[Nintex];33581762 said:
They could bring it to CES in a number of ways. They could release a trailer from a game, maybe lift the third party NDA or do some announcements on specs and whatnot. Most of these smaller things could even be done using PR messages and don't require a stage or a conference. See the unveiling of the 'Wii' name.

Possibly but the cnet article, without citing a source, says they will be hand on with the console which means either a press availability or a public demo. History suggests neither and that we'll hear nothing unless someone leaks something.

GCX

I doubt we'll actually have to wait that long. E3 will focus on games, release date and price. By June, the kits are in too many hands to keep secrets, and it's too late for many publishers to build up hype for their games. If Nintendo waits too long, almost everything would be leaked by E3.
They managed to do full E3 blowout for DS, Wii and 3DS. I don't see how WiiU would be a bigger problem.

[Nintex];33581762 said:
It would be fucking stupid to cancel the showings of the E3 builds at Games Convention last august only to show the same old E3 builds at CES. The last thing Nintendo needs is to show the tech-world they've made 0 progress in over 6 months.

Alas, that was what I was told was there from my rep. It honestly wouldn't surprise me one bit because CES isn't a big thing for Nintendo.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Episode 3 and Bayonetta 2 exclusive ban bet.

wsippel

Banned
They managed to do full E3 blowout for DS, Wii and 3DS. I don't see how WiiU would be a bigger problem.
Those systems launched at the end of the year, or the beginning of the next year, though. There were five to eight months between E3 and the actual launch, not two or three as expected with Wii U.

Great News
They are probably hedging their bets about the next xbox probably being there. Nintendo is out for blood. They need it to survive.

Top Bottom