• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Donald Trump slams CIA Director Brennan, ask if he leaked Russian Docs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This actually is probably more effective than you think. Progressive-leaning preachers, in my personal experience, cloaking anti-conservative concepts in Biblical or theological language have been more effective in pushing people towards empathy than anything else I've seen. And when you realize that the people who exploit and cater to your beliefs possess no empathy at all, that encourages critical thought.

No, I know it can be effective. Trust me when I say I know a lot about these people and the environment they inhabit. The problem is that there's now too many mega-preachers firmly on the right and subtlety (or not so subtlety, hello, hello Franklin Graham you basket of rotten cunts) preaching the gospel of the GOP. They've become so linked and intertwined, they'll never give their massive platform to anyone remotely progressive. It would, very literally, threaten their way of life. It would have to be a grassroots movement that evolved into a movement, but the problem exists there, because you have such a massive 'on the ground' army of followers to the right that your message gets drowned out in their shouting, and you never even get a chance at a wider audience.

It's pretty much impenetrable, to be frank. The last group of people we need to even think about catering to is the religious right. It would be the biggest waste of time.

This is so grossly irresponsible and destructive with the fake news shout downs.

It'll get to a point where people will only ever believe what they see.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Not good. I worried that he's going to replace the top brass at the intelligence agencies with incompetent yes-men and there's going to be another attack.

avaya

The most frightening thing I heard over the weekend was when Priebus was asked what he thought of the CIA/NSA view on the Russian situation and he deflected that he needed to hear from more people, specifically, "What does Comey think of this?"

Comey is in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom