• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN:Russians believed they would be able to use Michael Flynn to influence Trump

Kilau

I think there are some adults in the loop who are aware there is a tiny chance he could spin out and need to be blocked, even though by law there is not supposed to be anyone that can r refuse the president if he is determined.

Likely? Probably not. Narcissists are scary as fuck when backed into a corner though and we've already seen him bomb another country as a distraction tactic.
I don't like that this unhinged man-child has the nuke codes at all.
Plus, I live in the "you're fucking ash" zone of the D.C. Wasteland.

No he'd need the Sec Def to sign off on it. Nothing can happen without him.

Thanks for responses. I have some faith we will be okay at lest in that regard.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, I think I have figured out Trump's perfect exit strategy.

Have his doctors state he has a number of mental diseases, and throw EVERYONE under the bus, saying they were taking advantage of him when he had not been in a sound state of mind.

Ok, I think I have figured out Trump's perfect exit strategy.

Have his doctors state he has a number of mental diseases, and throw EVERYONE under the bus, saying they were taking advantage of him when he had not been in a sound state of mind.

Not a bad idea, but there's no way in hell that Trump's ego will ever allow him to stick with that plan. At some point, mid-trial, he'd break rank with his doctors and lawyers just to assert that he "could have been in a sound state of mind if he'd wanted to" or some dumb line like that.

Not a bad idea, but there's no way in hell that Trump's ego will ever allow him to stick with that plan. At some point, mid-trial, he'd break rank with his doctors and lawyers just to assert that he "could have been in a sound state of mind if he'd wanted to" or some dumb line like that.

Said breaking of rank would only solidify the doctors' and lawyers' case, at this stage.

Instro

I'd like to think they will be able to directly tie Trump to something, but it seems like his issues are pure incompetence rather than direct knowledge and involvement. Also most of the people willing to work with him or be on his campaign are the lowest of scum. I'm sure his businesses have plenty of shady dealings, but I don't know if that will factor into all of this. Hopefully the get him on the coverup though, that seems like a legit angle that can be pushed on Trump.

Zolo

I'd like to think they will be able to directly tie Trump to something, but it seems like his issues are pure incompetence rather than direct knowledge and involvement. Also most of the people willing to work with him or be on his campaign are the lowest of scum. I'm sure his businesses have plenty of shady dealings, but I don't know if that will factor into all of this. Hopefully the get him on the coverup though, that seems like a legit angle that can be pushed on Trump.

Info on his businesses could still show conflicts of interest during his presidency.

Anyone making avatar bets on whether or not it is discovered that there are Russian ties to this subreddit?
*puts on tinfoil*

I still subscribe to the theory that they've been under FBI investigation, since Comey said they were also looking into Russian propaganda and bot activity. It would certainly explain why the Reddit admins have gone out of their way to do everything but shut them down, despite very clearly breaching the site rules on many occasions.

Yeah... Trump is a raging narcissist, and I don't think he'd ever be able to admit that he's flawed or impaired in some way.

I don't think he'd resign, either, as that would also be admitting that he's failed.

Either he's impeached and rage-tweets for the rest of his life, he's impeached and then is prosecuted and jailed for crimes, or he's impeached or comes close to it and commits suicide. That's dark and maybe inappropriate, but idk man. It could be the first time in his life he faced real consequences, and the fall would be harsh. His business is his brand, and his brand is his name, and his name would be permanently associated with corruption and incompetence.

It's really hard to see at this point how we as a nation can keep this up until 2020 :/

Even if the russia investigation doesn't get congress to remove him, he'll still be dumb and incompetent, so he'll be primaried by a republican challenger or he'll run and be defeated.

Trump himself has more shady ties and conflicts of interest with the Russian mafia, Russian oligarchs, and the Russian government than Jared Kushner and Michael Flynn combined. He's been at it with the Russians for decades, before he ever even thought about a presidential run.

I am almost certain that the transfer of a large amount of private equity in Rosneft, Russia's state run oil company, directly benefited Trump, likely by way of shell companies connected with Trump's businesses.

Vagabundo

Trump himself has more shady ties and conflicts of interest with the Russian mafia, Russian oligarchs, and the Russian government than Jared Kushner and Michael Flynn combined. He's been at it with the Russians for decades, before he ever even thought about a presidential run.

I am almost certain that the transfer of a large amount of private equity in Rosneft, Russia's state run oil company, directly benefited Trump, likely by way of shell companies connected with Trump's businesses.

At some point Trump companies will be raided. I've no doubt. Unfortunately these type of investigations take a long time and manpower. Hard to do when its the man at the top.

I'd love to see Trump arrested. Idiot.

With all this smoke, you'd think someone would finally have the balls to subpoena his tax returns. When it comes to deciding if there was collusion, why wouldn't this be vital proof either way?

Mr.Shrugglesツ;237466653 said:
This stinks of "he wasn't influence directly".
Yeah, and it's kind of odd how many people seem to be biting considering that we already know that both Yates and Obama warned him about Flynn and he did nothing. Ignorance card ain't going to fly here, at least it shouldn't.

That's what the Russian's are trying to frame this as because it benefits them if Trump remains in the whitehouse and Flynn is the fall guy. Trump is guilty as fuck with or without Flynn.

Zolo

Nah. He knew what was going on.

VtCfV1f.jpg

Mauddib

Banned
HOLY FUCK. The King of Saudi came to the airport, right on the tarmac, to meet Trump. That's unprecedented. And he shook the hands of Melania who was dressed like no other woman has in front of him in public How the fuck did he manage that? This is going to play bigly for his base :(

Mauddib

Banned
Mr.Shrugglesツ;237467526 said:
Who wouldn't go and collect their prize?

Jokes aside this is pretty crazy. Why in the world world would the King of Saudi provide so much credibility to a President who is barely liked at home?

HOLY FUCK. The King of Saudi came to the airport, right on the tarmac, to meet Trump. That's unprecedented. And he shook the hands of Melania who was dressed like no other woman has in front of him in public How the fuck did he manage that? This is going to play bigly for his base :(
Who gives a shit about his base?

Edit: To clarify, whatever he does or does not do "is going to play bigly" for them. Their approval of him at this juncture is assumed and, while not completely irrelevant, something to be nonplussed over.

Mauddib

Banned
Yo Yo Yo! Stop the press! Jesse Waters just now on live air said that even he's worried and shocked at the amount of smoke coming out, implying that he thinks Trump might be guilty. And then the rest of the Fox cast forced him to basically take that back.

norinrad

We were so close to a competent, smart, well-versed person as president.

And half the country said, "Screw that. We want a racist dumb fuck."

I have been thinking about this for a while. America after all voted for a half black/half white president twice. I think Hilary being a woman robbed a lot of mostly men the wrong way. She has her lady hate base which is pretty strong, but a lot of men could not deal with having a lady president. Bigotry and racism played a huge part, but Hilary being a woman is what they hated the most.

Morat

Banned
I have been thinking about this for a while. America after all voted for a half black/half white president twice. I think Hilary being a woman robbed a lot of mostly men the wrong way. She has her lady hate base which is pretty strong, but a lot of men could not deal with having a lady president. Bigotry and racism played a huge part, but Hilary being a woman is what they hated the most.

I suspect there is a fair amount of truth in this.

My friend told me that a woman isn't capable of being in charge.

He was raised by his mom who was pretty much always in charge cause his dad was a deadbeat.

Yea.

Top Bottom