• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump advisor Flynn discussed sanctions w/ Russia before inauguration, despite denial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there ever been a bigger bunch of hypocrites in human history than the current GOP? Hillary's completely legal emails are disqualifying, Flynn's actual illegal phone calls are just fine. Bill gets prosecuted for lying under oath about a blowjob, these guys get promotions for lying under oath about treason. They endlessly rant about Obamacare, which was upheld by the courts time and again, then run to defend Trump's executive actions that the courts are overturning right and left. Shameless fucking traitors.

Out of all people, I am shocked that Flynn did not know all of his calls with Russia would be recorded.

This isn't the first time he's been caught leaking government secrets or other incriminating info. He got off free with no jail time last time also.

Tovarisc

OlRNB5u.png

https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/830089198552092673

Tovarisc

Maybe thought they could just control the intelligence agencies once they got power.

Makes one wonder if Trump's closest supporters and advisers had actual, maybe even complex, plans in place, but because Trump can't help himself it all got shot to hell.

I wouldn't trust admin officials on this one, they are definitely trying to damage control this big time but unless someone pushes hard they may just cut flynn lose or "counsel" him privately.

NimbusD

Really? I imagine they won't do anything. There'll be a big, appropriate uproar, but republicans own the govt and won't do anything. Deny it's a problem and their base won't care. That's enough for them until elections are closer. As for it ACTUALLY BEING A REAL FUCKING PROBLEM that he did this.... well... they really don't fucking care.

This is directly linked to orange in chief fucknugget. But, somehow, it's going to be overlooked, because he ran with a letter r next to his name. GOP is the party of traitors. Need to be smacked by the judicial branch. Coward traitors.

Zen Aku

Man this administration is a total shit show. Not even a month in, and already multiple people have broken laws. Scandals left and right.

This should be bigger news.

it's all over CNN and MSNBC.

I'm sure it'll be all over the Times, Washington Post, and USA Today in the morning.

Not sure how much bigger in terms of coverage it can get. This administration doesn't experience the usual sort of shame that leads to resignations or the expectation of resignations. They simply present alternative facts and move on.

I will be so happy when this dickhead goes down

Went to look at his speech at the republican convention and he spent the start
Middle
And end
Banging on about American exceptionalism and how Obama has denied it and destroyed it

And now he works for Trump who pisses all over it whenever someone corners him on putin? It's incredible the rank hypocrisy of this guy.

Rachel maddow is pissed

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/...n-s-russia-scandal-gains-clarity-874908739801

Nice round up
She points out the contacts from Flynn started from before the election and these contacts where confirmed by 9 current and former us intelligence people the reporters got input from

So the conclusion is not just that Flynn is screwed but also that the trump campaign was in contact with the Russian ambassador during the time that has already been established was Russian election meddling.

Zolo

To me, it seems to say something that Trump decided to go for ignorance rather than attacking like he usually does.

jelly

Sounds certain that the pieces are moving to sacrifice Flynn but will that save the others, I hope not.

tumblr_mp3mmhFrXH1qcjbroo1_500.gif

Flip and take them all down.

Tron-Fighting.gif

Tovarisc

X-post to tad more relevant thread;

Republicans were quiet on the matter Friday, but senior Democrats called for investigations of Flynn’s contacts with Kislyak. Sen. Claire McCaskill (Mo.), ranking Democrat on the Senate Homeland Security Committee, called for FBI Director James B. Comey to testify before the committee on the status of the bureau’s examination of Flynn’s calls.

Schiff said that he intends to request the intelligence reports on Flynn’s conversations with the Russian ambassador. Their contacts were captured as part of routine U.S. intelligence surveillance of Russian officials in the United States.

“This is one discrete set of allegations that ought to be simple to prove or disprove,” Schiff said. “If these allegations are true, it ought to compel him to step down.”

Sens. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) and Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), both members of the Senate Armed Services Committee, wrote Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis and CIA Director Mike Pompeo requesting a review of Flynn’s security clearance.

Source and more at https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...n-820pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.690869540510

antonz

To me, it seems to say something that Trump decided to go for ignorance rather than attacking like he usually does.

Oh Absolutely. I think they were shocked even on Foxnews last night. Conway got asked about Flynn repeatedly and all she would say is she would not comment at this time.

That tells you guiltier then shit. They have never held back comment

Culex

Banned
Oh Absolutely. I think they were shocked even on Foxnews last night. Conway got asked about Flynn repeatedly and all she would say is she would not comment at this time.

When your mouthpiece Conway won't even answer, you have a problem.

Yep, when Trump is guilty of something he always goes with the I don't know defense. He did this several times with Putin, David Duke, when he's testifying on trial etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom