• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Liljagare

qRVfvU1.jpeg

Liljagare

ISW has usually had good information, and this was a interesting read:

IAZRZ7M.png

Last edited:

Nonehxc

When you get millions of 155mm shells coming your way, with many millions to come...and you'll get every thing you need not to stand your ground or slowly trade a bit of land for a LOT of Russian lives, but to regain it, you don't get static cannons but rather the go forth fast and destroy everything kind and his little brother the one with all the snacks and sandwiches to kept him fed like...

BRING IN THE PAIN TRAIN 😎🚂

15 M109A6 Paladins and 15 M992 Field Artillery Ammunition Supply Vehicles (FAASV) CATs 🐈 and 2 M902 Hercules FTW 🫡🇺🇲🇺🇦

Last edited:

hlm666

Still clearing air defense systems in crimea if the reports from the last 12 hours are true. That bridge is getting fucked on may the 7th or whatever day pootins inauguration is. Are any of the long range weapons usa could provide to ukraine capable of destroying runways? If they can't take off that's another way to deal with glide bombs.

Russian society has embraced war, agressive war of conquest, as its core activity. Grinding on, regardless of costs and losses is the one thing they do better than anyone else.
If Ukraine ends in something they can spin as a victory the next war must come quickly, if only to send all away the killers now coming back home from the front.

I am utterly convinced that Russia is the modern Nazi Germany. God/Spaghetti monster/Spiritual beings help us... If Ukraine doesn't make it, Poland is next, Then Mainland Europe....

Then it's time to fire the nukes, no reason to have them if we're not going to use them when the Nazi wannabes attack you. If you don't fire them when you're being attacked or threaten to nuke the shit ouf of Russia like they do, then you could throw them away because why the fuck do you even have them then...

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Then it's time to fire the nukes, no reason to have them if we're not going to use them when the Nazi wannabes attack you. If you don't fire them when you're being attacked or threaten to nuke the shit ouf of Russia like they do, then you could throw them away because why the fuck do you even have them then...

There is the problem of assured mutual destruction.
As bad as modern conventional wars might be, they are nowhere as bad as a nuclear war.

As bad as modern conventional wars might be, they are nowhere as bad as a nuclear war.

One unfortunate thing about all of this is, Just like how they attacked Ukraine first, They may also be the ones to break all of the rules and launch an nuclear attack first.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
One unfortunate thing about all of this is, Just like how they attacked Ukraine first, They may also be the ones to break all of the rules and launch an nuclear attack first.

If it wasn't for NATO to warn Russia that if they used Nukes in Ukraine, then NATO would directly intervene in the war, then you could be sure that Russia would have already used Nukes.
That is one very sick and twisted regime, with little to no morals.

Russia will of course claim they were attacked with nukes. Some images of a crater in the woods and a geiger counter ticking will be sold as an 'intercepted American made nuclear ATACMS fired at Bryansk' that justifies them nuking Kyiv.
China will call for calm and an independent investigation while pro-Putin politicials will go 'see what happens if you fight Russia'.

Oh I agree for sure, but if you're country is about to be run over by murderous rapists / child molesters and you have a nuke at the ready, then there is no reason to not fire it. If they fire back you're probably dead yes, but if you don't you and your family will be raped/murdered anyway.

winjer

Gold Member
Oh I agree for sure, but if you're country is about to be run over by murderous rapists / child molesters and you have a nuke at the ready, then there is no reason to not fire it. If they fire back you're probably dead yes, but if you don't you and your family will be raped/murdered anyway.

The reality is that Ukraine giving up it's nukes was a big mistake. If they still had them, this invasion would not have happened.

And this is also the reason why Poland is now installing US nukes in it's own territory.
Because Poland knows, that if Ukraine falls, they are next in line for Russian invasion.

Russia will of course claim they were attacked with nukes. Some images of a crater in the woods and a geiger counter ticking will be sold as an 'intercepted American made nuclear ATACMS fired at Bryansk' that justifies them nuking Kyiv.
China will call for calm and an independent investigation while pro-Putin politicials will go 'see what happens if you fight Russia'.

What's really sad is, As a World War 2 history buff, We seem to be going through all the same things, America ignores a foreign threat like we did Germany then (It's ok during WWII certain people opposed war against Germany... Some loved Nazi Germany and Hitler... Here we are with Americans who love Russia too!)

It is quite similar.

Ukraine is at the moment fighting a larger power that may not be able to outright conquer it but tries to break its morale by bombing them. Like Britain against Germany in 1940
Russia has a powerful ally that supplies the resources to keep waging war. Like Germany and the Soviet Union in 1940
America is sympathetic to Ukraine's cause but is struggling with isolationists and outright nazi supporters. Like in 1940

If Putin was to invade China and declare war on the US the comparison is complete.

FunkMiller

I am utterly convinced that Russia is the modern Nazi Germany. God/Spaghetti monster/Spiritual beings help us... If Ukraine doesn't make it, Poland is next, Then Mainland Europe....

Nah.

Putin is not going to attack a NATO country. Let's not forget how much of a paper tiger Russia obviously is from everything we've seen thus far in the Ukrainian war. Attack on a NATO country automatically triggers a NATO response. Every single Russian emplacement along their border with Europe disappears in a couple of hours. Putin cannot take the humiliation of that happening.

And no, nukes aren't an issue. He's repeatedly threatened their use if Ukraine crosses a red line... and many red lines have been crossed.

Nah.

Putin is not going to attack a NATO country. Let's not forget how much of a paper tiger Russia obviously is from everything we've seen thus far in the Ukrainian war. Attack on a NATO country automatically triggers a NATO response. Every single Russian emplacement along their border with Europe disappears in a couple of hours. Putin cannot take the humiliation of that happening.
Not openly.

But what if a big oil tanker out of St. Petersburg has an 'accident' near Denmark and spills a massive amount of oil? Or some unknown party drops an anchor on an undersea gas pipeline from Norway to Germany?
Air bases and airports all over Europe are also massively vulnerable to drones of all types, you could destroy a billion in F35's easily with a handful of FPV drones. Jamming of 4G signals is not allowed in Europe due to regulations so it's trivial to set this up with some expendable Syrians or Iranians.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Not openly.

But what if a big oil tanker out of St. Petersburg has an 'accident' near Denmark and spills a massive amount of oil? Or some unknown party drops an anchor on an undersea gas pipeline from Norway to Germany?
Air bases and airports all over Europe are also massively vulnerable to drones of all types, you could destroy a billion in F35's easily with a handful of FPV drones. Jamming of 4G signals is not allowed in Europe due to regulations so it's trivial to set this up with some expendable Syrians or Iranians.

None of these action constitute an attack on a NATO country, which was the point I was responding to.

Backhanded bullshit goes on all the time on all sides. That's not what I was referring to.

Last edited:

Apocryphon

The reality is that Ukraine giving up it's nukes was a big mistake. If they still had them, this invasion would not have happened.

And this is also the reason why Poland is now installing US nukes in it's own territory.
Because Poland knows, that if Ukraine falls, they are next in line for Russian invasion.
To be clear, Ukraine didn’t have an independent nuclear arsenal, nor did it have control over the Soviet weapons deployed on its territory. Command and control of the weapons was entirely governed by Moscow. Ukraine didn’t have the capability of money to maintain them and literally nobody was willing to tolerate a nuclear armed Ukraine at the time. The argument is a complete non-starter:

Poland also isn’t “installing US nukes on its own territory”. They have signaled a willingness to do so but it isn’t a decision that has been made and it isn’t a decision the Polish government gets to make. The decision will be made by NATO and it isn’t at all clear whether it will happen or not:

Personally I think Poland should host US nukes as I do think they are an effective deterrent that will keep future conflicts in Europe at the proxy level, but who knows.

Tams

Not openly.

Then we can quite easily have 'accidents' happen to, say China, and then blame Russia or even India.

With the environment of disinformation Russia (and China, among others, and to some degree ourselves) have created, no one would really know what happened.

Liljagare

Last edited:

Liljagare

Cluster munitions being used against the third largest city in Ukraine.
Notable silence from all the “incredibly principled” people who loudly opposed Ukraine using U.S. supplied DPICM to break up Russian mass wave assaults across muddy fields in the Donbas.

⚡ Russia attacked Odesa with an Iskander ballistic missile equipped with cluster munitions, confirms the Prosecutor General's Office.
Metal fragments and missile debris were found within a 1.5 km radius of the impact site.

7wskxy0.jpeg

This is also a recorded war crime now, the staff of the launchers are already known, and they will hopefully be prosecuted. Dumbshits made phonecalls.

Last edited:

hlm666

"Liberating" ukrainians by dropping cluster munitions on civilians, just get fucked. Then we also have that 97 year old women walking 10km after they destroyed her village which she said even the nazis didn't destroy. Then you see some fucking western nutjob politician or media personality (yeh because they arn't a fucking journalist thats for sure) making out russia/pootin are misunderstood and not bad. Give me a fucking break.

/rant over.

Forsete

Gold Member
Video of lots of dead Orcs limited to a small area of the front.

Click the tweet and see the quoted tweet, I wasn't able to link to the quoted tweet for some reason.

Last edited:

BlackTron

What's really sad is, As a World War 2 history buff, We seem to be going through all the same things, America ignores a foreign threat like we did Germany then (It's ok during WWII certain people opposed war against Germany... Some loved Nazi Germany and Hitler... Here we are with Americans who love Russia too!)

I don't understand how anybody who went to school in this country ended up like this. We've been there, done that and had it shoved in our faces.

There seems to be some unaccountable reason "this time it's different" which is 99% bias motivated by a combination of self-centeredness and lack of understanding.

For example I was having a conversation abut taxes yesterday and the guy dropped in "Yeah so they can send it to Ukraine". Right because you have to pay more tax because we send an old jeep to Ukraine we would have had to pay to get rid of anyway, so your friends won't get sent to fight Nazis later.

BAD DEAL. Better to abandon all the people there while we fistbump at America's greatness watching WW2 reruns.

Liljagare

EyQObZ0.jpeg

The Russian penal battalion instructor speaks with pain in his heart about the only working method of the second army in the world, which is throwing corpses at enemy trenches, while the media and propaganda tell tales of heroic advances at the front. He is well aware of what lies behind the victorious reports and the principle of moving forward "at any cost".

Nonehxc

Holy shit at these cluster weapons.

Lovely GRID KILLERS 😎

Yep, those are ATACMS without a doubt. We saw the HIMARS version a lot, much smaller and without such enormous killzone being used to great effect. These, oh boy, these are the ripped big bro of those. 🤘🏻😃🇺🇦🇺🇲

I've been watching the casualties count go much up, +30% in a week. And Ukraine has barely started to receive the goodies. 2000 casualties for Victorrrry Day Komrrrad you heard here first. 🤭

Last edited:

hlm666

I don't think the first was a dud, it just wasn't a cluster one because it exploded pretty well like a large conventional explosion. Good luck trying to stage an assault inside their range, you watch the fuckwits try do it at night only for it to make it easier for the drones to see them and harder for me to enjoy the strippers ukaine send to their party.

Nonehxc

I don't think the first was a dud, it just wasn't a cluster one because it exploded pretty well like a large conventional explosion. Good luck trying to stage an assault inside their range, you watch the fuckwits try do it at night only for it to make it easier for the drones to see them and harder for me to enjoy the strippers ukaine send to their party.
I would think the first one...

bVyqqAj.gif

For AD. Or more probable, the cassette hitting ground before the bomblets.

Btw, we've been seeing lots and lots and lots of new informational warfare this past week, and specially, these past few days. The new package really have them in bits, metaphorically and literally. We're back to the old 'Russian Air Defenses easily intercepted 6 spanking shiny decadent rusted Yankee ATACMS' which we all know in common lingo means 'We intercepted12 ATACMS with our best Russian Iron Face and we are dieds in the hundreds, PLS HALP'

Last edited:

hlm666

I would think the first one...

bVyqqAj.gif

For AD. Or more probable, the cassette hitting ground before the bomblets.

Btw, we've been seeing lots and lots and lots of new informational warfare this past week, and specially, these past few days. The new package really have them in bits, metaphorically and literally. We're back to the old 'Russian Air Defenses easily intercepted 6 spanking shiny decadent rusted Yankee ATACMS' which we all know in common lingo means 'We intercepted12 ATACMS with our best Russian Iron Face and we are dieds in the hundreds, PLS HALP'
I yield to your explanation, I got no idea how they work that first explosion just looked normal. I just want to see more meat waves turned into swiss cheese (literally). If anyone thinks that's a little extreme, so is dropping cluster munitions on civilians ontop of all the other shit they fire at civilians.

Nonehxc

I yield to your explanation, I got no idea how they work that first explosion just looked normal. I just want to see more meat waves turned into swiss cheese (literally). If anyone thinks that's a little extreme, so is dropping cluster munitions on civilians ontop of all the other shit they fire at civilians.
Hey, I'm not even an amateur connoisseur. 😄 I've been just learning on my feet since this world changing invasion started hard in 2022. Sadly, as it could be said of many, didn't follow or cared much for Ukraine 2014-2022, and sure if we took them more seriously then, we probably wouldn't find ourselves and them in this quagmire. The least I can do is to learn, not fall for propaganda, help them a bit and disseminate vetted and real info.

To be fair, I learn much from other people on Reddit/Twitter and then drop it here.

Like this, a nice video with cool chill music posted by Ukraine's Armed Forces from A YEAR AGO 🤬🤬🤬 showing ATACMS M39 spin and bomblet deployment. This is why the Russians are TERRIFIED. To be able to take Chasiv Yar before/shortly after Victory Day, they have to mass. Mass means frontline. Frontline means easy line of sight of drones, which means übershort Time to Target travel for these ripped puppies not to kill a few tens dudes and their trucks on a training field in Luhansk, but to cut the throat of a Brigade with all their armor and ammo on a offensive push and leave them bleeding to their deaths in the lovely fields of Ukraine. And that's just one of these ripped dudes.

GO FORTH, my Swarm of DEATH, and bring us THEIR SOULS!! 🐝💥 🐝 💥 🐝 💥 🐝

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Nah.

And no, nukes aren't an issue. He's repeatedly threatened their use if Ukraine crosses a red line... and many red lines have been crossed.
A ducumemt recently leaked which outlines use of tactical nukes in the even of China invading Russia... Not a close ally

Nonehxc

Newly created bot account publishing pics of Leopards and Abrams in Moscow 😄

Talking about the 'hundreds of millions of moneys spent by NATO' haha 😆

Pray we don't send the tens of thousands of those and others we have your way to knock on your door, kiddo.

You've never made friends in your entire history as swamp people and those charred husks come from a lot of friends from a lot of places with a lot of training and a lot of weapons.

Pray as hard as you can with your clinched ass.

Last edited:

Liljagare

KmW4PvB.jpeg

Tonight, another terrible Russian attack on Odesa with ballistic missiles, hitting a warehouse that send goods across Ukraine and injuring 13 people.
This underscores again the importance of air defense to Ukraine’s ability to defend itself against Russia’s brutal attacks.

❗ Russian forces continue to strike residential areas of Kherson.
Last night, a shell struck a private property, causing an outbuilding to catch fire.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze.

The Economist: Do you stand by what you said about possibly sending ground troops to Ukraine? Macron: Absolutely. As I said, I’m not ruling anything out, because we are facing someone who is not ruling anything out. We have undoubtedly been too hesitant by defining the limits of our action to someone who no longer has any and who is the aggressor! Our capacity is to be credible, to continue to help, to give Ukraine the means to resist.

https://mstdn.social/@MAKS23@mastodon.social/112370898801141934

Macron: "I have a clear strategic objective: Russia cannot win in Ukraine. If Russia wins in Ukraine, there will be no security in Europe. What security will there be for neighbouring countries, Moldova, Romania, Poland, Lithuania and the others?", The Economist interview.

https://mstdn.social/@MAKS23@mastodon.social/112370879758637808

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
They've been pretty tit for tat in the transfer of their equipment. If America gives Tomahawk or ATACMS, then the Germans will probably send Taurus.
Yeah, every nation is giving Ukraine their old stock. Scholz only gave modern tanks when the US did to. Same story here. Its a balancing act. Every NATO member giving Ukraine the modern long range stuff means war with Russia. That would stop being support, but war per proxy. No one want that.

At least that's my understanding of the hesitant support from various nations.

Yeah, every nation is giving Ukraine their old stock. Scholz only gave modern tanks when the US did to. Same story here. Its a balancing act. Every NATO member giving Ukraine the modern long range stuff means war with Russia. That would stop being support, but war per proxy. No one want that.

At least that's my understanding of the hesitant support from various nations.
It's too late for that buddy. We are already that involved I would say this has been a proxy war since the last year.

Top Bottom