• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN:Russians believed they would be able to use Michael Flynn to influence Trump

Can anyone give me the background of the Trump two scoops thing? It's kind of driving me nuts that I don't know
CNN said:
President Donald Trump is living every child's dream: More ice cream.

According to an extensive interview with TIME Magazine, Trump's White House staff has settled into Trump's routine and know his desires, sometimes before he does,
For example: Trump takes two scoops of ice cream with his chocolate cream pie, TIME reported, while everyone else around the table gets just one.

Source

You don't actually want him to resign right now. You just think you do. If Trump resigns, Pence becomes president, and you would have the exact same general agenda in the administration except it would be led by an actual vaguely competent politician who is actually mentally capable of handling the basic day-to-day functions of the job (not to mention being able to weather the storm of these investigations without going on random contradictory Twitter tirades).

What you ACTUALLY want is for Trump to stubbornly but impotently cling to power for as long as he can. The longer he's there and the more unhinged he becomes in defending or refuting the allegations and investigations against him, the more likely he is to drag everyone down with him, including Pence and other members of his inner circle.

Of course, you'd still end up with President Paul Ryan out of that...

I want this to drag out but be totally neutered until right after the midterms.

Ithil

Yeah, just got this message. Trumpers falling down like a house of cards.

KhT1tni.jpg

"Free speech"

Note, this is the subreddit that literally bans any poster who has a dissenting opinion of any kind. Apparently it's in a matter of minutes too, I hear people have tested to see just how innocuous a statement you could make that they'd ban for.

I really don't understand the "Trump didn't know" narrative at all.. Given the context

Same here. There is functionally no way he did not know that hitching himself to Flynn would hitch himself to Russia. From the warnings by Obama and Yates to the vetting by Kushner and Pence,down to the interest in keeping Comey from investigating him. He knew what Flynn was. He accepted what Flynn was. And he hoped to benefit from Flynn and his connections.

Kusagari

The thing that stands in the way of this is consistency. Every single time Russia or Putin is mentioned Trump speaks positively. If he was really in the dark that consistency wouldn't exist. IMO he was definitely in on it.

But he's not in the dark going off my theory. He knows that Kush, Flynn, etc. are communicating with the Russians. Trump is just thinking of them as "business partners" that his middle men are dealing with. So, of course, Trump goes out of the way to defend them to keep up the business deal.

Like, Trump is definitely complicit in my theory. He's just too stupid to realize the actual consequences of what's happening.

Likewise, with the "obstruction of justice" situation with Flynn. He IS obstructing justice but I don't think he actually realizes it. He's just trying to boss people around and save his friend like he's still running one of his companies.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I really don't understand the "Trump didn't know" narrative at all.. Given the context

Its baffling. Maybe its due to being untouched so far, as far as concrete aligations, as Flynn has been the primary focus. People need to start viewing this as a criminal organisation, than just a couple of bad seeds.

You don't actually want him to resign right now. You just think you do. If Trump resigns, Pence becomes president, and you would have the exact same general agenda in the administration except it would be led by an actual vaguely competent politician who is actually mentally capable of handling the basic day-to-day functions of the job (not to mention being able to weather the storm of these investigations without going on random contradictory Twitter tirades).

What you ACTUALLY want is for Trump to stubbornly but impotently cling to power for as long as he can. The longer he's there and the more unhinged he becomes in defending or refuting the allegations and investigations against him, the more likely he is to drag everyone down with him, including Pence and other members of his inner circle.

We're at the point where he's blabbing top secret intel to the Russians. He's too much of a liability now.

entremet

So Flynn getting the death penalty? Treason is punishable by death.

I'm anti DP myself, but dude will be crazy trouble if this was the McCarthy days.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
"Free speech"

Note, this is the subreddit that literally bans any poster who has a dissenting opinion of any kind. Apparently it's in a matter of minutes too, I hear people have tested to see just how innocuous a statement you could make that they'd ban for.

So why were the mods removed, specifically?

And if they want their speech to be "free" why are they actively imprisoning it?

The Adder

Banned

Because the narrative that makes for the most entertaining piece of media is everyone around him and half-the GOP being in on it and him being completely oblivious. People tend to latch onto the most entertaining outcome.

Betty

Banned
"Free speech"

I can confirm this is true, I made a remark once on there that was completely neutral and just questioning trump's rational and I was blocked from the reddit.

They are the biggest echo-chamber, just like their leader all they do is project.

Zolo

That's going to be the last remaining excuse when the evidence starts piling up. Even if approval among Republicans stay high, they can't just say 'Yeah. He colluded. So what? Fuck Democrats.'

I think people are saying that's gonna be his excuse, but real talk of course he's in on it.

A Narcissist's Prayer

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

---> And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You deserved it.

We are closing on stage "-->"
The last stage is the scary one.

That's going to be the last remaining excuse when the evidence starts piling up. Even if approval among Republicans stay high, they can't just say 'Yeah. He colluded. So what? Fuck Democrats.'

But that statement is easily destroyed with: ""Why did Trump then go on to use his authority to fire Flynn first and Comey later while he was investigating Flynn?" "Trump didn't know" might be their last line of defense but it's as flimsy as wet tissue.

Surfinn

If the perspective is "I think his defense is going to be about claiming ignorance", I can understand that.

But there are people in this thread genuinely asking if this means he is/has been acting unwittingly.

THAT is what I don't understand.

Cagey

Banned
So Flynn getting the death penalty? Treason is punishable by death.

I'm anti DP myself, but dude will be crazy trouble if this was the McCarthy days.
Like I said earlier, we used to hang people for this. Literally hang them.

As someone not wholly against the DP, a conviction of treason should have this seriously on the table. It's the worst crime one can commit against the state.

I foresee #TrumpDidNothingWrong as the new thing that people on the deep right will start saying if by some amazing chance that the President really did not know anything about this.

Crocodile

I disagree. If Pence takes over you better believe a huge portion of Trumps base check's out to say nothing of the ties Pence might have to all this. GOP coalition is barely holding together. If GOP thought they would be better politically with Pence they would have already started impeachment process. There's a reason they REALLY don't want to do it even if they hate Trump.

This article makes a good case for this. Also as bad as Pence is, there is zero chance he will start nuclear war. There are also TONS of issues to hammer the GOP over regardless if Trump is president or not (see healthcare!).

shiba5

A Narcissist's Prayer

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

---> And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You deserved it.

We are closing on stage "-->"
The last stage is the scary one.

It's not hyperbole when I say I'm scared that when he hits that last stage we'll get the big red button... and not the one that orders Diet Coke.

I disagree. If Pence takes over you better believe a huge portion of Trumps base check's out to say nothing of the ties Pence might have to all this. GOP coalition is barely holding together. If GOP thought they would be better politically with Pence they would have already started impeachment process. There's a reason they REALLY don't want to do it even if they hate Trump.

This article makes a good case for this. Also as bad as Pence is, there is zero chance he will start nuclear war. There are also TONS of issues to hammer the GOP over regardless if Trump is president or not (see healthcare!).

Nevermind the fact that the GOP "let this happen" will be enough to hammer for Dems for awhile.

rjinaz

Yeah, just got this message. Trumpers falling down like a house of cards.

Well I for one cannot believe a bunch of horrible people filled with hate couldn't survive a community.

But yes this has been a very good week indeed. I needed this. It's been hell since the election of Donald Grab them by the Pussy Trump.

Kilau

It's not hyperbole when I say I'm scared that when he hits that last stage we'll get the big red button... and not the one that orders Diet Coke.

So you think it's likely he will launch nukes in some sort of fit of rage?

I think there are some adults in the loop who are aware there is a tiny chance he could spin out and need to be blocked, even though by law there is not supposed to be anyone that can r refuse the president if he is determined.

shiba5

Likely? Probably not. Narcissists are scary as fuck when backed into a corner though and we've already seen him bomb another country as a distraction tactic.
I don't like that this unhinged man-child has the nuke codes at all.
Plus, I live in the "you're fucking ash" zone of the D.C. Wasteland.

Likely? Probably not. Narcissists are scary as fuck when backed into a corner though and we've already seen him bomb another country as a distraction tactic.
I don't like that this unhinged man-child has the nuke codes at all.
Plus, I live in the "you're fucking ash" zone of the D.C. Wasteland.

Expect wmata to have delays right before the nukes land lol

I don't think any American has potentially been in as much legal trouble as Michael Flynn in my lifetime. Anyone know whether he's still subject to UCMJ or if other Federal charges would override that?
Not sure if you were alive during Ollie North's Iran-Contra affair.
North was tried in 1988. He was indicted on 16 felony counts, and on May 4, 1989, he was initially convicted of three: accepting an illegal gratuity, aiding and abetting in the obstruction of a congressional inquiry, and ordering the destruction of documents through his secretary, Fawn Hall. He was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Gerhard Gesell on July 5, 1989 to a three-year suspended prison term, two years probation, $150,000 in fines, and 1,200 hours of community service.

Top Bottom