• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cobra Kai S3 - Jan 8, 2021 - Netflix

bitbydeath

Also been renewed for a 4th season.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Looking forward to S3.

I am just not sure, if this needs a season 4.
To me it seems they could end up their story threads so well in S3 with Daniel and Johnny kicking Kreese's ass.

I’m not sure if they had time to get Elizabeth Shue for Season 3 before it blew up in popularity. She sounds open to it but that was in a recent interview. Could be a big surprise considering how Season 2 played out?

I’m sure they could still bring back Terry Silver (If they don’t already for this season) or someone from Karate Kid II but that might be a stretch.

I’m not sure if they had time to get Elizabeth Shue for Season 3 before it blew up in popularity. She sounds open to it but that was in a recent interview. Could be a big surprise considering how Season 2 played out?

I’m sure they could still bring back Terry Silver (If they don’t already for this season) or someone from Karate Kid II but that might be a stretch.
Tamlyn Tomita is still acting (she was that Romulan Commander in Picard).

bucyou

849c62ecfa2ba0b8341a1c93bc01b505.jpg

jason10mm

Gold Member
Fuck yeah!! I hope it's more like season 1 than season 2 cringe fest.
I dont know what wrong with you people. Season 2 fights and that hot ass Tara chick are better than anything in S1. I want Thomas Ian Griffith and Elizabeth Shue and that guy from KK2! More more more!!!

lachesis

Well, spoiler full (for the ones who didn't watch S1 & 2) trailer is here!

Definitely excited about S3. Hawk vs fish stick boy would be interesting. lol...

carlosrox

Banned
Cool spoiler in that thumbnail for someone who hasn't finished S2 yet (not blaming the OP).

I think this show is pretty fantastic. This is a reboot done very right in my opinion. Mostly all the characters are pretty likeable (Danny's daughter is probably the worst offender) and I think the mains and their arcs have been handled very well so far.

I heard the second season dipped in quality but I find it just as good as the first so far.

Hopefully the third keeps it up. It's a great show and I'm glad it's still going.

Too bad these morons canceled Dark Crystal though.

Can you imagine the train wreck this would have been if Disney made it? Daniel killed off at the end of the first episode. And Kreese coming back as a clone.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Season 2 was much weaker than the first one but I'm still interested in the show. I hope they can match the quality of the first one. Terry Silver needs to come back. He sure would spice things up.

Sweet, looking forward to it. Got my daughter and wife into it, they binged S1 and S2 now hanging out for S3. Really well made too. I hope they keep this pace up for the progression throughout S3, one of the best aspects to the show.

greyshark

Really enjoyed the first two seasons - looking forward to this. That ending to S2 was so over the top considering how grounded the show has been. Will be interesting to see which direction they go. Definitely expecting Elizabeth Shue’s return at some point.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Season 2 was much weaker than the first one but I'm still interested in the show. I hope they can match the quality of the first one. Terry Silver needs to come back. He sure would spice things up.
I loved Terry Silver. He was so over-the-top villainous. He reminded me of an evil Steven Seagal.

I also just heard somewhere Chozen, the Okinawan antagonist from the second film (the kid, not the dad who redeemed) might return.

THERE'S NO MERCY FOR THE WEAK.... *honk honk*

Kev Kev

I'm in. Team Lawrence for life. Daniel was the real villain of the first movie.
ive heard a lot of people say this but i feel your missing the entire premise of the karate kid/cobra kai series if thats what you really think. the point of this whole show is to examine the idea that everyone is the villain in someone else's story, from a certain perspective. the show repeatedly sets this theme up: daniel vs johnny, miguel vs robby, tory vs samantha, cobra kai vs miyagi-do (GAF vs Era .... lol i kid i kid, era are certainly the villains in that story :messenger_tears_of_joy:). like, you tell me, who are the good guys and bad guys in those match ups? 🤷‍♂️ i dunno it depends on your perspective. each side thinks they are the good guy and the other is bad. but its not that simple, much like life and certainly politics.

miyagi's lessons on balance is still at the center of the message of the show. you cant be an ass kicking son a of a bitch and expect everyone to like you, but you also cant be a pussy push over who doesn't know how to stand up for yourself. there is a balance in between those two things that we should be striving for. but its difficult to stay in that place consistently, and thats what makes life hard.

the only character to consistently be the bad guy, with no good guy counter part, is kreese. and honestly, besides johnny, he is the most interesting character on the show bc i have no fucking idea where they are going with his story. if the show sticks to it's theme, we should see some kind of a redemption arc for him. but with miyagi being the only yin to his yang, i dont know how kreese will be able to find the perspective he needs to find balance. he may be too far gone already, which would be a sad narrative for old white guy vietnam vets. as if the show is saying "see, THESE are the real bad guys!". i dunno, but it'll be interesting to see how they play that out.

i just wish they found a way to peel off this layer of cheese :messenger_grimmacing_. i dont what it is. the acting, the music, the teen drama... its all just so 🤮 🤮 🤮 but im enjoying the over all perspective and balance themes enough to watch S3 so ill check it out..... i just hope they make the rest less cornball...

lachesis

That doesn’t look like a kick that should be on television. It looks really bad. I’m sure some martial arts expert is gonna “lol noob” me into the ground but seriously it just looks funny

Well, Mr. Miyagi didn't really look or had moves like a martial art master of doing backflips and Van Dam splits and super high kicks - and Ralph also always looked pretty awkward in his Karate stance and all, even his prime years. I give him credit, though that he is almost 60 yrs old and doing that himself - and he is an actor, not a martial artist.

Thing is, it kinda works in this case - that he is more or less regular guy who practices Karate off and on basis. I loved the fact that when Johnny kicked first time in Ep1, he was literally in pain with groin pain too.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
That doesn’t look like a kick that should be on television. It looks really bad. I’m sure some martial arts expert is gonna “lol noob” me into the ground but seriously it just looks funny
You’re not wrong, has the look of a middle aged man who has never trained. A head instructor of a karate school wouldn’t have such poor mobility, even at most mcdojos.

I saw a promo for Season 3, remembered this was a thing, and just binge watched the entire first two seasons in 3 days. I'm so in when Season 3 comes out, I haven't enjoyed a show so much in years, cheese and all.

belmarduk

Man..

I knew I should've watched the Karate Kid movies before this.

The show continues to be fantastic. Glad it was renewed for season 4.

belmarduk

She was a pretty minor character and
a rich girl changing schools after a huge all-out high school brawl
was a good enough explanation for me. She might be back. I've noticed the most annoying character of season two isn't back, so that's something.

chris121580

I binged it all today and absolutely loved it. They just keeping pulling it off each season no matter how cheesy it can get. Johnny Lawrence is officially one of my favorite characters of all time. He goes above and beyond in this one

TTOOLL

Watched the first 4 episodes tonight with my fiancée. She loves the show.

I like it so far but I’m kinda tired of these situations. There’s always this little thing that prevents something good to happen. They’ve been using this strategy since season 1.

I teared up for real when they read that letter. The show really shines when it brings the movies back.

lachesis

First half of the season 3 felt like recouping from past season finale... but loved the last ep.
Also like the fact the cameos - important or non-important roles are there for a reason but does not effect the existing status quo as well... and had some good closure. At the end, it tee's up for the 4th season, which I hope it may be the final season. Otherwise it may seem like it'd be dragging.

Only real thing that I'm now more worried is how Robbie's character will resolve in the end? I would love to see Aisha back for Season 4. Crossing fingers.

Top Bottom