• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Ghost XB1/PS4 comparions rolling in (list of all updated sites)

LCfiner

The comparison reviews of this game is a perfect example of how some people are very sensitive to framerate drops and don't care about blurry or aliased images while others are very sensitive to resolution and don't really notice framerate drops.

Sounds like things are all over the place. Some notice the framerate differences, some dont. Some notice the res differences, some can't tell. Not an objective analysis but it shows how varied peoples impressions can be.

So both versions pretty much suck? Nice job.

The XBOX One version apparently runs more smoothly at a lower resolution than the PS4 version. How does that equal to both versions suck? People complain about how sites fail to mention how much better the PS4 versions of multiplatform games are but perhaps the story isn't as cut and dry as you might claim. Many sites said the differences didn't matter. Well that sells BOTH systems short not just the PS4.

The Dark One

PS4 framerate drops, but this can't be Gaf told me ps4 was stronger....

I love how this confirms that it is developers issue and not so much hardware. I'm excited for both consoles, but what i'd really like to see is developers stepping it up a notch.

at any rate 3 days.... :D

The big problem is they're mentioning framerate drops on the PS4, but no mentioning an amount. Are we talking 5 fps? 20? This is some shit they really need to tell us

Alienous

deserved it.

anyway. It is really interesting what is going on with both versions.

Me6sTb5.gif

A lot of conflicting information. Hopefully Digital Foundry and Giant Bomb will have impressions of the Xbox One version soon so I can figure out which platform to play it on. If the Xbox One version has the same framerate issues that have been reported on the PS4, then I'll get the PS4 version because of the better resolution. If the framerate is better on the Xbox One version, however, I may choose that instead.

Mung

Curufinwe

PS4 framerate drops, but this can't be Gaf told me ps4 was stronger....

I love how this confirms that it is developers issue and not so much hardware. I'm excited for both consoles, but what i'd really like to see is developers stepping it up a notch.

at any rate 3 days.... :D

The PS4 is stronger. That's why BF4 runs at a higher resolution and a higher frame rate.

Hexa

A lot of conflicting information. Hopefully Digital Foundry and Giant Bomb will have impressions of the Xbox One version soon so I can figure out which platform to play it on. If the Xbox One version has the same framerate issues that have been reported on the PS4, then I'll get the PS4 version because of the better resolution. If the framerate is better on the Xbox One version, however, I may choose that instead.

I don't trust anyone at this point. Will wait to see with my own eyes. lol

Dragon

Banned

Giant Bomb is not competing with Digital Foundry on this stuff and DF hasn't proved trustworthy in the past.

JABEE

Two more sites saying they prefer the X1 version over PS4.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/manif...-great-on-xbox-one-i-actually-prefer-it-22533

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/11/12/review-call-of-duty-ghosts-xbox-one/61727/

Resolutiongate a storm in a teacup afterall? Sessler redeemed?

"Resolutiongate" was coined by media. If by "Resolutiongate" you mean the objectively different specifications of the system, that remains to be seen.

The resolution difference in almost every multi-platform game has been just evidence of the difference being apparent right away. This is the time in the console cycle where you should be seeing the least amount of difference when games are being developed for specs that are not locked down.

I think the contention that this is some isolated incident that will go away after launch is premature. There is no history of consoles with similar architecture, but significantly better GPU and memory structure and read speed, not showing a difference in real world performance. We must wait.

Minions

Two more sites saying they prefer the X1 version over PS4.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/manif...-great-on-xbox-one-i-actually-prefer-it-22533

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/11/12/review-call-of-duty-ghosts-xbox-one/61727/

Resolutiongate a storm in a teacup afterall? Sessler redeemed?

The first one says they prefer the controller layout so stick with the xbox?

The second one says they had very little hands on time so they cant determine which is best?
"Call of Duty: Ghosts is a stunner on Xbox One. It may not be the flagship title to demo in hopes of proving how superior next-gen gaming is to current-gen, but it’s one of the finer looking launch titles on the console. The differences in quality will be instantly apparent to devoted players of the franchise and the Xbox One controller feels like it was built for the game. I haven’t had enough time with the PS4 version to declare this the definitive version, but at this point it’s my version of choice. While Ghosts is superb on the Xbox 360, future Xbox One owners would do themselves a great disservice for not investing (or upgrading to) this version"

UberTag

Any chance the conflicting assessments are due to the PS4 version experiencing framerate drops during the campaign but performing comparably in that department (and is thus better due to the visual upgrade) in multiplayer?
Or have we heard specifics relating to framerate drops during multiplayer on the PS4?

Crisco

Banned
The overarching issue here is that the game looks like utter shit, on all platforms. I just finished watching the IGN comparison video and honestly couldn't believe my eyes. This cannot be a 2013 game. The fact that it can't maintain 1080p/60 on any nextgen platform, including PC, is a goddamn embarrassment. Did IW borrow Blizzard's coders or something?

gtj1092

Remember when Wii u cod ghost ran smooth but it turned out that was due to it never reaching 60fps or when every site was reporting dr3 was locked at 30 fps. Just trying to say I'll wait for actual fps analysis.

coldfoot

Banned
The first one says they prefer the controller layout so stick with the xbox?

The second one says they had very little hands on time so they cant determine which is best?
Here's a quote from the second site:
I’ll need more time with the PS4 version to make a definitive statement on which plays better, but regardless of who ultimately gets the edge, it’s completely unfair to malign the Xbox One version for not measuring up to the PS4. The game simply looks and feels right on the Xbox One, no thanks in part to its controller which proves superior playing the game
Persecution complex and controller preference.

Bradach

Are we talking drops of 60 to 55fps or something significant like 15fps? I'll take 1080p with small framerate drops over 720p personally.
I asked a gaffer that reviewed the ps4 version and it described it as a slight stutter from time to time. Noticible but only just

trixx

Pretty much confirms that Treyarch are the better developers. Black Ops 2 even looks better, not everything in that game is brown and green

Seanspeed

Banned
console warriors. flip out over another game. Waste of breath here. It's like comparing resolutions of 2 pictures of turds.
While I agree about the console warriors thing, after seeing some gameplay from the next-gen and PC versions, I think its taken a good step forward, actually. I had always thought previous games looked far too same-y, but this one seems to have some ambition.

That ambition seems to have resulted in a poorly running and demanding game, but still, its not your average CoD in terms of looks.

Top Bottom