• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD: Vanguard to launch with 20 multiplayer maps.

Thats a pretty good amount not gonna lie. I guess it would depend on which game modes these maps are divided upon?

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Thats a pretty good amount not gonna lie. I guess it would depend on which game modes these maps are divided upon?

16 in core game modes apparently.

I'm wondering how many they will re-use this year.
I personally won't be buying this one though, fuck WWII again.

When I can watch a twitch streamer pub stomp all day long, and if the game doesn't insist on splitting up every lobby after every game, then I'll consider buying a copy. I've never been THAT good, but I at least want to know that my wins and losses are dependent on my skill (along with my teammates and the people I get matched against according to ping), and not an algorithm that decides which games I should lose or win to keep me playing.

Last edited:

Arun1910

16 6v6 nice.

Better than the 10 we got for MW2019.

Will give the open beta a go but I doubt it will top BF2042/.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Honestly as someone that loved WaW, I want to be interested. But I just really don't know. I really wish they'd compress the games better, lmao.

Elginer

You're still getting a great campaign mode, co-op / zombies, and warzone on top of all the multiplayer stuff. Free seasonal updates too.

No other game comes close to COD in terms of value.
I have to agree with this I’ve spent little on COld War but have got a lot of play out of it.

ZywyPL

Banned
MW 2019 had 10
BLOPS Cold War had 8

These were awful numbers compared to what CoD used to be. Wouldn't say it's always been the most packed game on the market.

This 16 6v6 maps is a big step up from last years game.

But they still had every single game mode ever created plus some new inventions. The weapon/equivalent library os aslo second to none. Plus the blockbuster SP campaign. And full-fat co-op mode.

Honestly, no other game, especially in the genre, comes close with just a handdul of maps, 2-3 game modes, limited arsenal, no co-op at all, and SP campaign that's just there or even completely missing as well. SP-only titles are even worse considering you'll finish them pnce, maybe twice and that's it.

Keep in mind MW2 is THE sole reason why the prices went up from 50 to 60$, and barely anyone bat an eye, it was the only game that could get away with it and it sure did, along with 15$ DLCs which at the time were absurd as well. But in return people got one of the best, most memorable MP experience that ever existed, and will never be replicated. Now fast forward to today, we have 70-90$ games that don't offer even quarter or the content MW2 had back in the day, why?

But here comes the best part - video games have became the very first market in mankind's history where the consumers themselves are telling you that you should pay more, for less, that's fucking nuts! People put it behind some fancy slogans like "quality", "production values" etc., and funny how the same people have been shouting for decades how for example Apple is overrated and overpriced, oh the irony, but the content simply isn't there and most people aren't blind or dumb, and prefer to wait for a sale or price drop, and let's not forget about patches because nowadays most games are 70$ beta tests.

So yeah, I personally haven't played CoD for years, but IMO if any title it really worth 70$, it's exactly CoD, just for the sheer amount of content that comes right out of the box.

Top Bottom