• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD x The Boys, Round Two: A-Train and Firecracker

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
The Boys event is returning to Call of Duty, this time being headlined by A-Train and Firecracker (who I believe is exclusive to the TV show and doesn't exist in the source material)

Trailer via gamespot because the official channel one is age gated:

KVybQz7.gif

calistan

What the fuck is Firecracker? I gave up on The Boys when that shrinky guy crawled up some dude's sphincter and exploded his guts.

I'd say keep this shit out of my CoD, but it's already full of peple running around in capes. Ridiculous.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
The wild thing is, if Battlefield manages to be somewhat decent on launch with their next entry, it’s possible that they will actually take a big portion of the crowd from CoD this time. There are a whole lot of gamers who are getting older that are growing tired of the nonsense with CoD. They can keep appealing to the younger crowds, but it’s going to end up being their downfall in the end (the way things are going of course lol)

Ozriel

M$FT
The wild thing is, if Battlefield manages to be somewhat decent on launch with their next entry, it’s possible that they will actually take a big portion of the crowd from CoD this time. There are a whole lot of gamers who are getting older that are growing tired of the nonsense with CoD. They can keep appealing to the younger crowds, but it’s going to end up being their downfall in the end (the way things are going of course lol)

It’s ok to dream. But this is unlikely to happen.

as long as these cosmetic MTX don’t affect gameplay, does anyone truly care?

cash_longfellow

Gold Member

I don’t think it will happen because they are not capable of actually putting out a good Battlefield game anymore lol. To your second point, the gameplay is not that great anymore either.

Dutchy

I'd say yes.

MCC got an option to turn skins off after a lot of people complained about how they didn't aesthetically fit in the universe like, at all. Some of the models also had more/less favorable hitboxes.

If I could do the same thing for other shooters, I would. But I don't play that many other shooters so I have no idea if this is a functionality that has been incorporated into CoD as well.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Firecracker has some equipment! Hopefully the Nicki Minaj and Lara Croft sales give Activision the hint to put more waifu skins in Black Ops this year. Nobody wants to play as generic milsim shit (and if they do they been playing the wrong series lmao).

xrnzaaas

Why would the A-Train use guns when he can just run through people or stab them without any chance for reaction?

Ffs make even slightly believable crossovers like Homelander in MK.

wipeout364

I personally love the skins they put in the game. Anyone saying COD is a serious military shooter in 2024 is not paying attention, COD is the Quake/Unreal tournament of the present day.

Battlefield will never touch the COD audience in a meaningful way. I play a ton of battlefield 2042 and it’s a completely different experience. There is much more downtime in the game and encounters are 90% medium to long range. Battlefield involves you getting killed from someone you don’t see, then having to wait a few seconds to respawn, then having to run for 30 seconds to a minute to get back to your last position.

Frwrd

I rather get aids and cancer before I play this wack ass game or watch that PoS tv series or whatever the F it is.

Call of Duty trully lost its north years ago.
They are so thirsty for that Fortnite (f that game too lol) fanbase so bad.
Too bad EA is fucking retarded and will never drop a Battlefield “2.0 3-4” they would sell truckloads on day-one alone.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I personally love the skins they put in the game. Anyone saying COD is a serious military shooter in 2024 is not paying attention, COD is the Quake/Unreal tournament of the present day.

Battlefield will never touch the COD audience in a meaningful way. I play a ton of battlefield 2042 and it’s a completely different experience. There is much more downtime in the game and encounters are 90% medium to long range. Battlefield involves you getting killed from someone you don’t see, then having to wait a few seconds to respawn, then having to run for 30 seconds to a minute to get back to your last position.
If it takes you 30 seconds to a minute to get anywhere in Battlefield you are playing it wrong.

Top Bottom