• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD2 and PDZ for 360.. which one is better?

Gigglepoo said:
I rented the game about a month ago and was quite disapointed with it. I expected a realistic WWII themed FPS and what I got was an average FPS with a war skin on top. If you're interested in why I thought the game was a failure, you can read my writeup over here.
I'm sorry dude, I tried to read it but quotes like:
Unfortunately, every other aspect of the game was garbage. Same deal with Dead Rising - really fun, but had many more problems than, um, whatever the opposite of problems is.
What? Then there's...
The game places you in one of the bleakest settings in the history of time, only slightly edged by the even more horrendous battlefields of WWI and the Earth two minutes after the dinosaurs died.
After reading that my head started to throb and my nose started bleeding so I was forced to stop.

As far as I can tell the only really unrealistic part of COD2 is the player health regeneration. Are some of the game play scenarios historicly accurate. *shrugs* Storming the beaches of Normandy on D-day is the only scenario I'm truly familiar with and playing that level on Veteran felt like more then just "an average FPS with a war skin on top" but to each their own, right.

pr0cs

soul creator said:
I've never really understood the complaint about the arrows on the ground...is the problem with the visual representation of it, and not the concept itself? Because Halo does the same thing (except the arrow just shows up on the hud and not on the ground)

The problem is that in PDZ the blue arrows simply point out the fact that the level design on a number of levels is simply horrible. The jungle levels especially.
I don't mind when games have waypoint hints, sometimes when levels are huge or offer multiple ways to complete its best to hint the user when they're obviously stuck but in PDZ the blue arrows in a number of the levels are simply a must because the game is so poorly laid out.

I wanted to like the game but I couldn't even make it 1/2 way through the single player story. My brother in law came over and we tried to complete the game via co-op and gave up (shoot down the hover-ship level). The multiplayer is the only redeeming feature but the game just feels off, perhaps the movement feels janky or something but it just doesn't feel right.

To be honest if I found PDZ in the bargain bin for $5 I wouldn't buy it, it was possibly the worst game I've played on the 360 (besides TH:AW and NHL2K6).

Rorschach

jedimike said:
I played through CoD2 on veteran. It was a lot of fun... but I also like PDZ. Honestly, buy PDZ now for $30 and get CoD2 once it drops in price. You can get them both for the price of CoD2 now. CoD2 is going to be dropping in price very soon. CoD3 is on the horizon and MS is starting the Platinum hits line this fall.
And you can actually read the thread now and post later when you're done with it.

Troidal

I can grab the Japanese version of PDZ for $15 here, yet I would still buy CoD2 for full price. Luckily I just borrowed from someone and finished it. Not big into WW2 shooters, but it was pretty intense game. PDZ was poop when I played the demo.

Top Bottom