• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD4 PS3 Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to avsforum.

temp.jpg

DSC03036-1a.jpg

DSC03053-1a.jpg

DSC03061-1a.jpg

USC-fan

Banned
They should let you use the game background for your background. don't understand why they dont have this option.

Anyway that looks great, still wonder if the xbox 360 version will look/run better....

theBishop

Banned
some bits about multiplayer:
Just hopped into the multiplayer menu - It let me search for games, but didn't have any type of server choices (a la warhawk). You can also host your own "private party"

Class creation, challenge mode, clan tags (so to me that implies clan support), map select types all are unlockable features based on your rank.

Sounds pretty solid. Any PS3 game with party support is welcome.

JB1981

theBishop said:

game should naturally be the next game that the resistance clan migrates over to. 60fps awesomeness with clans, parties, matchmaking, stats, ranking, etc.

Synless

Damn I wish games got released early here where I live, lol it will never ever happen though, fuck the east coast!!!!! I need to go west!!!!!!

Nizz

*drools on keyboard* I................cannot...............wait. This game is gonna make my PS3 sing :D

Truespeed

Link

Still, as strong as Call of Duty 4 is shaping up to be in the gameplay department, the most immediately impressive aspect is by far its graphics. The PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions all look surprisingly similar, but that's not due to one platform being the lead; Infinity Ward personally assured us that development occurred simultaneously on all three platforms, and that there wasn't a base system. With that said, the console similarities end when it comes to textures, lighting and resolutions, because those three areas make the PlayStation 3 version definitely excel over the Xbox 360 SKU. Regardless, every console owner will proudly use Call of Duty 4 to showcase their high-definition TV, because COD4 is by far the best-looking console game you will see this year.

Ryu

I heard rumors the PS3 version looks better in the single player than the 360 version, is there any truth to this?

I'm really torn. If the PS3 version does in fact look better, I do want the most bang for my buck. Just the same though, I will be playing this online a LOT and I just don't know if the audience will be there on PS3. Decisions decisions. I can't wait for the reviews.

djkimothy

theBishop said:

After my experience with Resistance, I can't imagine a multiplayer game without a party support.

Is a GAF PS3 clan in the works?

Zen said:
Was it debunked or just the source of massive flame wars?

It wasent debunked.. its very true... it will start a massive flame war.. especially here...alot of people dont want to face the reality yet

mintylurb

Defuser said:
Anybody is worried whether online would be laggy? Or will they be using some dedicated server similar to Sony?
It would be great if sony can provide a few dedicated servers for this game. Resistance and winhawk have spoiled me.

Truespeed

painful fart said:
Looks like it´s going to give Killzone2 a run for its money.

I am really looking forwared to see how this game plays. I hope Inifinite Ward delivers.

It may have the edge in FPS, but unless it's performing post processing voodoo to the level KZ2 is I don't think it has anything to worry about.

Synless

Phoenix Down said:
It wasent debunked.. its very true... it will start a massive flame war.. especially here...alot of people dont want to face the reality yet
If it really is then great, I was getting the ps3 version anyway.

Cruzader

Banned
who cares if PS3 version is better? As long as the PS3 version doesnt get the shitty port, its all good. I wish the limited edition on ps3 was released though...

the_id

Never played the call of duty games. I have preordered this game. Looks amazing!!!!

AND FUCK YOU GUYS DOING THE CONSOLE COMPARISONS! KEEP IT OUT OF THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Synless

Cruzader said:
who cares if PS3 version is better? As long as the PS3 version doesnt get the shitty port, its all good. I wish the limited edition on ps3 was released though...
Everyone cares, because if it were worse everyone would take an infinite amount of shots at the ps3 or the developers saying how much they suck at life.

Cruzader

Banned
Yea i know that but im saying as long as its a good version not a bad port ala FEAR, then thats good enought for me...now that the guys at gamedaily saying PS3 version is the best one is an added extra of kick ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom